PDA

View Full Version : Question about kitchen from CP Toys

Nicsmom
11-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Has anyone bought from CP Toys?
I have never ordered from them and I can't find any reviews. Anyone has had a good/bad experience with them?

I am looking at the play kitchen for DS2. Does anyone has it, and if so, is it good quality and easy to assemble?

http://www.cptoy.com/cgi-bin/pf.sh/2.0/product.htm?pf_id=SNG-963L&mr:trackingCode=E59948F7-19A7-E011-8B03-0019B9C2BEFD&mr:referralID=NA

Thanks for your help!

LMPC
11-11-2011, 03:23 PM
A bunch of us ordered from Constructive Playthings a month or so back during their crazy sale, so you might get mixed reviews about them. Personally, I think they were not ready for the barrage of orders they got and mishandled some aspects of filling orders. Having said that, I think that just ordering at a normal time would be fine. The things that I did receive from them were all good quality.

AuGoldie
11-11-2011, 03:56 PM
I also ordered during their clearance sale and was happy with all the products I received. They handled my order correctly and charged me correctly as well. They even waived my shipping costs as a courtesy just by asking. They seem to have nice quality items although some of the original prices seem to be a bit bloated, not sure that I would buy from them if it weren't on sale. hmm

larig
11-11-2011, 07:01 PM
I just discovered their catalog, and I'd stay it looks like it's preschool-quality stuff. Many of the toys in there I recognized from our coop preschool--they take a beating there.

rmrusso
11-11-2011, 09:01 PM
I bought the 5 in 1 kitchen from them last year and my son loves it. That kitchen is solid wood and very durable: that's why I bought it. We are really happy with it b/c it is used ALL the time and has only had minor issues - a handle falling off.

Check the web to see if there are any other reviews on the item. I saw a review last year about the kitchen on a different site that helped me feel secure about the purchase. I hope this helps.

Nicsmom
11-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks everyone for their comments. It looks like this kitchen is new and they don't mention the name of the manufacturer on their website. I have not found it anywhere else.

I think I'm going to get it. Thanks again!

ahisma
11-11-2011, 11:00 PM
I was very impressed with the quality of the wood items I got from them. Not so much with fabric stuff, but the wood was all high quality...much of it from European manufacturers.

AuGoldie
11-11-2011, 11:14 PM
That kitchen is Kidkraft, someone posted a link to the pink version in the Tuesday Morning thread. Apparently they have the pink version at Tuesday Morning for less than $20. Awesome deal!

veronica
11-12-2011, 08:41 AM
I ordered during the sale as well. I find the quality to be comparable to items I would find at marshalls/tj maxx. Most is average, some is a bit better than average, some is worse. their cs was quite pleasant during the sale issues, but I don't know that I'd actively order from there again, because I think most of the stuff can be found elsewhere.