PDA

View Full Version : S/O: Do you flirt?

AshleyAnn
11-12-2011, 12:33 AM
The hot mom discussion got me wondering do you flirt? Just in general

kijip
11-12-2011, 12:39 AM
With my husband.

Not really with anyone else except as an obvious joke with a girlfriend or close friend. (ie, "you are looking so hawt tonight sweetie"...to a female friend and vice versa).

When I found myself flirting with someone else, and them flirting with me, I immediately figured out how to be around them less and focus on their annoying traits until the attraction passed. :hysterical: That was honestly the only time I have been attracted to someone besides my spouse since we got together. My marriage has lasted nearly 10 years thus far and we have been together for 12 and friends for 14. I have too much vested in this marriage to flirt with others.

SnuggleBuggles
11-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Husband only.

Beth

crl
11-12-2011, 12:47 AM
I am not much of a flirt to start with. I guess I do flirt with dh some, but not very well. :hysterical: Fortunately he seems to find this amusing rather than pathetic.

Catherine

elektra
11-12-2011, 12:48 AM
I have asked myself a few times, "if DH were standing right here, would I still be saying these same things, acting this same way?" and if the answer is no, then it's time to nip that in the bud and end the conversation/leave, etc.

I think flirting in and of itself is harmless. But it can be a slippery slope so I try to avoid that kind of situation. That's probably a little extreme but I like to have a clean conscience.

And since I have been married I can't think of a single time where i have even had a "no" answer to my little, "if DH were here..."question. But I just really do not get out much and I do not get approached my men or women who want to flirt.

wencit
11-12-2011, 01:00 AM
No. I don't have the slightest interest in going there. I would be bothered if DH flirted with other women if I wasn't around. I don't think it's a healthy thing for a marriage, so I never do it.

citymama
11-12-2011, 01:02 AM
No, and I find it completely immature and inappropriate when married men try to do so, even if it's intended to be harmless.

Eta and I'm not a prude! I just don't go there and don't have much patience for it.

lalasmama
11-12-2011, 01:06 AM
I'm fully single now... and per my (female) coworker, I need to learn how to flirt more/better, because there's a guy at work I'm sort of crushing on. But it's hard to flirt when my supervising doctor is the crush's mentor. I mean, I can only come up with so many things to interupt them about, ya know? And scrubs don't really conjure up the "naughty nurse" image. It's not like I can lean into him more and casually touch his arm when we always have patients around!

Crap, do I need lessons in how to flirt when you have a crush on a med student???

hellokitty
11-12-2011, 08:49 AM
I don't flirt with other guys, only my husband. However, I also am not around men that often since I am a sahm, I'm no longer in a workplace environment. It's funny that though, b/c some ppl have different definitions of what, "flirting" is. For example, a few yrs ago, I was grocery shopping (DH watched the kids at home) and some guy didn't know how to pick out a ripe melon. So, I was picking one out and he asked me for some tips. I happened to mention this to my DH when I got home and he said that he guy was flirting with me?!?! I did not see it that way at all. I just thought he needed helping figuring out how to choose produce. On the flip side, my DH is VERY friendly with just about anyone, and it could probably be interpreted by some that he is flirting with some of his female co-workers. However, since I know that this is part of his personality, I don't consider it flirting, but ppl who don't know him well, might assume he was flirting.

I do admit though that I tend to be slow about catching on that someone is flirting with me. I realized looking back to my younger yrs that there were many times that someone was flirting with me and I just did not realize it at all, lol.

Melaine
11-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Nope not anymore. I'm married.

elliput
11-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Yes, however, only with close friends who know that it is meant completely innocently.

JTsMom
11-12-2011, 09:21 AM
No, I wouldn't want to chance hurting DH's feelings, even if it was innocent. I would be hurt if I saw him flirting with some other woman

BeachBum
11-12-2011, 09:41 AM
I think it's really different flirting with someone you know (say a co-worker), verses the clerk at the sporting goods store that you will never see again.
The first can be dangerous, and the second I see as totally harmless.

Indianamom2
11-12-2011, 09:44 AM
I am not much of a flirt to start with. I guess I do flirt with dh some, but not very well. :hysterical: Fortunately he seems to find this amusing rather than pathetic.

Catherine

:yeahthat:

DietCokeLover
11-12-2011, 09:47 AM
No. I never was much of one and definitely not now that I am married.

lmwbasye
11-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Only with DH.

pinkmomagain
11-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Nope. Never really did.

lhafer
11-12-2011, 10:08 AM
With my husband.

Not really with anyone else except as an obvious joke with a girlfriend or close friend. (ie, "you are looking so hawt tonight sweetie"...to a female friend and vice versa).

When I found myself flirting with someone else, and them flirting with me, I immediately figured out how to be around them less and focus on their annoying traits until the attraction passed. :hysterical: That was honestly the only time I have been attracted to someone besides my spouse since we got together. My marriage has lasted nearly 10 years thus far and we have been together for 12 and friends for 14. I have too much vested in this marriage to flirt with others.

:yeahthat: Pretty much the same situation for me as well. Except in my instance it happened before we were married.

And our marriage has lasted 14 years, and we've been together for 17 years.

daisymommy
11-12-2011, 01:05 PM
No. I don't have the slightest interest in going there. I would be bothered if DH flirted with other women if I wasn't around. I don't think it's a healthy thing for a marriage, so I never do it.

:yeahthat::yeahthat: It's just plain disrespectful to your spouse.

But after 15 years of marriage, there's some pretty hot flirting that still goes in on our house ;) That's all I need!

g-mama
11-12-2011, 01:41 PM
With other men? No. I'm married.

I would find it disrespectful to my husband and would feel very disrespected if he did it to me, which he never has. At least not in my presence, but I don't imagine he does when I'm not there either.

One time I was waiting for my oldest ds at his basketball practice and some dad was flirting with me. I was uncomfortable. My ds came to me at a water break and said, "Mom, can you please move away from that guy? He seems to like you and it's creeping me out." :rotflmao:

khalloc
11-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Sure. I flirt innocently.

sweetsue98
11-12-2011, 02:02 PM
No. I don't think I know how to flirt.......seriously!

Jo..
11-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Never ever ever not in a million years.

mackmama
11-12-2011, 02:48 PM
No, and I find it completely immature and inappropriate when married men try to do so, even if it's intended to be harmless.

Eta and I'm not a prude! I just don't go there and don't have much patience for it.

:yeahthat: I do not flirt. Dh does not flirt either.

crayonblue
11-12-2011, 05:30 PM
With other men? No. I'm married.

I would find it disrespectful to my husband and would feel very disrespected if he did it to me, which he never has. At least not in my presence, but I don't imagine he does when I'm not there either.

One time I was waiting for my oldest ds at his basketball practice and some dad was flirting with me. I was uncomfortable. My ds came to me at a water break and said, "Mom, can you please move away from that guy? He seems to like you and it's creeping me out." :rotflmao:

I agree. And ha, ha about what your son said! I think that is awesome. He obviously knows what should not be going on.

american_mama
11-12-2011, 09:17 PM
I have little opportunity to flirt. I think I would a little, as in the previous poster's example of flirting with a stranger or clerk who you will never see again. I'm not a very secure flirt. DH is by nature a mild, very mild, flirt. It's nice-guy flirting, not sexual flirting, and I've seen woman eat it up for all of the 10 seconds it lasts. A famous line in our household is that (pre-marriage) his mother used to send him to get takeout chicken because the clerk would invariably flirt with DH (or vice versa) and he'd get an extra piece.

Mild flirting in my marriage is not something that bothers me greatly.

kozachka
11-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Yes, innocently, but never with co-workers or in a professional environment. I don't see any harm in it, but then again I was 8 the first time I was accused of flirting, I did not even know what the word meant, so it comes naturally to me :loveeyes:.

KLD313
11-12-2011, 11:48 PM
I think I come off as a flirt because of my personality, I've always been this way. My ex-husband and current BF say I'm a flirt but I dont do it with the intention of trying to attract someone.

momm
11-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Nahh.. it would never occur to me to flirt.

If I found some guy hot I would probably just tell DH how hot he is. lol. And stay away.

I don't care when others do it either. I do the same thing - tell DH and tell him how creepy it made me feel - on the scale of eeks to just awkward.