PDA

View Full Version : Aprica Cadence question

fozzie
11-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi all, I've been looking for a high quality lightweight umbrella with a decent basket and canopy. It also needs to have a quick/easy fold and be easy to carry in the subway and be easy to push one-handed. I narrowed the selection down to the Aprica Cadence which I :heartbeat: the look of, but the reviews are almost unanimous in saying the seat back doesn't go upright enough. This is definitely a problem (DS is 2 and pretty laid back, but I think this will annoy him). In the past I've had strollers with the same problem and from experience, usually there is a way to get the seat to got straighter, either by sewing some straps tighter, or tying them, etc.

For anyone who has owned a Cadence or had a chance to inspect one, do you think there is a way to "mod" it so the seat sits up straighter? If so, it would fit the bill!

If not, back to the drawing board....

candaceb
11-11-2011, 10:45 AM
I have no experience with it but wanted to let you know that it's on giggle deals this week if you're interested. $189.

fozzie
11-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the heads up, that's a great price.

BabyBearsMom
11-11-2011, 11:07 AM
If you want an upright seat, go for a Maclaren. My DD hates a slouchy seat (detests our BJCM as an example) and she loves our Volo. Nice upright seat. If you are looking for a great push, the Maclaren Ryders would probably fit your needs.

fozzie
11-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Thanks, I have checked out the Macs but they all have small/inaccessible baskets which is a deal breaker for me!

legaleagle
11-11-2011, 11:44 AM
The cadence might be different but the presto has cross bars going across the basket so it's not very accessible at all. If you're willing to go as heavy as the cadence, why not look at the b-agile or BJCM for a bigger basket.

fozzie
11-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Yes the Cadence basket is completely different and much more accessible than the Presto's.

Nobody here has had a Cadence and can tell me if it's possible to tweak the recline?

legaleagle
11-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Maybe PM strollerqueen? She has a review of it.

fozzie
11-12-2011, 04:07 AM
Good idea, thanks, I'll try PMing her.

strollerqueen
11-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Hi all, I've been looking for a high quality lightweight umbrella with a decent basket and canopy. It also needs to have a quick/easy fold and be easy to carry in the subway and be easy to push one-handed. I narrowed the selection down to the Aprica Cadence which I :heartbeat: the look of, but the reviews are almost unanimous in saying the seat back doesn't go upright enough. This is definitely a problem (DS is 2 and pretty laid back, but I think this will annoy him). In the past I've had strollers with the same problem and from experience, usually there is a way to get the seat to got straighter, either by sewing some straps tighter, or tying them, etc.

For anyone who has owned a Cadence or had a chance to inspect one, do you think there is a way to "mod" it so the seat sits up straighter? If so, it would fit the bill!

If not, back to the drawing board....
Hi there! Sorry I'm so late to the party. :p I do not think the Cadence will be a good choice for what you need. It has a very bulky fold, similar to the Pack n Play in size and shape. Kind of awkward to carry around. Check out the folded pic I have here and you will see what I mean. http://strollerqueenreviews.blogspot.com/2010/06/aprica-cadence-stroller-review.html

fozzie
11-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Oh bummer! Thanks for the warning, SQ! I guess it's back to the drawing board indeed. I'm now considering the Peg Si (having read your glowing review).

strollerqueen
11-13-2011, 05:12 PM
P.S. check out how much stuff I have crammed into this MC Mila basket:

http://strollerqueenreviews.blogspot.com/search?q=Mila

fozzie
11-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks, I checked out the pic and the basket is big, but isn't the Mila a couple pounds heavier than the Si? Do you prefer the Mila over the Si?

strollerqueen
11-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks, I checked out the pic and the basket is big, but isn't the Mila a couple pounds heavier than the Si? Do you prefer the Mila over the Si?
I like both, for different reasons. The Mila is great for long-legged kids. Has the longest drop to footrest of any stroller I have measured. But yes, the Si is lighter, and steers a little better.

Beth24
11-16-2011, 08:02 PM
I have an Si if you have any questions...