PDA

View Full Version : Which of these boots do you like?

liamsmom
11-13-2011, 02:07 PM
I've been wanting a pair of dark brown riding boots for a few years. I can never find anything in the stores because I have muscular calves, but slender ankles and feet. So, I definitely need to order through Zappos or something similar and find boots with a 16" circumference or larger.

I really like both of these:

http://www.zappos.com/ak-anne-klein-carloew-cognac-leather

http://www.zappos.com/etienne-aigner-chastity-wide-calf-banana-bread-leather

But then I found these:

http://www.zappos.com/product/7818794/color/328

The Borns are a more modern and casual, but that's my overall style anyway and I might be able to find more outfits for them. They're more similar to all those Frye boots which are gorgeous, but out of my budget. Do you think the Borns are worth it?

arivecchi
11-13-2011, 02:31 PM
I like the second pair best.

SnuggleBuggles
11-13-2011, 02:35 PM
I almost bought those EA ones but they were too big on my calves. I really liked them otherwise. They'd be my pick. :)

Beth

KLD313
11-13-2011, 02:45 PM
The second pair.

Twoboos
11-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Loving the 2nd pair, in the black/brown combo you could wear them with anything!

This board is a horrible influence, I'm going to see if they're in my size.... :bag

ShanaMama
11-13-2011, 04:52 PM
I also really like the second pair.

blondflava
11-13-2011, 08:18 PM
The Chastity boots are beautiful.. A while ago I ordered a pair of (regular) calf boots in Black/Brown - beautiful beautiful boots but were huge on my scrawny calves. You can't go wrong with Zappos and their great return policy!

lorinick
11-14-2011, 09:33 AM
I vote the second ones. I didn't really like the 3rd ones at all.

emily
11-14-2011, 10:01 AM
I liked the second ones too. I ordered them in the wide calf size and they fit really weird on top. There was such a huge gap at the top. I sent them back.

BabyBearsMom
11-14-2011, 10:07 AM
I have the Anne Klein pair and they are really nice. I get tons of compliments on them and they look cute casually and with a dress. I like the second pair as well, but the third pair is a little too chunky for my taste.

Dream
11-14-2011, 11:10 AM
I like the second pair, don't care for the third.

elbenn
11-14-2011, 11:23 AM
I like both the first and second pairs. If you're ordering from Zappos, I would get both and see which pair is more comfortable and keep that pair.

pomegranate
11-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Here's another one for you to consider, also by Born. I've had mine for about a year and totally love them! They are slightly padded in the footbed (so totally comfy!) and I also found the calve area to be generous. My calves are probably 15-15.5" and I feel there's still room in there. Easy to tuck jeans into.

http://www.garnethill.com/b-26-23248-3brn-asbee-riding-boots/womens-fashion/footwear/boots/216609

mackmama
11-14-2011, 12:39 PM
I like the 2nd pair.

nupe
11-14-2011, 02:23 PM
I like the second pair too.

Although I usually love Borns, I don't like the look of the borns in the original post, too chunkly of a sole for that style of boot, in my opinion.

liamsmom
11-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks everyone. I tried to order the EAs in my size, but they're out of stock! :duh: I wanted them for Thanksgiving. The AKs are out in my size too. I'm very tempted to order the Borns just to try them on...

tarnator
11-15-2011, 01:44 AM
Thanks everyone. I tried to order the EAs in my size, but they're out of stock! :duh: I wanted them for Thanksgiving. The AKs are out in my size too. I'm very tempted to order the Borns just to try them on...

Well just to mix it up....I like the look of the Borns! So I hope that you do and report back.

citymama
11-15-2011, 02:11 AM
I like the EAs in terms of looks. In terms of comfort, I love Borns. So if I was buying for myself, I'd get the Borns because comfort is a big factor in my decision-making. I don't like the AKs.

ett
11-15-2011, 02:34 AM
I like the EAs in terms of looks. In terms of comfort, I love Borns. So if I was buying for myself, I'd get the Borns because comfort is a big factor in my decision-making. I don't like the AKs.

:yeahthat: Comfort is very important to me too so I would choose the Borns.

nupe
11-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Here's another one for you to consider, also by Born. I've had mine for about a year and totally love them! They are slightly padded in the footbed (so totally comfy!) and I also found the calve area to be generous. My calves are probably 15-15.5" and I feel there's still room in there. Easy to tuck jeans into.

http://www.garnethill.com/b-26-23248-3brn-asbee-riding-boots/womens-fashion/footwear/boots/216609

I have last year's version of these boots. I liked them so much I purchased them in two colors!! The brown and the brown suede!

Beth24
11-15-2011, 03:33 PM
I have last year's version of these boots. I liked them so much I purchased them in two colors!! The brown and the brown suede!

I have them in black too...liked them so much that when the brown suede ones were half off at the end of winter last year I bought them too!

elbenn
11-15-2011, 04:15 PM
For anyone that likes the second pair (the EAs) but not the first (the AKs), what don't you like about the first? I am asking this out of curiosity because they look so similar to me, except for the heel is a little chunkier on the EAs and a little sleeker on the AKs. I really am curious what everyone is noticing that I am missing.

hellokitty
11-15-2011, 06:35 PM
The EA pair are at TJMaxx! I tried to try them on, but my calves are too big. They are very nice looking. I think they were about $99. Personally, I would choose the born, but I'm a comfort over looks kind of girl.

liamsmom
11-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Since the EAs weren't available in my size, I ordered the Borns. They just arrived....and I love them! They're really comfortable and I can zip them up with ease. They aren't as fancy as the other two, but I think I'll have more opportunities to wear them. I can always buy another pair of boots if I want, right? ;)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ng7v_oGxL9o/TsbHriWo-VI/AAAAAAAACnI/Jp8_C9EAn8c/s800/image

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9ilBlfpWiDI/TsbH3ZjKk1I/AAAAAAAACnM/H_4s6OppRJk/s800/image

citymama
11-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Since the EAs weren't available in my size, I ordered the Borns. They just arrived....and I love them! They're really comfortable and I can zip them up with ease. They aren't as fancy as the other two, but I think I'll have more opportunities to wear them. I can always buy another pair of boots if I want, right? ;)

Love the Borns! They look taller than I would ideally like, but I'm definitely considering them too!

mommy111
11-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Those are really nice! I like them much better on you than I did in the photo.

KLD313
11-20-2011, 12:15 AM
I just bought the AK boots in black multi from the Anne Klein website. They're 25% off plus free shipping. If you're a new customer and give your email address for their mailing list you get a code for another $20 off. It brought them down to $106 and change before tax in case anyone else is interested. I know the OP already got boots and they do look much nicer on you than in the picture.

nupe
11-20-2011, 01:54 AM
Those are really nice! I like them much better on you than I did in the photo.

Agree!! Hope they are comfy!