PDA

View Full Version : Fisher-Price iXL or LeapPad for 3yr old??

rmhefner
11-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Am trying to decide if the FP iXL or LeapPad would be better for my 3yr old DD. She will turn 3 right b4 christmas & worry that the LeapPad would be too advanced for her at this time since it's rec'd for 4&up??? Also, what can I expect the lowest price to be on them b4 christmas?? Thanks!

nellonello
11-11-2011, 06:54 PM
We have both. The iXL I think was good to introduce here to electronics and she still plays with it some though I find the games all tend to be the same. I do think though the LeapPad will last her a lot longer. There are also a lot more games for the LeapPad than the iXL.

Not sure on prices. I got in on the BN 40% off LeapPad deal (so around $64) but I don't expect to see another of those sales soon. iXL recently was on sale as well on Amazon for $36.

sarrahanne
11-11-2011, 07:24 PM
My son loves his Leap Pad. (I got mine at the B&N coupon deal as well.) He will be 3 in January. He already knows how to navigate around by himself. He does spend a good deal of time on the silly pet game (feeding, washing your pet), but he also likes trying to trace his letters. It's still quite challenging and frustrating for him at times, but he totally "gets it" and knows how to use it.

It eats batteries though if you let your child play with at will (ours was dead in two days) so get the ac adapter or rechargeable batteries.