PDA

View Full Version : Does Playmobil fit Calico Critters?

mommyapb
11-12-2011, 12:50 AM
I am thinking about getting DD & DS a few playmobil pieces (recycling truck, school bus) and possibly the school set. I just wondered if the zillions of calico critters we have are similar scale to the playmobil figures. It would be great if the critters could also attend school.

TIA

Amelia

DD 3/06
DS 3/09
DC due 3/12

Seitvonzu
11-12-2011, 04:19 PM
we have lots of calico critters and tons of playmobil.

i actually bought the playmobil church because a) my child LOVES churches and b) i thought the calico critters would/could attend "services" there.

while it "works" they are CERTAINLY not the same scale-- the calico critters are much bigger. i thought that a few critters could sit in each pew-- NO-- maybe 2 or one of the bigger ones. this makes for very small congregations!!! however-- playmobil figures could very easily live in the critter world (if that makes sense)

mommyapb
11-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Thank you so much for the response. We have quite a few calico critters/sylvanian families (were mine back in the day) and was hoping to use playmobil accessories for them. My kids mainly play with the kids/babies not the adults so the scaler is smaller. WOuld they fit in the playmobil school bus or on any of the chairs?

I appreciate all the help!!!

Amelia

Seitvonzu
11-12-2011, 08:40 PM
if the babies are the "twin" size, you might have more luck with them fitting in more things....also probably the standing babies (with the moveable limbs) would work okay... also, somethings would work better than others. the "chairs" in the church are pew/bench style-- so you could fit a couple babies... "kid" size might more of a stretch (the ones that come with the families. i'm thinking about our take along doll house, and i'm thinking that would only really work with the babies size-- playmobil people are REALLYREALLY small!!!

so i got curious and just went up to the playroom and brought 5 kids/babies down to see how they'd work with the take-along dollhouse--brother hedgehog, brother bear, a sitting kitty baby, a crawling cow baby, and a bunny baby with moveable limbs. the moveable limb baby, sitting baby and the crawling baby work pretty well with all the furniture-- they could be in either the adult/child bed, use the chairs, work with the cradle, etc. the two "kids" could lay in the adult beds and even convincing be covered with the plastic blanket (not completely) they could lay in the kid bed but look a little too big for it. they could sit in the rocking chair, but the scale is definitely off to my adult eye (but it wasn't hard to put them in it or anything...they just seem big.) the kids have to be placed pretty carefully on the kitchen chairs to not fall off (they are pretty big in comparison)

i just tried the "kids" in the playmobil firetruck we have and 2 of those fit just fine (you have to take the roof off to get them in, but you have to do that for the playmobil characters too) -- for comparison, it only fits 2playmobil characters too.

i hope that helps. all that said-- they looked really cute in the house mixed in with the playmobil people. we use a playmobil santa in our calico house when we decorate it for christmas (and a calico santa)-- we're actually using the playmobil elf in there this year as "elf on the shelf" ;)

Seitvonzu
11-12-2011, 08:49 PM
i just read your post again and noticed the question about "school"-- :) i've often looked at the playmobil school and think it would be fun with the critters if the size worked-- i've especially looked at the music class with instruments so that the critters could have the instruments!

have you seen the little woodzeez stuff at target? it's not as detailed as calico critters or playmobil but it does have a school that would probably work better for the CC and the price is MUCH lower than playmobil:
http://www.target.com/p/Li-l-Woodzeez-Honeysuckle-Hollow-School-House/-/A-13528663
and here are furnishings/playground equiptment:
http://www.target.com/p/Li-l-Woodzeez-Classroon-Playground-Set/-/A-13528659

again, maybe not what you are looking for but they have a general store and a bakery:
http://www.target.com/p/Li-l-Woodzeez-Honeysuckle-Hollow-General-Store/-/A-13528662
http://www.target.com/p/Li-l-Woodzeez-Tickle-Your-Taste-Buds-Bakery/-/A-13528661

lil woodzeez has a website for better pictures:
http://www.woodzeez.com/houses.html

as you can see- i love this stuff ;)

mommyapb
11-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Thank you so much for the "test run". I am going to have to check out the woodzeez website because some of that furniture might work well too. I'm just concerned that it is too girly & I want to make the set as gender neutral as possible. Plus I feel like playmobil might have a longer "play life span". But I saw in another post that Homegoods is stocked with calico critter stuff so I'll have to check that out especially if the price is right.

Seitvonzu
11-13-2011, 10:26 AM
our homegoods only had the nurse/mouse/wheelchair, the cleaning set (fun! gender neutral for sure :)) and the stable (which now after looking online i might go back and snag-- pricey!)

the prices were sure good though-- half price :)

i didn't think so much about the woodzeez stuff being "girly" but it is rather clunky compared to calico critters...the critters themselves seem HUGE in comparison. i just have a girl, so maybe that's why it didn't bother me ;) the general store is definitely less girly than the pinkypink bakery. i just really liked that it had so many pieces and that the school furniture came with a graduation outfit :)