PDA

View Full Version : Great Prices on M&D Toys @ Bloomindales with Free Shipping

Melbel
11-12-2011, 04:38 PM
On Slickdeals, so they will not last

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/62338/bloomingdales-melissa-doug-toys-band-in-a-box-5.50-pizza-party-6-chomp-clack-alligator-push-toy-26.50-cutting-food-box

Ebates at 6%

save an extra 20% off sale prices with code FANDF. Shipping is free with code FREESHIP11.

Prices after discount
Melissa & Doug Band-in-a-Box $5.40
Melissa & Doug Pizza Party $6.30
Melissa & Doug Chomp & Clack Alligator Push Toy $26.40
Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box $7
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/search/results.ognc?Action=sortOptionButton&pageid=1&startpos=1&Keyword=melissa+%26+doug&cKey=1&sortOption=Sale+Price+Ascending&resultsPerPage=24

nrp
11-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks! I ordered 3 of the Band in a Box and 2 Pizza Parties - for the gift closet and our church Christmas toy drive. Total was $28.80 shipped!

iaam
11-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Awesome - thanks for the heads up - got some for gifts.

mom2beofboy/girltwins
11-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Me too. Got some for my kids and gifts. Thank you!

JTsMom
11-12-2011, 05:06 PM
The food and band have been huge hits here. The workbench is adorable!
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/melissa-doug-wooden-project-workbench?ID=497833&CategoryID=19375&LinkType=#fn=spp%3D47%26ppp%3D96%26sp%3D2%26rid%3D 52
$60, down from $100. Looks like Amazon has it for $70. I haven't seen anything similar to it- usually this stuff is hideously ugly plastic.

Smillow
11-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Wow! Great deal - I'm in for one Pizza Party! Thanks for posting:)

corrie23
11-12-2011, 05:24 PM
So glad I popped in here just now. Snagged some great deals. Thanks OP. The gift closet will be filled and my son will have a fun workbench tucked away for a birthday to come.

brittone2
11-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Thanks OP. I picked one up for a gift and one for Toys for Tots.

wellyes
11-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks! I got the pizza party and the cupcake set. Nice gift closet stuff.

wifecat
11-12-2011, 06:22 PM
I ordered 4 of the band in a box sets - what a fantastic gift! I noticed these ship direct from the manufacturer - wonder if this is another screwup like last week/JCP or if it will go through!

madsmama
11-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Thank you! I picked up 4 band in a box sets, 1 pizza party and 1 food cutting set for DD and the gift closet.

rolypoly27
11-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks OP! Just picked up a bunch for us and the gift closet. Great deals!

kissmekate
11-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks OP! I don't really need anything for the gift closet, so I just bought one band in a box for my dd.

savvymom
11-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks so much - great find! Perfect for the gift closet!

fattytuna
11-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Thank you so much! Just in time for Toys for Tots!

JanBaby
11-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks OP! In for two band in a box and a pizza party. Awesome deals.

Maggie'sMom
11-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Thanks for sharing. Picked up a pizza party to go with DD's my first kenmore stove I picked up earlier during the big Kmart clearance for $2.99.

kristal
11-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Thanks OP!
Ordered a pizza set and the 'band in a box'. The 'band in a box' gets mixed reviews on Amazon stating poor quality. But couldn't pass it up at this price. Hopefully, we can return it to a store, if we aren't happy with it.

bostonsmama
11-13-2011, 08:57 AM
got the pizza party and cutting food. always impressed w/ M&D Thanks!!

mominma
11-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks OP, I also got a band and a box and the pizza.

I even got a few Alex craft kits that my kids saw earlier in the day. They were cheaper at Bloomingdales by a few dollars and with the 20% off made for even a better deal.

katydid1971
11-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Cutting Food is one DD's all time favorite toys. I got 2 for Toys for Tots plus a pizza for T4Ts and DD and a cupcakes for DD.
These are AWESOME deals!!!

daisyd
11-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Thanks a bunch! DS love musical instruments, so I got the band in a box.

Kira's Mommy
11-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks OP!

zukeypur
11-13-2011, 04:34 PM
I can't believe this is still up! Thanks! I was going to order last night and got side tracked and forgot.

jerigirl
11-14-2011, 03:45 PM
codes didn't work for me just now.

wifecat
11-18-2011, 11:04 AM
This seems familiar...charges from Bloomies for M&D stuff, pending, then charged...then removed! I got a shipping notice for one item and nothing for the other 4 items (all bands in a box). No actual charges now. Wonder how this one will play out!

ECMom
11-18-2011, 11:30 AM
This seems familiar...charges from Bloomies for M&D stuff, pending, then charged...then removed! I got a shipping notice for one item and nothing for the other 4 items (all bands in a box). No actual charges now. Wonder how this one will play out!

I ordered the pizza and cupcake set. Both shipped yesterday. :applause:

Melbel
11-18-2011, 11:31 AM
I received a shipping notification for most of my first order (short 1 band in a box) but have not checked charges yet. Hopefully, all will go smoothly. If not, it would be strange that 2 major retailers have issues with M&D orders.

Momit
11-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Got the shipping confirmation for my 2 pizza sets yesterday. Nothing for my second order (band in a box) yet.

I also bought and received the fridge food on sale at Macy's recently, so I am hopeful that it was only JC Penneys to have crazy issues with M&D products.

daisyd
11-18-2011, 12:45 PM
I ordered 2 of the band in a box. I got an email that my order had "Partially shipped". They've shipped just one.

Mommy_Mea
11-18-2011, 01:16 PM
I ordered the workbench, 2 band in a box, 2 food cutting and one push toy. I received the workbench yesterday, and the remaining items all still say scheduled shipment for today. But I haven't received any information about the shipment, so I am assuming it is still pending, and not holding my breath for those...

Update: everything but a lone band in a box shipped today. I have a feeling that remaining item won't ship. Oh well, very happy with all the items I did get!!

brittone2
11-18-2011, 01:41 PM
I received a shipping notice today for 2 boxes of cutting food.

wifecat
11-19-2011, 09:06 AM
I placed one order for 4 band in a boxes, then later ordered 1 more band in a box. The second, single order shipped (whoohoo!) and I got an email today saying the first order is backordered and it "does not have an expected ship date within the next 30 days." I can keep the order and cancel at any time, hoping it will someday ship, or can just cancel.

Not sure...was going to give some for xmas and keep some for the gift closet, but maybe I should just be happy with the one that shipped and give up on the others!

Momit
11-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Just received shipping confirmation for my second order (1band in a box). Yeah!

wellyes
11-19-2011, 05:31 PM
I got notice for both my orders that they're backordered and will not be here within 30 days. I need to call by 12/18 to confirm I still want them, or orders will be cancelled.

Oh well. Still a good gift closet deal.

BabyDahl
11-19-2011, 08:12 PM
I received 1 Band in a Box today and received the same notification for the second one I ordered.

racheldiana
11-20-2011, 07:20 AM
They say they shipped one band in the box, but got an email to confirm Ati still want it as it's a backorder. Wtf

Pyrodjm
11-22-2011, 08:42 AM
I just received notice that one of my band in a box has shipped. The rest have been voided (I ordered 5). I had not yet responded to the email stating whether on not I wanted to wait for the backordered items. IT said I had until the 18th to decide. I''m annoyed that part of my order was simply voided.

Melbel
11-22-2011, 09:07 AM
We received the tool bench yesterday. It was more substantial and nicer than I expected, with plenty of items to build/create. It will make a great gift for my DN for Christmas.

It looks like I will be getting everything other than 1 Band in the Box (ordered 2). Considering the demand for this particular item, it appears as though they limited everyone to 1, which I actually prefer to a reseller buying up all the deals.

daphne
11-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Both of my items have been backordered. :(

I saw the Band in a Box at TJMaxx for $17 & might have to buy it. I had planned to give the one from Bloomingdale's to my nephew for Christmas, but we're exchanging Christmas gifts on Thanksgiving. Do you think I'd be ok to buy the toy from TJMaxx, then return the one that I receive from Bloomingdale's? How unethical is that?

viba424
11-22-2011, 09:48 AM

I saw the Band in a Box at TJMaxx for $17 & might have to buy it. I had planned to give the one from Bloomingdale's to my nephew for Christmas, but we're exchanging Christmas gifts on Thanksgiving. Do you think I'd be ok to buy the toy from TJMaxx, then return the one that I receive from Bloomingdale's? How unethical is that?

Would you want your mom do to that?

wellyes
11-22-2011, 10:03 AM
My items shipped, yay! But - it says I paid $10 for the cupcake set, and I think I remember it was a buck or two cheaper than that. An order confirmation would have been nice.

It is no gain or loss from TJ Maxx's perspective, but I think you might have a hard time returning it without the TJ Maxx sticker.

candaceb
11-22-2011, 10:48 AM
woohoo! my complete order shipped today - 1 band-in-a-box, 2 cutting food sets, and 2 pizzas. I got the backorder notice over the weekend and called to say that I would wait indefinitely.

longamkl
11-22-2011, 11:31 AM
I called to confirm that I would wait indefinitely for my 3 backordered band in the box and I was told that my order had been cancelled and "I'm sorry". Not so impressed right now. I received one band in the box which doesn't work so well with twins.

tofubeast
11-22-2011, 12:02 PM
I got a purchase confirmation at the time of buying my 3 band in a box sets. Then I got 1 email stating partial delivery of 1 item. It showed the other 2 sets as backordered. I never got another email from Bloomies. After seeing this thread just now, I went on their web site and it shows my order (the other 2 sets) as cancelled. I am upset they never emailed me about cancelling it, or offering to let me keep the items on back order or the reasons WHY. I just sent them an email about this. Let's see what response I get.

kamileer
11-22-2011, 01:18 PM
My status says shipped, but I have not receieved anything yet.

tofubeast
11-22-2011, 02:04 PM
I would like to apologize for the cancellation of your Band in a Box
items. Please be assured Customer Service is essential to the success of
our business, and it is always a concern when a customer is dissatisfied
with the level of service we provide. This item was canceled due to the
overselling of this item. A notification will be sent and an
accommodation will be provided for you inconvenience.

That's the email I got...so far.

wifecat
11-22-2011, 02:09 PM
I got the email saying my order was delayed, then no other info, and now my order says cancelled, also without them emailing me. The charge is still pending on my cc. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:thumbsdown:

daphne
11-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Would you want your mom do to that?

What does that mean? It sounds like you might be happy to hear that my order has been cancelled. My devious plot has been foiled.

lisa928
11-22-2011, 02:32 PM
I received one band in the box which doesn't work so well with twins.

I am in the exact same situation. Now it is more of a pain to either return the one I have or find it for a higher price somewhere else.

wifecat
11-22-2011, 02:52 PM
email I got from Bloomies (the typos and poor grammar are all theirs):
"We apologize for your inconvenience. The item, Melissa & Doug Band in a Box, is no longer in stock and that why we had to cancel your order.
This item remained on your website due to a system error causing an oversell. We have canceled the orders of those who purchased this item during the time that the item was no longer available and will be sending out e-mails explaining this situation. There will also be a promotion code for a discount on your next purchase included in this e-mail."

Here's the thing. I ordered 4 (planned gifts). Then I went back an hour later and ordered 1 more because I was worried this exact thing might happen. The one I ordered an hour later? It shipped. The first order? All canceled. Which means the above email isn't the TRUTH. I don't really care about the items - I mean, I would have liked to have them, but I'll give other gifts. But I really hate it when retailers don't just tell the truth (like saying they oversold and the ones that oversold won't be filled, even though my later order was the one that got filled). Anyhoo. Rant over.

Melbel
11-29-2011, 02:25 PM
I know some were frustrated with cancellations. I received an email today offering $15 off future order. I appreciate it when a seller offers something for the inconvenience of a cancelled order. Amazon also stepped up when there were technical difficulties during check out for some lightning deals on BF.

The email provides, in relevant part:

We're sorry to inform you that due to overwhelming demand of the
BAND IN A BOX on your order we are unable to get additional product from
our vendor. Because this merchandise was on clearance and is no longer
available to ship to you, we must cancel the affected item(s) on your
order.
For any inconvenience this has caused, we will honor $15 off your next
purchase with bloomingdales.com.

dukie41181
11-29-2011, 02:34 PM
I know some were frustrated with cancellations. I received an email today offering $15 off future order. I appreciate it when a seller offers something for the inconvenience of a cancelled order. Amazon also stepped up when there were technical difficulties during check out for some lightning deals on BF.

The email provides, in relevant part:

We're sorry to inform you that due to overwhelming demand of the
BAND IN A BOX on your order we are unable to get additional product from
our vendor. Because this merchandise was on clearance and is no longer
available to ship to you, we must cancel the affected item(s) on your
order.
For any inconvenience this has caused, we will honor $15 off your next
purchase with bloomingdales.com.

I got the same email this afternoon. I'm just glad to have gotten 1 Band in a Box!

mcmanutm
11-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Wifecat--- I did a similar thing. I first ordered one band in a box along with two other items. That band in a box shipped. Then, I went back a few minutes later and decided to get two more for gifts. That order didn't ship. Looks like if you only ordered one, they shipped it. Otherwise, the orders with multiple band in a boxes didn't get shipped...I don't know???

mcmanutm
11-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Any coupon codes out there for free shipping or anything at Bloomingdales to use the $15 credit?

JBsmom
11-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Got the same email today. I called and emailed yesterday since my order arrived with only 1 Band-in-a-Box. According to Bloomingdales, they ran out. The order actually shipped from Macy's- guess what is available on Macy's website! My peave is Bloomingdales not being truthful to their customers. Obviously the didn't "run out", as many of us got one.

mollyrryan
11-29-2011, 03:05 PM
I ordered two band in the box and two other items. Today, I got one band in the box and the other two items. It came in a box from Melissa and Doug, and the receipt says I purchased it from Macys. Hmmmm . . . if I need to return one, do I return to Macys or Bloomies?

Mommy_Mea
11-29-2011, 03:31 PM
I got the same email today. Definitely a strange tactic! I was excited about my $15 credit, but then tried to remember the last time there was free shipping. I want something really free with that credit! :)

csmolu78
11-29-2011, 03:40 PM
I got the same one and when I tried to use the promo code it wouldn't work. I had to call customer service and she had to enter it in manually.

div_0305
11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
I ordered 4 Band In a Box, and received 1. I got the $15 credit email today, but w/o free shipping I don't think I'll use it by the expiration date of 12/23.

Momit
11-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Is anyone having trouble getting items other than band in a box? Or is it just that one that they ran out of? We were out of town and our neighbors collected our packages, and they aren't home now so the suspense is killing me. I think everything I ordered actually shipped.

beth239
11-29-2011, 04:39 PM
I didn't get a $15 credit and I had 2 band in boxs cancelled. What did you guys say to get the credit? Did you call or email?

socaintexas
11-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Is anyone having trouble getting items other than band in a box? Or is it just that one that they ran out of? We were out of town and our neighbors collected our packages, and they aren't home now so the suspense is killing me. I think everything I ordered actually shipped.

As far as I know everything else shipped. It looks like most people who ordered the band in the box are getting one in the shipment, but the rest of the band in the boxes are being cancelled.

HTH.

beth239
11-29-2011, 04:42 PM

I got all the other items!!

wifecat
11-29-2011, 04:50 PM
I got one band in the box and 4 cancelled ones. I just got an email today apologizing for the cancellation, and they offered me a $15 credit on my next purchase, which I am beyond thrilled with!

beth239
11-29-2011, 04:56 PM
I just went through my emails again and I got the credit too. :) I deleted it by accident.

JanBaby
11-29-2011, 05:07 PM
I didn't get a $15 credit and I had 2 band in boxs cancelled. What did you guys say to get the credit? Did you call or email?

Mine came via email today.

corrie23
11-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Thanks for mentioning this email. I received it today too but would have never even noticed it without the head's up.

lovebargains
11-29-2011, 05:21 PM
I received a credit too! What to spend it on? Bloomies stuff is normally pricey

socaintexas
11-29-2011, 05:51 PM
How convenient that they waited until the after Thanksgiving sale with free shipping has expired to send out the credit. There are hardly any toys to choose from, unless I am just not able to find them.

yalie2001
11-29-2011, 05:52 PM
I received a credit too! What to spend it on? Bloomies stuff is normally pricey
this is my problem, too, and I'm kind of irked that they have known this for a while but only sent the emails today. there free shipping yesterday for cyber monday and it would have been perfect to pair w/this $15 credit! now I have no clue what to get

Mommy_Mea
11-30-2011, 08:50 AM
I may call customer service and complain that they sent the code the day AFTER free shipping no minimum ended. That the credit is worthless, because they are forcing us to pay shipping. Maybe they will give us free shipping...

Motley16
12-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Just got an email from Bloomingdales for a Private Sale from December1-4 with free shipping on any order with FREESHIP11. Good time as any to use those credits!

lovebargains
12-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Woohoo - thanks for that - I was able to combine 6% ebates, freeship11 code and the $15 coupon to get

Juicy Couture Infant Girls' Boxed Striped Socks, Set Of 6 - Sizes 12-24 Months for $13 shipped. I needed the next sock size and these are cute!

iaam
12-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Woohoo - thanks for that - I was able to combine 6% ebates, freeship11 code and the $15 coupon to get

Juicy Couture Infant Girls' Boxed Striped Socks, Set Of 6 - Sizes 12-24 Months for $13 shipped. I needed the next sock size and these are cute!

Did you enter the $15 credit as a promo code?

lovebargains
12-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Yes- it acts as a promo code

corrie23
12-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Hmmm, I can't decide what to get....new necklace for me

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/lauren-by-ralph-lauren-interlocking-ring-necklace-18?ID=521604&CategoryID=3629&LinkType=#fn=PRICE%3D0|49.99%26spp%3D25%26ppp%3D96 %26sp%3D1%26rid%3D2

or http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/lauren-by-ralph-lauren-hammered-teardrop-pendant-necklace-18?ID=545504&CategoryID=3629&LinkType=#fn=PRICE%3D0|49.99%26spp%3D36%26ppp%3D96 %26sp%3D1%26rid%3D2
OR really pretty mezuzah for the house:

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/michael-aram-botanical-leaf-mezuzah?ID=561392&upc_ID=1003445&Quantity=1&seqNo=1&EXTRA_PARAMETER=BAG

iaam
12-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Yes- it acts as a promo code

Thanks! I tried that and it didn't take anything off. I emailed them. This is annoying!

Momit
12-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I just found a bunch of cute clothes for DS on sale. I got all the way to where you enter your cc info and all but 1 item was out of stock. I wish they would tell you sooner...

csmolu78
12-01-2011, 01:28 PM
I had to call to get my credit the other day but when I tried it today it worked! Lots of their clearance stuff is not really in stock :(

BabyDahl
12-01-2011, 01:36 PM
I just snagged a dress for DD at half the cost I paid when I bought the M&D Band in a Box. Figure I'll use the credit for the dress rather than do a PA. I had received a $15 credit code as well as a 20% off code when I emailed them, but the site only allows 2 codes so FREESHIP11 won out over the 20% off...

brianaw
12-01-2011, 02:50 PM
So, Im a little irritated. I got an item in my cart. Used both codes, went to pay and it said it was sold out. I found something new and now it wont let me combine my $15 with free shipping! So annoyed.

wifecat
12-01-2011, 03:24 PM
My promo code doesn't work. I did a live chat and she couldn't help me. She gave me a number and an extension to ask for. Called it and they were really rude about transferring me, then they tried to transfer me and told me I'd been given the wrong extension and that they couldn't transfer me. I suggested perhaps the person I was talking to could help me. I'm on hold now and getting really really irritated.

ckso
12-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Mine won't let me use the $15 credit either even if I didn't put in the free ship promo. Anyone else have that problem?

JBsmom
12-01-2011, 03:31 PM
on the phone with Bloomingdales trying to place an order since the promo code was accepted online. This has been PAINFUL!!

wifecat
12-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Mine won't let me use the $15 credit either even if I didn't put in the free ship promo. Anyone else have that problem?

Yup. On the phone with them now about it. They claim they can't validate the code and that I can only place an order if I call them. I haven't decided what item I want and I do NOT want to call them back! This is ridiculous.

ETA: And now after being on the phone with them for 15 minutes, they conveniently disconnected me. I think I kind of hate them.

div_0305
12-01-2011, 03:34 PM
I had to call in to get my promo applied. After an item went out of stock, and I removed it from my cart, my code no longer worked. When I called they said it was already used. I told them what happened, and they applied it after I placed the order online with them standing by on the phone. It was a HASSLE, but I got a great deal on clothing in the end.

iaam
12-01-2011, 03:36 PM

Same here. I think I am going to let this one go... doesn't seem worth the hassle that PPs are reporting.

lhafer
12-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Bloomingdales just cancelled on my M&D orders that I placed few days ago. :(

BabyDahl
12-01-2011, 03:49 PM
I had issues a couple of times after items showed OOS, but I clicked on the homepage or elsewhere, then went back to my brown bag, removed the codes, and reentered. I was getting annoyed, but after about 3 tries, it worked. Sorry to hear all the PPs are having such problems :irked:

diamond
12-01-2011, 03:59 PM
i called and they said each codde has exceptions and ralph lauren is one, electronics, if anyone has luck placing order what did you purchase? ty

cntrymoon2
12-01-2011, 04:23 PM
i called and they said each codde has exceptions and ralph lauren is one, electronics, if anyone has luck placing order what did you purchase? ty

That might explain my troubles- I was trying to buy a pair of RL leggings. How annoying this has become!

mcmanutm
12-01-2011, 05:20 PM
I was trying to buy Clinique and ran into the same problem. I did the live chat and asked for the "Exclusion List." ABSOLUTELY ABSURD! What is left to buy?!? Here it is:

Offer excludes Women’s Apparel from Agent Provocateur, Alice & Olivia, Aqua, Aqua Cashmere, Bou-TEE-que, Burberry, Canada Goose, Contemporary Denim, Designer Leases, DVF, Gerard Darel, Lafayette 148, Lipsy, LK Bennett, Maje, Marina Rinaldi, Moncler, Nike, Not Your Daughter’s Jeans, Reiss, Sandro, Ted Baker, The North Face®, Theory, Under Armour, Agnona, Armani Collezioni, Blumarine, Calvin Klein, D & G, Donna Karan New York, Escada, Giorgio Armani, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, St John, Ralph Lauren Black Label, Akris Punto, Sonia Rykiel, Marc Jacobs, Jean Paul Gautier Fuzzi, Jean Paul Gautier Mainline, Herve Leger, Moschino, Burberry London, Burberry Prorsum, Chanel, Barbara Bui, Christian Cota, Gio Guerreri, Lela Rose, Philosophy Di Alberta Ferreti, Plein Sud, Rick Owens Lilies, Yigal Azrouel, Zac Posen, Kevork Kiledjian, Libertine, Temperley London, Jerome Dreyfuss, Ports 1961, Nanette Lepore, Milly, Elizabeth & James, Tibi, Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent, Catherine Malandrino, Helmut Lang, Rebecca Taylor, See by Chloe, Oonagh by Nanette Lepore, Equipment, Parker, Rachel Zoe, Rebecca Minkoff, Robert Rodriguez, Rag & Bone, Aiko, Aro, Clu, Current/Elliot, Cut 25, Edun, Jamison, Kimberly Ovitz, Kimberly Taylor, Madison Marcus, Smythe, Surface to Air, Susana Monaco, Tucker, Vena Cava, Viva Vena, VPL, and 10 Crosby by Derek Lam. Offer excludes Men’s Apparel from Burberry Prorsum, Canada Goose, Etro, Hunter Boot (shoes), Hunter Boot (coats), Men’s Electronics, Moncler, Ovadia and Sons, Polo Black Label, Polo Black Label Denim, Premium Denim, The Men’s Store at Bloomingdale’s Sportswear, PS Paul Smith, Salvatore Ferragamo Shoes, Shoe trees, Ted baker, The North Face®, Turnbull & Asser, UGG Australia®, Villebrequin, Z Zegna, Zegna Sport, and Nike (online only). Offer excludes Handbags from Burberry, Chanel, Chloe, Dior, Fendi, Salvatore Ferragamo Leased, Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu, Prada, Tory Burch, and excluded online only: COACH. Offer excludes Accessories from: Burberry Small Leather Goods, Chanel, Marc Jacobs Small Leather Goods, Pandora, Tous, Tory Burch Small Leather Goods, and excluded online only: The North Face®, COACH, UGG® Australia, and Balenciaga Sunglasses. Offer excludes Shoes from: Burberry, Chanel, Dior, Fendi, Jimmy Choo, Miu Miu, Prada, Tory Burch, UGG® Australia, and excluded online only: UGG® Collection, COACH, Nike, and The North Face®. Offer excludes Kids Apaprel from: Bugaboo, MIKI HOUSE, Moncler, The North Face®, UGG Australia®, and Under Armour. Offer excludes Home merchandise from: Kitchen Electrics, Furniture, Mattresses, Rugs, Baccarat, Christofle, Daum, Juliska, Lalique, Rimowa, William Yeoward, Sterling Silver, Villeroy & Boch, and excluded online only: Le Creuset. Offer excludes Fine Jewelry, Fragrances & Cosmetics, Electronic Gift Cards, Interior Design Special Orders, Martine’s Chocolates, Maxmillion Fur Services, Restaruants, Rug Cleaning Services, and Shop At Home Services. Offer and selection may vary in store. See a sales associate for details. All Private Sale certificates can be combined, but cannot be combined with any other store certificate offer. Dollar savings are allocated as discounts off each eligible item, as shown on receipt or at checkout. When you return an item, you forfeit the savings allocated to that item. This certificate has no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash, used to purchase gift cards, or applied as payment or credit to your account. Not valid on prior purchases or bill payments. Valid for Bloomingdale’s employees; all other Bloomingdale's affiliates are excluded. Not valid at Bloomingdale's Dubai and Bloomingdale’s The Outlet Stores.

cntrymoon2
12-01-2011, 05:56 PM
^ Wow, thanks a LOT, Bloomies! :banghead:

csmolu78
12-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Mine worked on children's Ralph Lauren...

mcmanutm
12-01-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't even know why I am wasting my time on this... Ugg!!!! I am trying to buy a simple OXO square container and the code still doesn't work!!! What the h... does it work on?!!? Not sure if it is because there is a buy more save more sale going on giving me a huge 10% off the 18 dollar item! I'd rather be able to use my code than get 1.80 off. SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!

savvymom
12-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Mine worked on RL kids too. I did have to chat with customer service to get both codes to apply and the CS agent kept applying the wrong thing, completed my order via the chat, but finally got my two polo shirts for around $15 shipped - I'm happy!

ckso
12-01-2011, 07:26 PM
That's some exception. Seriously.

I had the same problem trying to check out a 15.99 trivet. I called customer service who placed the order for me. Originally she said she can only use 1 promo code per order but I said the online allows 2 promo code so I want to use the $15 and the free ship.

In the end she processed the order for me for a total of $1.05 shipped. Cool deal.

Melbel
12-01-2011, 08:33 PM
I was trying to buy Clinique and ran into the same problem. I did the live chat and asked for the "Exclusion List." ABSOLUTELY ABSURD! What is left to buy?!? Here it is:

Offer excludes Women’s Apparel from Agent Provocateur, Alice & Olivia, Aqua, Aqua Cashmere, Bou-TEE-que, Burberry, Canada Goose, Contemporary Denim, Designer Leases, DVF, Gerard Darel, Lafayette 148, Lipsy, LK Bennett, Maje, Marina Rinaldi, Moncler, Nike, Not Your Daughter’s Jeans, Reiss, Sandro, Ted Baker, The North Face®, Theory, Under Armour, Agnona, Armani Collezioni, Blumarine, Calvin Klein, D & G, Donna Karan New York, Escada, Giorgio Armani, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, St John, Ralph Lauren Black Label, Akris Punto, Sonia Rykiel, Marc Jacobs, Jean Paul Gautier Fuzzi, Jean Paul Gautier Mainline, Herve Leger, Moschino, Burberry London, Burberry Prorsum, Chanel, Barbara Bui, Christian Cota, Gio Guerreri, Lela Rose, Philosophy Di Alberta Ferreti, Plein Sud, Rick Owens Lilies, Yigal Azrouel, Zac Posen, Kevork Kiledjian, Libertine, Temperley London, Jerome Dreyfuss, Ports 1961, Nanette Lepore, Milly, Elizabeth & James, Tibi, Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent, Catherine Malandrino, Helmut Lang, Rebecca Taylor, See by Chloe, Oonagh by Nanette Lepore, Equipment, Parker, Rachel Zoe, Rebecca Minkoff, Robert Rodriguez, Rag & Bone, Aiko, Aro, Clu, Current/Elliot, Cut 25, Edun, Jamison, Kimberly Ovitz, Kimberly Taylor, Madison Marcus, Smythe, Surface to Air, Susana Monaco, Tucker, Vena Cava, Viva Vena, VPL, and 10 Crosby by Derek Lam. Offer excludes Men’s Apparel from Burberry Prorsum, Canada Goose, Etro, Hunter Boot (shoes), Hunter Boot (coats), Men’s Electronics, Moncler, Ovadia and Sons, Polo Black Label, Polo Black Label Denim, Premium Denim, The Men’s Store at Bloomingdale’s Sportswear, PS Paul Smith, Salvatore Ferragamo Shoes, Shoe trees, Ted baker, The North Face®, Turnbull & Asser, UGG Australia®, Villebrequin, Z Zegna, Zegna Sport, and Nike (online only). Offer excludes Handbags from Burberry, Chanel, Chloe, Dior, Fendi, Salvatore Ferragamo Leased, Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu, Prada, Tory Burch, and excluded online only: COACH. Offer excludes Accessories from: Burberry Small Leather Goods, Chanel, Marc Jacobs Small Leather Goods, Pandora, Tous, Tory Burch Small Leather Goods, and excluded online only: The North Face®, COACH, UGG® Australia, and Balenciaga Sunglasses. Offer excludes Shoes from: Burberry, Chanel, Dior, Fendi, Jimmy Choo, Miu Miu, Prada, Tory Burch, UGG® Australia, and excluded online only: UGG® Collection, COACH, Nike, and The North Face®. Offer excludes Kids Apaprel from: Bugaboo, MIKI HOUSE, Moncler, The North Face®, UGG Australia®, and Under Armour. Offer excludes Home merchandise from: Kitchen Electrics, Furniture, Mattresses, Rugs, Baccarat, Christofle, Daum, Juliska, Lalique, Rimowa, William Yeoward, Sterling Silver, Villeroy & Boch, and excluded online only: Le Creuset. Offer excludes Fine Jewelry, Fragrances & Cosmetics, Electronic Gift Cards, Interior Design Special Orders, Martine’s Chocolates, Maxmillion Fur Services, Restaruants, Rug Cleaning Services, and Shop At Home Services. Offer and selection may vary in store. See a sales associate for details. All Private Sale certificates can be combined, but cannot be combined with any other store certificate offer. Dollar savings are allocated as discounts off each eligible item, as shown on receipt or at checkout. When you return an item, you forfeit the savings allocated to that item. This certificate has no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash, used to purchase gift cards, or applied as payment or credit to your account. Not valid on prior purchases or bill payments. Valid for Bloomingdale’s employees; all other Bloomingdale's affiliates are excluded. Not valid at Bloomingdale's Dubai and Bloomingdale’s The Outlet Stores.

Considering that the email does not list ANY exclusions, this IS infuriating. I am live chatting now. So far, no luck getting an item that has the automatic buy now discount.

This would have been a great deal with the code:

De'Longhi "PerfectO" Grill
Web ID: 493334
REG $100.00
SALE $29.99
$29.99

Mommy_Mea
12-01-2011, 08:37 PM
I just placed my order. Initially, I would put something in the cart that wouldn't allow the code. Then if I placed something in the cart that did allow it (less than $15 item), it would then allow the code off the entire order.

For example, I wanted to get the 2(x)ist underwear for DH for Christmas, but the code didn't work on just them. So I added an inexpensive item (pair of underwear for myself at $6) and the code worked, and then the free shipping code worked. So $7.50 out the door for a very nice pair of underwear for DH and a little bonus for myself ;-)

So maybe that will help some others!!

Melbel
12-01-2011, 09:15 PM
WAY too much time later, I did receive the discount on the grill after requesting a supervisor on chat. It was a total PITB, pathetic excuse for customer service.
They could not even email me a confirmation of the discount (applied after placing my order). I copied the chat and sent myself an email. I will definitely avoid Bloomie's for any of my online shopping.

ETA: While I am still very annoyed at the customer service fiasco, I ultimately scored a great deal - $16 shipped for a $100 grill (currently selling for $56 on amazon) with good reviews

http://www.amazon.com/Delonghi-BG24-Perfecto-Indoor-Grill/dp/B0000AZK85/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322787756&sr=8-1

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/delonghi-perfecto-grill?ID=493334&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

JBsmom
12-01-2011, 09:25 PM
It seems to me, that $20 is the magic number to be able to use the code- at least on the things that I have been trying. I had 3 $6 Polo shirts in my cart, and it wouldn't take the code, when I added a 4th, it did. However, they were all out of stock. When I called CS they insisted that 2 of them were in stock, but wouldn't let me use my code, even if I added another item. I said they were out of stock online, and they said that wasn't the case.

wifecat
12-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Hanky Panky underwear are not excluded. I agree with the pp that said your total needs to be $20. I tried with some $18 ones and it didn't work, but it did with $20+. I finally get to see what all the hype is about with these undies, and only spent $5 to try them.

I think it's amazing that I was on the phone with cs for a long time today and all they could tell me was that my code was invalid...leave it to the BBB to figure out how to use those codes! <grumble grumble...at least I got some fun underwear...grumble grumble>

JBsmom
12-01-2011, 11:19 PM
after an exhaustive search, of items that are available until it is time to check out, I got a pair of RL jeans for DD and a pair of socks for me for $6.