PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for just-turned-3 year old girl?

happymom
11-13-2011, 01:26 PM
DD will be turning 3 in a few weeks, so I am looking for both birthday and Chanuka gift ideas. Right now, she is mostly into playing pretend with her million dolls and stuffed animals. That is 90% of her play. I'm pretty sure she has all the accessories possible for this-- strollers, cribs, highchair, etc. She has a kitchen, which she uses sometimes. She also has a Cozy Coupe that she incorporates into her pretend play daily.

Aside from that, she enjoys her megablox, magnetic dress up, regular dress up clothes, and lots of books.

My parents and inlaws are buying her the FP Loving Family Dollhouse and all the accessories.

One thing we don't have a lot of is puzzles...so I think that might be a good idea. We also don't have any board games besides Memory. I was also thinking she might enjoy some lacing beads?

Any other suggestions that I'm forgetting? Things that she will become more interested in this year as she gets older?

azazela
11-13-2011, 01:59 PM
How about:

Easel with paper roll/white board/chalkboard and appropriate utensils?
Play Doh and various shape cutters and other instruments?
Coloring/drawing - paper/markers/crayons/paints
Stickers/activity books

Play food for her kitchen - felt on etsy, wooden - M&D or Haba

Tea set/dishes set so she can cook for and feed her dolls - I like the Green Toys brand for this

Kids digital camera - we have VTech Kidzoom

chozen
11-13-2011, 02:13 PM
legos
craft kits
dvd's
special blanket
medical kit
cash register

chozen
11-13-2011, 02:16 PM
also wanted to mention, over in the bargain forum there is a link to bloomindales for some great prices on melissa & doug stuff.

candaceb
11-13-2011, 02:42 PM
:yeahthat: The cutting food is perfect at that age.

newg
11-13-2011, 02:50 PM
I know you mentioned she has dress-up clothes already, but I wanted to share this site with you. I am in love with their princess dresses and I'm planning on getting another one for DD1 for Christmas. http://www.littledressupshop.com/
If she likes princesses, the disney store has really good quailty dolls and mini playsets.

DD is also getting into the puzzles that come in little boxes....we have tons of the wooden ones that MD and other places sell. She likes taking all the pieces out on the kitchen table, looking at the picture on the box and trying to put it together without much help. I actually just saw a huge floor puzzle at Kohls that is disney princesses.

What about a play pop-up tent? We keep ours folded and under the couch in the playroom when it's not being used.........but DD1 (and DD2) love playing with it for pretend play, and just to have their snack in sometimes!http://www.amazon.com/Discovery-Kids-Princess-Play-Castle/dp/B004ETB4TY/ref=sr_1_5?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1321210204&sr=1-5
A learning system of some kind......like a Tag Jr. or leapster explorer?

happymom
11-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Great ideas! Thank you!

Azazela, I thought about an easel, but decided against it because it just takzs up too much (precious) space. She has lots of coloring things, stickers, and arts n crafts. Play food is a great idea though. She doesn't have a lot of that (basically just what came with the kitchen)...maybe she would play with her kitchen more if she did. She already has pots and pans, as well as a tea set. A digital camera sounds cool...will have to look into that!

Chozen, she has a medical kit, but all your other ideas sound really good...will have to look into them too!

And newg, I love the pop-up tent idea. Especially since it folds flat and can be stored easily!

hoodlims
11-13-2011, 09:10 PM
BabyGizmo picks for that age http://www.babygizmo.com/gifts/holidayguide2011/littlekids.php

Melaine
11-13-2011, 09:25 PM
My girls still love their pillow pets.

kedss
11-13-2011, 09:26 PM
my 3 year old dd loves purses that she can put little stuff into. :) I like the Crocodile Creek puzzles. :)