PDA

View Full Version : What Deals Are You Waiting For?

MotownMom
11-11-2011, 10:32 AM
I am hoping Pottery Barn does the super price on personalized beer mugs again. It was a great deal last year.

What are you waiting/hoping for?

ahisma
11-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Train tracks.

We ditched the train table and are now building massive tracks on the floor. MUCH better, wish we would have done this years ago. But, we went from having too many tracks to not enough!

larig
11-11-2011, 02:06 PM
train tracks too! (we'll have to collaborate).

xbox kinnect

JTsMom
11-11-2011, 02:26 PM
I noticed Target has some generic tracks in store, and the price seemed good- maybe $15ish for a big box.

I'm idso of a John Deere Gator or possibly a powered police car. I'm willing to go used even, as long as it's in good shape, but I keep striking out.

kristac
11-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Train tracks.

We ditched the train table and are now building massive tracks on the floor. MUCH better, wish we would have done this years ago. But, we went from having too many tracks to not enough!

Saw a few sets at Tuesday Morning in thier 50% off clearance sale.

Jo..
11-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Naartjie!

I have been STALKING them for a month because I want a couple of kid essential pants. Normally $15, have been as low as $9...They were $11 each when I added them to my cart in October, plus $5 shipping (total $27).

Now, they have 25% off the whole site, but have jacked up the prices on everything.

Grrr.

Ever since DS zipped his penis up in his Hanna zippers and we had to call 911, he is scared to DEATH of zippers, so we do elastic waist when we can, and Naartjie bottoms are wonderful!

They have great boys elastic waist cords and jeans...I just can't bring myself to order without a code or sale.

Green22
11-11-2011, 03:12 PM
the amazon deals!

A kid's kitchen (Missed the $35 one a few days ago) and a train set (I like chuggington but really anything to get started).

smiles33
11-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Ever since DS zipped his penis up in his Hanna zippers and we had to call 911, he is scared to DEATH of zippers, so we do elastic waist when we can, and Naartjie bottoms are wonderful!

Yikes, I missed this story! Poor DS. I winced just reading it. How did they free him?

Jo..
11-11-2011, 03:44 PM
The 911 operator tried hard not to laugh.

The first responders shot him in the groin with some numbing spray and some lube. They were pretty sure they'd have to cut the jammies away, and I was FINE with that. I just didn't want my son's penis to get zipped off.

Our whole family was a wreck.

In the end they freed him with minor cuts. But now Adam is TERRIFIED of zippers, even if he is wearing underwear (which he was not that night).

I also love elastic waist Naartjie for the fit and quality. But could they please cut me a break? Even if it's just a couple of dollars, I WANT to order!

smiles33
11-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Poor boy!

Do you have a Naartjie outlet near you? There is one near me and the store is always PACKED with inventory and very few customers. I don't think folks near me have heard of them.

g-mama
11-11-2011, 04:16 PM
ETA: The tracks are gone - thanks for everyone's responses. I'm sorry I don't have enough to go around!

mctlaw
11-11-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm waiting for a great deal on a Graco Snugride or Chicco keyfit infant seat.

cindys
11-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I am waiting for a deal on DSi Bundle...

Could kick myself for not grabbing the one on Amazon for $149! :mad::mad::mad:

And oh my gracious, Jo , your poor baby :(

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...20, 5 & 3 :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

mctlaw
11-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Oh Jo, I just read that about your son...that must have been terrible but hopefully he can laugh about it someday. Maybe eventually he'll appreciate the beans n frank scene in Something About Mary?

JustMe
11-11-2011, 05:46 PM
The Imaginext Batcave. Ds desperately wants this.

DrSally
11-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Naartjie!

They have great boys elastic waist cords and jeans...I just can't bring myself to order without a code or sale.

OMG, I missed that story too. Poor guy! Does LE have any elastic waist pants?

Jo..
11-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Poor boy!

Do you have a Naartjie outlet near you? There is one near me and the store is always PACKED with inventory and very few customers. I don't think folks near me have heard of them.

I am in Oklahoma. Nothing GREAT (Naartjie, Hanna, costco, pumpkin Patch, Boden, Trader Joes) is within hundreds of miles. :ROTFLMAO:

cindys
11-11-2011, 06:01 PM
The Imaginext Batcave

My 5 yr old got this a couple years ago and LOVES it...He and my now 3 yr old play with it all the time!!

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...20, 5 & 3 :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

kellij
11-11-2011, 06:17 PM
The 911 operator tried hard not to laugh.

The first responders shot him in the groin with some numbing spray and some lube. They were pretty sure they'd have to cut the jammies away, and I was FINE with that. I just didn't want my son's penis to get zipped off.

Our whole family was a wreck.

In the end they freed him with minor cuts. But now Adam is TERRIFIED of zippers, even if he is wearing underwear (which he was not that night).

I also love elastic waist Naartjie for the fit and quality. But could they please cut me a break? Even if it's just a couple of dollars, I WANT to order!

:( That is a horrible story!! I can't believe that 911 operator was so insensitive. Poor baby!!

kellij
11-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I am in Oklahoma. Nothing GREAT (Naartjie, Hanna, costco, pumpkin Patch, Boden, Trader Joes) is within hundreds of miles. :ROTFLMAO:

Jo, Did you know that there is a Naartjie somewhere near Dallas? I found it on the way to Great Wolf Lodge last spring. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw it.

And seriously, why don't we get those stores?!! I've actually emailed Costco and Trader Joe's to request a store!

fattytuna
11-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Lego Star Wars.

There seems to be random sets on sale in Target and TRU. To tell you the truth I'm not sure what is considered a "good" deal WRT Lego Star Wars, since I've never paid attention to anything SW's related until about two months ago when DC got into Star Wars overnight. They even dressed as Leia and Luke for Halloween. Time to do some research on the boards.

I just started eyeing the Millennium Falcon - Amazon has it cheaper than anywhere else right now. I'm debating if I should just get it now or wait for a few weeks. It doesn't seem like such an item would become greatly discounted. Although DC's would be happy with anything SW's (they only have lightsabers and a few small action figures), my inner child wants a MF "for them" :)

wellyes
11-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Kinect or wii (I have an Xbox 360).

For me it would be nice if sephora did another discount. Didn't realize how desperately I need that train case til the f&f sale ended. I am obsessed. It's like my 13 year old caboodle fantasy but for grown up ladies.

spring_mommy
11-11-2011, 08:09 PM
My DS would love the Batcave too. DH would like a sound bar for the TV.

wifecat
11-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Train tracks.

Interesting! I have so wanted a train table - did you just find it too limiting?

wifecat
11-11-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm really hoping for a smokin' deal on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Not kidding...I'd like to have the whole set, but it's kinda spendy.

I'm looking forward to amazon sales, but my prime ran out, so I may be kicking myself for not paying the fee during the madness!

mjmamma
11-11-2011, 09:16 PM

I have a deal alert set for this at SD so I will be sure to post if one pops up.

I need a DSlite deal.

Also, my train table was well used too but limiting. A friend bought a preglued trackset/train table online and I think that was another great way to go. While it can be fun creating track systems, it becomes a hassle when you have small children, imo.

mamatomax
11-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Lego Star Wars.

There seems to be random sets on sale in Target and TRU. To tell you the truth I'm not sure what is considered a "good" deal WRT Lego Star Wars, since I've never paid attention to anything SW's related until about two months ago when DC got into Star Wars overnight. They even dressed as Leia and Luke for Halloween. Time to do some research on the boards.

I just started eyeing the Millennium Falcon - Amazon has it cheaper than anywhere else right now. I'm debating if I should just get it now or wait for a few weeks. It doesn't seem like such an item would become greatly discounted. Although DC's would be happy with anything SW's (they only have lightsabers and a few small action figures), my inner child wants a MF "for them" :)

Can I please send you pics of the Legos covering my house? Both of my boys (6 & 3 1/2) love playing with them, but they are such a mess. We have Harry Potter ones mixed with the Star Wars sets. And once you start with them, every relative (ones you didn't even know you had) will buy more sets multiple times of the year ....for all of eternity. You've been warned LOL
Wish I was joking *sigh*.

wifecat
11-11-2011, 09:31 PM
I have a deal alert set for this at SD so I will be sure to post if one pops up.

How have I missed how to do this? How do I set an alert for something at SD???

ahisma
11-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Interesting! I have so wanted a train table - did you just find it too limiting?

We do. We've had it for about 3 years now, since DS was 2. Then, it was good. Recently, the play has dropped off a lot but they still love the trains SO much. In fact, both of them (3 and 5 yrs old) have nothing but train stuff on their list.

We were at a friend's house the other day and they have much more open space than we do. (small urban house for us, they're in the burbs) The boys had room to build on the floor and they did - for FOUR hours. The table is just so limiting and it's SO hard to fit within the confines. They have grand plans but can never make them work. I empathize, I struggle too. So - out it goes!

mum-to-be
11-11-2011, 11:46 PM
We do. We've had it for about 3 years now, since DS was 2. Then, it was good. Recently, the play has dropped off a lot but they still love the trains SO much. In fact, both of them (3 and 5 yrs old) have nothing but train stuff on their list.

We were at a friend's house the other day and they have much more open space than we do. (small urban house for us, they're in the burbs) The boys had room to build on the floor and they did - for FOUR hours. The table is just so limiting and it's SO hard to fit within the confines. They have grand plans but can never make them work. I empathize, I struggle too. So - out it goes!

I really wanted a train table when DS was 2.5 yrs old. Then, by age 3, he was able to build his own tracks and wanted to be able to build them all around his room. So, no train table for us, and I am glad I didn't spend money on one. I think they are great if you want to glue a track down so your kid can play with trains, but once they get a little older the real appeal is creating complex track systems rather than pushing a train around the track.

nicoleandjackson
11-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Tegu blocks. I just love the Tints colors. Missed the Eversave voucher and I've been kicking myself ever since...

mjmamma
11-12-2011, 12:03 AM
How have I missed how to do this? How do I set an alert for something at SD???

So simple, I think I have the max set..maybe 10 different alerts.

You need to create an account as you did here, then 'search' for your product. When your results are returned, on the upper rightish side of the screen it will say something like. "Create a deal alert' Click that and it will set it up for you (as well as let you add another keyword) once you hit save/ok on the bottom. HTH

JustMe
11-12-2011, 12:08 AM

Thanks!

I actually registered for camel,camel, camel, but for some reason it has never let me log in! I even tried saying I forgot my password and creating a new one and it still wouldnt let me log in!

indigo99
11-12-2011, 12:37 PM
I want:
M&D unit blocks (missed the JCP deal)
another 40% off with free shipping for LE so I an get a stocking holder for DS2
a good garnet hill discount with no min purchase

zag95
11-12-2011, 12:50 PM
got my gifts...... magnatiles from discount school supply in July or Aug (I was shopping ahead) and just rec'd a Rody Max from Amazon. I am in the hunt for a Fisher Price BB Grow with me hoop for DD (for her birthday in Jan- want to take advantage of the awesome deals!) who will be 4.

I'd love to get a few little stocking things- like some kid friendly bath stuff (maybe Burt's Bees)

fattytuna
11-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Can I please send you pics of the Legos covering my house? Both of my boys (6 & 3 1/2) love playing with them, but they are such a mess. We have Harry Potter ones mixed with the Star Wars sets. And once you start with them, every relative (ones you didn't even know you had) will buy more sets multiple times of the year ....for all of eternity. You've been warned LOL
Wish I was joking *sigh*.

I think that's why I have resisted the themed sets this whole time. But it's THE MILLENNIUM FALCON!! :)

ETA: got it @TRU today (11/16) - $112.49 (+ $10 TRU GC).

KrisM
11-12-2011, 09:29 PM

Looks like TRU has a 20% off FP toys coupon in tomorrow's ad.

swt2th1
11-12-2011, 10:58 PM
I need a DSlite deal.

Do you have a Fry's Electronics nearby? It is in their newspaper ad that the DS Lite is $79 (for one day only - today?). I think red or blue color at B&M store only:
http://www.frys.com/search?plusearch=5387658%205496909

Ms B
11-12-2011, 11:00 PM
A black Tripp Trapp (missed the Wayfair sale when I was at work) under $199 (and some good deals on the infant set and cushions, too, if that is not too greedy)

An iPod shuffle under $40

The Amazon free holiday song of the day promo (please!!)

A new 22 inch flat screen for the kitchen (good quality at great price)

elbenn
11-12-2011, 11:06 PM
A black Tripp Trapp (missed the Wayfair sale when I was at work) under $199 (and some good deals on the infant set and cushions, too, if that is not too greedy)

An iPod shuffle under $40

The Amazon free holiday song of the day promo (please!!)

A new 22 inch flat screen for the kitchen (good quality at great price)

Amazon is selling the black Tripp Trapp for $199.99 right now.

Daphnecita
11-12-2011, 11:07 PM

I got this for a nephew last Christmas and the cheapest I found was Kohls. It went on sale, plus I used a 30% off code and got it for about $32. I just checked and they are not carrying it online right now but you may want to watch for it there if you have a kohls cc.

mjmamma
11-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Do you have a Fry's Electronics nearby? It is in their newspaper ad that the DS Lite is $79 (for one day only - today?). I think red or blue color at B&M store only:
http://www.frys.com/search?plusearch=5387658%205496909

Oh thank you! I am in MA and have never seen one. I did sign up for them to email me on the off chance that it becomes available for shipping. I need two so this would've been a good deal.

Kymberley
11-13-2011, 12:27 AM
I really wanted a train table when DS was 2.5 yrs old. Then, by age 3, he was able to build his own tracks and wanted to be able to build them all around his room. So, no train table for us, and I am glad I didn't spend money on one. I think they are great if you want to glue a track down so your kid can play with trains, but once they get a little older the real appeal is creating complex track systems rather than pushing a train around the track.

Okay, you guys are making me rethink what I'm waiting for: http://www.amazon.com/Step2-Deluxe-Canyon-Train-Track/dp/B000AM03TQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1V8TS8JQIMIAR&colid=2HWR9FPHLO7J4

This was going to be my "big" gift for DS. Should I just not bother? He will be 2.5 at Christmas, and is just getting into trains and loves cars. He played with the Thomas trains at B&N the other day and loved it. It thought this would be a way to incorporate cars and trains together. No?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-13-2011, 01:26 AM
Tegu blocks. I just love the Tints colors. Missed the Eversave voucher and I've been kicking myself ever since...

I bought a set with a Jasmere voucher. Really cool! Don't forget to check Jasmere.com, too!

wellyes
11-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Okay, you guys are making me rethink what I'm waiting for: http://www.amazon.com/Step2-Deluxe-Canyon-Train-Track/dp/B000AM03TQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1V8TS8JQIMIAR&colid=2HWR9FPHLO7J4

This was going to be my "big" gift for DS. Should I just not bother? He will be 2.5 at Christmas, and is just getting into trains and loves cars. He played with the Thomas trains at B&N the other day and loved it. It thought this would be a way to incorporate cars and trains together. No?
I actually think train tables are AWESOME and a 2.5 year old boy will love it (and get years of play out of it). I especially think train tables are necessary if a younger sibling may be coming since babies are Godzilla when it comes to trains on the floor.

But. I happened to have an earlier version of that Step2 track and don't love it. It is a built-in track that also has plastic pieces you pop in. Lose one of those pieces, the whole thing is useless. They don't fit perfect in the first place. The train that comes with it is super cheap and broke right away, which wouldn't matter (we have so many trains and cars) but it is the one the kids love since it is motorized. And, of course, for older kids it's not great because it can't be customized or changed.

Having said that, I got mine on sale for under $50 & it was a nice wow-factor Christmas gift.

Kymberley
11-13-2011, 04:50 PM
I actually think train tables are AWESOME and a 2.5 year old boy will love it (and get years of play out of it). I especially think train tables are necessary if a younger sibling may be coming since babies are Godzilla when it comes to trains on the floor.

But. I happened to have an earlier version of that Step2 track and don't love it. It is a built-in track that also has plastic pieces you pop in. Lose one of those pieces, the whole thing is useless. They don't fit perfect in the first place. The train that comes with it is super cheap and broke right away, which wouldn't matter (we have so many trains and cars) but it is the one the kids love since it is motorized. And, of course, for older kids it's not great because it can't be customized or changed.

Having said that, I got mine on sale for under $50 & it was a nice wow-factor Christmas gift.

Very helpful, thank you! I've been looking at pics of the table, and I'm not impressed, to be honest. I think I got taken by all of the glowing reviews. *sigh*

If anyone sees a good train table for a great price, please post it for me! :D

chozen
11-13-2011, 04:58 PM
got my gifts...... magnatiles from discount school supply in July or Aug (I was shopping ahead) and just rec'd a Rody Max from Amazon. I am in the hunt for a Fisher Price BB Grow with me hoop for DD (for her birthday in Jan- want to take advantage of the awesome deals!) who will be 4.

I'd love to get a few little stocking things- like some kid friendly bath stuff (maybe Burt's Bees)

i think this is in tru black friday ad for $39.99.

mommy111
11-13-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm done with kids stuff. Would love a hair dryer and a deep fryer.

amoonmama
11-13-2011, 08:31 PM
If you get a "train table", I'd highly recommend one that is generic (i.e. not a train theme). We have a play table, similar to pottery barn with the two drawers underneath. Used it for trains some (I agree, works best on floor!), but recently my 8 year old has turned his table and drawers into his lego center. It has had many incarnations over the years and highly recommend one!

kristac
11-13-2011, 08:53 PM
i think this is in tru black friday ad for $39.99.

The Grow to Pro Hoop is in this weeks TRU ad for 39.99 (after 20% off in ad coupon)

Hippoharbor
11-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Very helpful, thank you! I've been looking at pics of the table, and I'm not impressed, to be honest. I think I got taken by all of the glowing reviews. *sigh*

If anyone sees a good train table for a great price, please post it for me! :D

Would you consider finding a gently used train table on craigslist. I have seen some decent deals in my area. I have always been very happy with having our train table. I got the Nilo table for DS when he was one. After he graduated from trains at a fairly early age, ~3, we have since used it as lego play table.

Tondi G
11-13-2011, 11:36 PM
Naartjie!

I have been STALKING them for a month because I want a couple of kid essential pants. Normally $15, have been as low as $9...They were $11 each when I added them to my cart in October, plus $5 shipping (total $27).

Now, they have 25% off the whole site, but have jacked up the prices on everything.

Grrr.

I was just over on the website and they had the cords for $11.29

urquie
11-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Thanks!

I actually registered for camel,camel, camel, but for some reason it has never let me log in! I even tried saying I forgot my password and creating a new one and it still wouldnt let me log in!

i had the exact same problem when i first signed up. i emailed them and was contacted right away. not sure what the problem was, but they reset the password for me and it worked perfectly.

Kymberley
11-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Would you consider finding a gently used train table on craigslist. I have seen some decent deals in my area. I have always been very happy with having our train table. I got the Nilo table for DS when he was one. After he graduated from trains at a fairly early age, ~3, we have since used it as lego play table.

That's a great idea, I'll look around on Craigslist. Thanks! :D

California
11-14-2011, 01:29 AM
We bought a really nice train table on CL and later sold it on CL for the same amount! For something kids outgrow used is a lovely way to go!

kellij
11-14-2011, 02:23 AM
That's a great idea, I'll look around on Craigslist. Thanks! :D

They have one at Tuesday morning. I think it's going to be on extra sale on Black Friday.

abh5e8
11-14-2011, 02:58 AM
Naartjie!

Grrr.

are the cords a thick material or more thin? i'm considering some for my boys...they are cute!

citymama
11-14-2011, 03:24 AM
Train tracks as well! Although I am inclined to buy those used if possible.

I'm in the market for a balance bike for DD2, so hoping for a great deal on Striders or whatever's recommended these days. I'd better start a new thread on that topic!

Jo..
11-14-2011, 07:57 AM
are the cords a thick material or more thin? i'm considering some for my boys...they are cute!

They are thin. Of course now the essentials Jeans are sold out in the bigger sizes. No Narrtjie order for me. :(

sewarsh
11-14-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm looking for a deal on Kids Sonicare toothbrushes. Pretty exciting!! :)

Jo..
11-14-2011, 12:52 PM

They are thin. Of course now the essentials Jeans are sold out in the bigger sizes. No Narrtjie order for me. :(

I just called the nearest store and they had the jeans in stock, so I ordered two pairs (in size 5 and size 6).

I also got two pairs of cords to match a couple of Boden tops that Adam already has. Boden is so expensive that I try buy just the tops and match bottoms elsewhere if possible. I got FOUR pairs of Naartjie pants for what I would have spent on one pair of Boden bottoms.

I got two pairs of cords to match these Boden tops:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/joellenh/boden-3.jpg

Forgive the pics above, I pulled them off Ebay...My shirts aren't that wrinkled.:rotflmao:

I also got two pairs of these jeans (they are great)http://www.naartjiekids.com/files/product_images/d25e2b706ebada71c62b410c6b6468f9-25-346x388.jpg

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-14-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm looking for a deal on Kids Sonicare toothbrushes. Pretty exciting!! :)

Do you have any friends that work at a dental office? They get the hook up!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-14-2011, 02:22 PM
If you get a "train table", I'd highly recommend one that is generic (i.e. not a train theme). We have a play table, similar to pottery barn with the two drawers underneath. Used it for trains some (I agree, works best on floor!), but recently my 8 year old has turned his table and drawers into his lego center. It has had many incarnations over the years and highly recommend one!

:yeahthat: We have a Little Colorado, made in the good ole' USA that we love. We try to buy real wood an American when we can. 1/2 is for a dollhouse (it sits on green felt, AKA grass), 1/2 is for Legos, Tego, Grimm's Spiel, etc.

sewarsh
11-14-2011, 04:02 PM
oh, and i'm also looking for a deal on a metal Lionel train o-gauge.

sewarsh
11-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Do you have any friends that work at a dental office? They get the hook up!

Ummm....my FIL is a dentist!! i just emailed my MIL to see if they can get them cheaper. DUH! what is wrong with me? totally forgot that hookup. thanks, i'll let you know.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Ummm....my FIL is a dentist!! i just emailed my MIL to see if they can get them cheaper. DUH! what is wrong with me? totally forgot that hookup. thanks, i'll let you know.

I got in on the Target double coupon deal last year? Then my neighbor who is a Hygienist asked how much I pad, fortunately it was about the same. She said if we need another she will get us one! It's one of those things you just don't think of until someone else mentions it!