PDA

View Full Version : Pants for Skinny Girl - REALLY skinny

icunurse
11-11-2011, 10:00 AM
DD has always been small and we were usually able to get away with just buying smaller sizes. Fortunately, she has started to grow a little taller (10th percentile!), but her weight remains the same (3rd percentile). So, I have a girl who needs size 4 for her legs, but adjustable waists don't adjust enough and jeggings/leggings fall off her butt. Any suggestions for stores, brands, or items that we can try? We already do skinny jeans :) Fortunately, she likes dresses and skirts, but we'd like to be able to throw on some jeans or something once in a while. Thanks!!

roseyloxs
11-11-2011, 10:41 AM
'the children's place' makes slim sizes. It might still be a little big for your dd but its better then the regulars.

plusbellelavie
11-11-2011, 11:26 AM
My DD is very tall and very skinny and always has been I have had luck with Boden because of the elastic inside the jeans. (Personally I find the cuts of the European brands to work best for my DD but that was just a personal preference on how they looked on her.)

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Girls-Trousers-Jeans/32381-BLK/Girls-Black-Twill-Slim-Fit-Jeans.html

I also has had good luck with Jacadi brand pants because they seem to be cut slimmer then American brands I usually bought off of ebay for those.

DD always prefred dresses when she was younger with tights or leggings but when it got colder she also would wear the sweats from Hanna Anderson or Boden that were either all elastic in the waist or had a workable drawstring.

HTH....I am sure you already know this but Boden have fantastic CS and you can usually get FS and FR with a 20% coupons that are around making it work a try to see if it they work for you.

wellyes
11-11-2011, 11:38 AM
My DD is similar. All of the jeans with adjustable waists don't adjust small enough for her tall skinny self. I haven't found ANY jeans with a small enough waist, so we do "jeggings". Sigh.

Simon
11-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Ds1 is like that and I have found Gap slim pants to be the slimmest/narrowest in waist and legs but even their pants vary by cut, so you may have to try out a few. We have also had some luck with Gymbo slims but they seem to run bigger than Gap.

melrose7
11-11-2011, 12:08 PM
DD1 is very skinny and very tall as well. She is older than your DD and for developmental issues she didn't/couldn't wear dress so it's been a battle for year. I have found that Lands Ends and Gap have slim sizes that ave worked well. Even with the slim I was able to pull the adjustable waist all the in and then they fit. Dd is right now wearing the target brand of jeans in a slim and they fit well too. they do have a few styles and i had to try a few to find a good fit but i think it was the bootcut ones that fit well. I did have to have my mom take in some knit pants for her since i couldn't find any of those to fit this year. As PP said she does have some hand me down Boden pants that fit well but do run a little short. She is in a slim 7 in all her pants and has a couple boden 7-8 and it's a little short for her.

SoloMelody
11-14-2011, 07:06 PM
DD is 3 1/2 and slim built, we have tried....

slims adjustables from GAP, Gymbo and TCP.

The Gap 3T dont remember the style but didnt cut it, still loose and did not stand on waist.

Gymbo 3T after tightening the adjustable straps a lot, fit pretty well, little roomy in the thighs and bottom, and a couple of inches long...so we can grow with them a little.

TCP 3T slims fit just right especially as it was the skinny jean that I got. No need to adjust any tabs, length a tiny bit long, so not much roon to grow in over all..

Recommend trying a bunch of slims and figure out what works for your kid.

katydid1971
11-14-2011, 08:09 PM
DS is super slim (so is DD but she just wear Hanna Leggings so its fine) and I have had the best luck with Lands End slims. They really fit the best. I don't know their girl stuff yet but I'm sure I will be looking there soon for DD.

ellies mom
11-16-2011, 12:09 AM
We have had good luck with the slim fit skinny jeans at Crazy 8 (the cheaper version of Gymboree).

cono0507
11-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Probably not the answer you are looking for, but for my super skinny and tall 4 yo, I alter the waist on all her pants and skirts. It takes just a minute or two with the sewing machine but allows her to wear any cute pants we find.

chinook
11-16-2011, 12:42 AM
We have the best luck with Gap or Old Navy slim fit jeans. They HAVE to be the slim fit though. I made the mistake of buying a regular fit "super-skinny" gap jean and they're skinny in the legs but huge in the waist.

Their slim fits are the first ones where I haven't had to reef on the adjustable elastics!

lalasmama
11-16-2011, 02:12 AM
Arizona Jean Company (JCPenney's) worked well for DD when she was a little younger. However, my aunt would buy them for us, because I care about sales, and wouldn't ever find them on sale around the time that DD needed them. She could wear the adjustable waist slims up to 6X without a problem. She was probably 46 inches when she outgrew the 6X slim (by height!) at JCP.

Now, we're on a TCP denim kick ($13 on sale), but DD hates skinny jeans, so she's in the straight cut, which look HUGE on her toothpick legs. I didn't realize TCP has slims. Will have to look next time!

HIU8
11-16-2011, 11:54 AM
I did tucks in all of DS's pants as well. I still do them for sweatpants and really any elastic waist pants.

lowrioh
11-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Have you tried something like this?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62782888/elastic-toddler-belt-navy-and-green

Nooknookmom
11-18-2011, 07:01 AM
My 4yo is 3'3" and 30 lbs. 7th for height and 12th for wt.

She just started to like jeans and I have Levis, 4t or Oshkosh. Seem to stay on her tiny tush. Leggings I get at Old Navy mostly since Gap changed their quality! Sad b/c Gap leggings were her fall staple from the get go.

I bought her a few ON 5T's a few weeks ago and they are long enough to grow into but the waist just fits w/ some spare room. I do have a few pairs of OshKosh leggings and they fit fine too.

Christeen_Trevor
11-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Try super skinny jeans from ON
They work on my skinny girl

twowhat?
11-28-2011, 02:01 PM
If you don't mind being spendy, the Boden velour sweatpants and similar come with a functional drawstring. And the waist to me run narrow already - I have to yank to get them over my girls' butts and they are average sized.