PDA

View Full Version : Did you get stretch marks with 2nd pregnancy

mommylamb
11-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Sadly, when I was pregnant with DS, I got terrible stretch marks. They're now just those faint silvery lines on my belly. I carried him really far out, so I looked like a house. On the plus side, he never pressed into my internal organs, so no heartburn and no problems breathing ever. But I had those ugly purple lines. I'm sure I had some of them already by this point in pregnancy (I'm 27 weeks today).

This time around I think I'm carrying a little smaller than I was with DS. And I'm hoping that I won't get stretch marks again. Of course, my stomach was already stretched out (hence the silver lines), so maybe that means I won't get new purple ones.

Anyway, if you had stretchmarks with your first, did you have them again with subsequent pregnancies? Here's hoping the answer is no.

BabyBearsMom
11-11-2011, 09:31 AM
I would think the stomach would already be stretched out so unless you stretch it further, you wouldn't get stretch marks.

Mederma has a new stretchmark cream that came out. I am thinking of using that when I start getting bigger. I used vitamin E cream last time and while I still got stretch marks, none of them were purple or bright.

boltfam
11-11-2011, 09:35 AM
yup, I got them both times, and I carry my babies small. But, hopefully, you won't follow suit.

daisymommy
11-11-2011, 09:36 AM
I got new ones from every single pregnancy. I have olive skin, so after I have the baby, and lose a little weight, the stretch marks fade and go away. But w/ each baby I get them all over again. I already have some on my belly and thighs, at 12 weeks :(

Edited to add: and a tried a different brand of cream each time, still got them, and only gained about 20 lbs. Each time, so not too huge. I guess that's life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mommylamb
11-11-2011, 09:36 AM
none of them were purple or bright.

You're lucky. Mine were awful and very obvious.

♥ms.pacman♥
11-11-2011, 09:41 AM
No, I didn't get any stretch marks while pregnant with DD, despite having the "I swallowed a basketball" look. But then again, I didnt' get them with DS either. I guess this is the one advantage of having a pre-existing tummy pooch...i guess my tummy didn't have to stretch much :)

Simon
11-11-2011, 09:43 AM
No strech marks with Ds1, but I did get strech marks in pregnancy 2.

mommylamb
No, I didn't get any stretch marks while pregnant with DD, despite having the "I swallowed a basketball" look. But then again, I didnt' get them with DS either. I guess this is the one advantage of having a pre-existing tummy pooch...i guess my tummy didn't have to stretch much :)

Oh, I had tummy pooch too. I think you're just lucky to have good skin with good elastic qualities.

MamaMolly
I got them worse with DD2 *BUT* DD1 was only 36 weeks (though 7lb6oz) and DD2 was full term and 8lbs 14 oz.

Sorry!

Melaine
11-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Oh, I had tummy pooch too. I think you're just lucky to have good skin with good elastic qualities.

I agree with this. I think some skin just tends to show stetch marks.

I had them BAD last time. But I am hoping not to get as big this time (so far, I am not growing as quickly) and maybe they won't be as bad.

luckytwenty
11-11-2011, 01:27 PM
I got horrible stretchmarks with my first pregnancy, on my hips. I collected a few new ones in the same area after my daughter was born, but they didn't appear until the day after she was born (totally HORRIFYING first-glimpse-in-the-mirror-post-partum moment). With my third, I got one tiny one of one side of my belly button. It looks like a parenthesis. I did gain more weight with my second two pregnancies, though--maybe if you stay on the smaller side, that won't happen to you.

MommyAllison
11-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Yep, and a few the third time around as well. Mine appear at 40 weeks on the dot each time, just when I think I might have escaped!

lele
11-11-2011, 03:19 PM
yes! the last week i was pregnant, I almost got away with it!

ABO Mama
11-11-2011, 03:26 PM
The twins ruined my stomach. I've got stretch marks all the way from my thighs and hips to a good couple of inches above my belly button.

daniele_ut
11-11-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm most of the way through my 4th pregnancy and haven't ever had stretch marks, but you can't hate me, since the doc is going to destroy my belly by delivering this baby with a classical incision starting at my belly button! Stretch marks or no, this body won't be seeing a bikini again EVER.

cindys
11-11-2011, 05:25 PM
No stretch marks with any of my pregnancies.

I wonder if its genetic...My Mom didnt have any stretch marks and neither did my sister...They both had 4 pregnancies.

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...20, 5 & 3 :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

roseyloxs
11-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Its hard to tell since I got so many the first time around. I call them my tiger stripes. All on my tummy. I gained about 25 lbs. Never had any breathing problems though so maybe its a trade-off?

SnuggleBuggles
11-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Oh yeah. But ds2 was more than a pound bigger than ds1. Trade off was easy pregnancies and births, I guess. When I lost weight I still had saggy skin too. Low rise things will never, ever work for me no matter how thin I get.

Beth

mezzona
11-11-2011, 05:40 PM
no purple ones while carrying dd2 so I don't think I did. dd1 already did a great job stretching me out. dd2 was a couple ounces smaller, though.

DrSally
11-11-2011, 06:23 PM
DS was 8 days late and pretty big. Boy that last month, I could see my belly expanding and new stretch marks being added daily. I pretty much got all that I was going to get w/him. DD was 4 weeks early and I don't think I got any new ones, although I prob didn't even notice. b/c my body was already pretty "marked up", lol.

daphne
11-11-2011, 06:41 PM
I didn't get stretch marks with either pregnancy (gained 60lbs both times, so I'm thinking it's genetic). My good friend, though, didn't get any stretch marks until her 3rd pregnancy.

kijip
11-11-2011, 07:56 PM
I did not get purple stripes again but the silvery lines got stretched out again and were more noticeable than they are now, say 3 years post partum. No new marks. So there is something. Also, I gained a permanent shoe size after my first pregnancy and had no more growth with the 2nd one. Which is good because 11 is hard to shoe for and 12 is damn near impossible!

katydid1971
11-11-2011, 08:05 PM
I got them with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd pregnancies. I guess each child had a different way they wanted to stretch my belly. Now they are faded but my stomach looks totally ripply and gross :(

mypa
11-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Minimal w/ 1st pregnancy and almost everything went back to like before. However, w/ 2nd pregnancy I got tons of stretch marks up and down and into my hips/thighs and a very loose pooch (that folds, gross!). The skin just never tightened back up and the only way to ever get it to be flat is if I have a tummy tuck. :-(

I seemed to have lost all elasticity in my skin w/the second pregnancy. It's good to hear others have escaped this fate.