PDA

View Full Version : inappropriate?

hillview
11-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Is it ok for my 3 year old niece to run around naked with DS1 (6) and DS2 (4)? My kids wear at least unders in the house... thoughts? sister and BIL seem ok with it.
/hillary

ZeeBaby
11-11-2011, 11:56 AM
My 3 year old will streak through the house during bath time. I don't make a huge deal about it, but I guess I will stop it in a few years.

cvanbrunt
11-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Wouldn't bother me.

mum-to-be
11-11-2011, 11:58 AM
There is a lot of streaking in this house. I think it is natural and will stop in it's own time. DS doesn't streak as much these days but he is comfortable being naked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roseyloxs
11-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Nope. They are all still young enough. Haven't quite pinned down that age when its not but at 3, 4, and 6 I wouldn't be bothered in a private setting. I have seen Europeans let their kids run around in the fountains half naked. That felt inappropriate but it was France so I guess its cool there.

Ceepa
11-11-2011, 12:07 PM
If your sons are uncomfortable I think you could mention that to your sister, otherwise, it wouldn't bother me.

KpbS
11-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Well for school age kids and up I'd have them at least wear their undies to run around. That is just my preference. Kindergarten is usually when kids get more self-conscious about underwear (it's SO embarrassing to be seen naked/ in undies) ;) It is a part of normal development to want to be modest.

wellyes
11-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Wouldn't bother me.
ETA: if the roles were reversed, I'd expect the six year old to wear undies.

crl
11-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Naked three year in front of family? Appropriate. Now I make my kids wear diapers or undies at least, but not because of concern about nudity--just a weird germaphobe quirk of mine.

Catherine

hellokitty
11-11-2011, 12:20 PM
If your sons are uncomfortable I think you could mention that to your sister, otherwise, it wouldn't bother me.

:yeahthat:

JBaxter
11-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Jack is naked half the time if non family show up I try to catch him and put on inders but it depends on who it is. If its her house I can totally see letting her run naked

AnnieW625
11-11-2011, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as it was just family or cousins. I wouldn't be okay with it if it was out in front of the house though. I'd also prefer that the child was potty trained ( naked potty training wasn't something I aspired to do).

elektra
11-11-2011, 01:24 PM
As long as they don't sit on my couch!

But you are saying they all have unders on? That is "semi-clothed" in my book. :) Nothing wrong with that.

luckytwenty
11-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Three is OK, if the parents think it's cool. I'm always telling my almost-6-year-old and 8 1/2 year old to stop streaking, though! I guess there's a certain age where it becomes a problem!

hillview
11-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Sorry to be clear my boys are clothed. It is my 3 year old niece who was totally naked (she has clothes on now). I was more wondering if it is appropriate for MY 6 year old son. I have no issue with a 3 year old being naked per se (my DS was often naked at that age) more of at what age do you start to keep genders clothed in front of other kids. Not sure if that makes sense. Thanks all I didn't say anything and she eventually got dressed. As a mom of boys a naked girl was new to me :)

I am occasionally naked in front of them in the getting dressed sort of way but I try to minimize that with DS1 as he has started to notice girl parts more and more and I feel like it is time to be more modest.

JBaxter
11-11-2011, 02:01 PM
No I don't think its an issue to be naked in front of a 6 yr old at all.

hillview
11-11-2011, 02:12 PM
No I don't think its an issue to be naked in front of a 6 yr old at all.

Thanks. I oddly seem a little lost on this issue.

Melaine
11-11-2011, 02:16 PM
I don't know....not sure I would be comfortable. I certainly don't think it's WRONG or even inappropriate, just not my preference. Around immediate family, yes, but I don't really think of cousins as the same....more like friends. We aren't very close to our cousins, though.

Raidra
11-11-2011, 02:53 PM
If the kids and parents are okay with it, I think it's fine. My 8 and 6 year old boys frequently wear just underwear, and my 3 year old daughter spends at least half the time either fully naked or just in underwear. She sees her older brothers naked all the time.. while they're peeing, changing, or showering. Nobody seems to mind, and it doesn't bother me or my husband.

lovebebes
11-11-2011, 02:57 PM
I don't know....not sure I would be comfortable. I certainly don't think it's WRONG or even inappropriate, just not my preference.
:yeahthat:

JBaxter
11-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks. I oddly seem a little lost on this issue.
We are pretty open here I openly breast fed in front of my teens. I think they showered with me even past age 6. Body parts especially of kids are just that body parts nothing to shy away from or snicker at. With my boys they kind of self proclaimed if they were uncomfortable being naked but never questioned another kid running naked.
I never made an issue of it.

ged
11-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Nope. They are all still young enough. Haven't quite pinned down that age when its not but at 3, 4, and 6 I wouldn't be bothered in a private setting. I have seen Europeans let their kids run around in the fountains half naked. That felt inappropriate but it was France so I guess its cool there.

You will also see them running around naked in Germany too, if you haven't already. Older kids (older than 7 or 8), too!

Melanie
11-11-2011, 04:26 PM
It wouldn't bother me indoors/private yard with family/close friends at that age, though we never did it.

vludmilla
11-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Wouldn't bother me.

:yeahthat: Not a problem, IMO.