PDA

View Full Version : Which LLB Adventure duffle?

WatchingThemGrow
11-10-2011, 11:14 PM
My DC loved packing their own stuff when we went away this weekend. I realized they could use their own suitcases. What sizes is ideal for 4-5 days of grade-schoolers' clothes, shoes, etc. And do you suggest rolling or not? I'm thinking we would be using these for car travel mainly.

Kindra178
11-10-2011, 11:31 PM
My DC loved packing their own stuff when we went away this weekend. I realized they could use their own suitcases. What sizes is ideal for 4-5 days of grade-schoolers' clothes, shoes, etc. And do you suggest rolling or not? I'm thinking we would be using these for car travel mainly.

Although a little harder for car travel, rolling is so much easier to carry. If you get a smaller size, she could pull it herself.

abh5e8
11-11-2011, 01:21 AM
we have 3 of the LLB medium size duffel...and i actually prefer non-rolling, as they bag itself is much lighter.

Simon
11-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Both boys got the Medium size non-rolling duffle last year for Christmas. We love them. We have used them a lot already and don't miss the wheels. For a short weekend trip, 1-3 days, we can usually fit 1 kid and 1 adult in each bag (depending on season and activity). Otherwise, we can fit a week or more per big kid in the bag. Toddler clothes I can easily fit about 2 weeks worth, not including diapers, or one week plus diapers, monitor, etc.

Ds1 is learning to pack his own, which makes me happy. I think the wheels also make bags harder to pack in the car, whereas those w/out can smush easily into smaller spaces.

hillview
11-11-2011, 10:12 AM
I'd get med without rollers. I have both wheeled and no wheels in the large size. The wheels are more convenient for long hauls in the airport but are not as easy to pack (I also feel like they dont hold as much).
/hillary

Simon
11-11-2011, 12:02 PM
I'd get med without rollers. I have both wheeled and no wheels in the large size. The wheels are more convenient for long hauls in the airport but are not as easy to pack (I also feel like they dont hold as much).
/hillary

I agree with this. I will add that we also have two XL size duffles that I used for international travel years ago and we now use for storing/packing camping equipment. I like the wheels in the airport and for the size of the XL but don't need it on the smaller ones.

hellokitty
11-11-2011, 12:32 PM
We have an XL with wheels and LOVE that thing. We got the orange aloha print and we can spot it from a mile when it comes off the conveyor belt at the airport. If you are getting anything that will be heavy to carry, I would get the wheels.

turtle12
12-19-2011, 09:10 AM
just resurrecting because i'm about to buy a few ---

so i can roughly estimate one child's clothes in a medium duffel for a week long trip?

how about adults?

thanks.

traciann
12-19-2011, 09:16 AM
We each have the medium duffel thanks to this board and we LOVE them for car travel. I would say you can for sure pack a kids week of clothes. For an adult I think you could but it depends on the type of clothes and if you overpack. Dh is an overpacker but there is usually room in one of the other 3 bags if we need more space.

turtle12
12-23-2011, 03:13 AM
Thanks for the advice -- ordered two mediums, and they are fantastic! I love the size, not too narrow and sort of squarish. Can't wait to start using them!

KrisM
12-23-2011, 05:47 AM
We each have medium, non-rolling and pack for a week in it without a problem. I really like them. Even packed full, I can carry 3-4 bags myself for short times (car to hotel) without issues, so rolling isn't needed for us. I might do rolling if I traveled by plane often.