PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Black Friday shopper are you?

BabyBearsMom
11-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Title says it all. Poll to follow.

I am a non-black friday shopper except for maybe on-line. The thought of the crowds etc. just freaks me out. But sometimes I am tempted.

brittone2
11-11-2011, 02:30 PM

I am a non-black friday shopper except for maybe on-line. The thought of the crowds etc. just freaks me out. But sometimes I am tempted.
I'd describe myself exactly the same way. Most years the things that would tempt me to go out on Black Friday are usually available online, or I find a better quality item (better brand) on sale online.

lhafer
11-11-2011, 03:11 PM
You forgot the "Forget Black Friday shopping! I'm a Cyber Monday shopper all the way!"...which describes me. :)

BabyBearsMom
11-11-2011, 03:14 PM
You forgot the "Forget Black Friday shopping! I'm a Cyber Monday shopper all the way!"...which describes me. :)

You are right. I also should have put in an "other" choice.

lele
11-11-2011, 03:16 PM
online only. I have no desire to be out there with all the crazies:rotflmao:

LMPC
11-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I do a lot of online shopping but also like to hit the stores...not crazy early but sometime that day.

Mommy_Mea
11-11-2011, 03:22 PM
I never intend to go shopping on Black Friday, I am just not tempted by the deals. But when we go to my parent's house for T-day, we always end up wandering out to the outlets in the afternoon on Friday. They usually have some great deals!

Jo..
11-11-2011, 03:24 PM
I am an ambitious shopper who will do almost anything to save a buck.

However, I REFUSE to brave the BF crowds. I stay at home and snuggle and rest and eat.

I can almost always find better deals throughout the year just by keeping an eye out.

khalloc
11-11-2011, 04:41 PM
I try not to go to stores on black friday. I would casually, but not to get some crazy deal that will have me waiting in line for something.

I will shop online, but I wont be up at midnight doing it either.

icunurse
11-11-2011, 05:41 PM
I have evolved over the years. 7-8 years ago, I could go to the local Kohl's and be met with 50 shoppers at door opening. Now the line goes around the store. Plus we now have a Walmart and Target, both of which get crazy, too. A few years ago, I went to Target a few minutes after door opening and just wandered, found a few things, done. But I have realized that especially in the weeks before Thanksgiving, you can get pretty good deals on a lot of non-electronic stuff. At Kohl's, you can hit a sale, add in a % off coupon, and you are close if not the same for a good amount of their BF deals. Now with a lot of stores opening at midnight, I don't think I will be able to stay up that late :)

hillview
11-11-2011, 06:06 PM

I usually do something online. I always think about going to the mob but with kids etc not happening.
/hillary

kijip
11-11-2011, 07:52 PM
This sums up my approach to Black Friday (except for the year I saved my work a ton of cash in diapers by buying them first thing at BRU, not personal shopping though!)

http://www.buynothingday.org/

candaceb
11-11-2011, 07:55 PM
The last two years, there has been one item that I really wanted at Target. Instead of dealing with the mob scene early in the day, I bought the item earlier in the week, and then went in later in the day on Black Friday to get a price adjustment. I'll do the same thing this year if there's something I really want.

♥ms.pacman♥
11-11-2011, 08:22 PM
since having kids, i don't wait in line outside in stores anymore. the time/energy required is SO not worth the time, at ALL. plus, with 2 kids and now BFing i don't think i could stand in line for more than 30 mins before having to pee (LOL).

also, i have no desire to be around extremely rude, obnoxious and greedy people, which these sort of door-buster events seem to attract...plus these events tends out to bring out the worst in people (i admit, i'd be in a pissy mood too if i waited in line for hours in the freezing cold yet didn't get what i wanted). i'm always reminded of that incident a few years ago where that security guard at Walmart was literally trampled to death, because people were just so eager to get in the store and get a deal on a laptop or television. :thumbsdown: so senseless. it's just money in the end. not worth it.

i remember as a teen, black friday shopping used to be fun and my mom and i would wake up early and get to department stores around 7am. but now it seems like the promotions starts earlier and earlier and it just seems to get more insane every year.

MommyAllison
11-11-2011, 09:38 PM
I voted "shop online" but not every year. Being in a west coast time zone is nice, since the online deals usually start at 9pm our time! I have zero desire to go shopping in store on BF.

maybeebaby08
11-11-2011, 10:15 PM
I love BF, I go at midnight and shop all night! DH & I have a tradition that we go every year start at the outlets and make our rounds to the stores. We have a lot of fun,even with the crazy shoppers! We find some reallly good deals so I think its worth it, plus its good time together.

wencit
11-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I can't stay awake until midnight, when a lot of stores seem to be opening, but since the kids are up early anyways (well, early for "normal people" standard, not early for "devoted BF shoppers"!), I will sometimes hit the outlets first thing in the morning. I don't bother going anywhere after, say, 11AM, because then the rest of the world is awake, and I loathe fighting with other people for parking spots at shopping areas on days like BF.