PDA

View Full Version : Just had to smile and walk away.

mom2binsd
11-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Went to congratulate my neighbors DD who is expecting their 3rd, the DD and her DH were down here visiting her parents (my neighbors) for their DD's 1st birthday...the 4 year old said to me "look at my sister's new seat", it was his old convertible turned forward and he's now in a backless booster, so the 1 year old is FF and the 4 year old in a backless.....these are well educated, upper middle class parents.....so tempted to mention something to the parents one of these days, I mean my 5 year old is in a 5pt harness Frontier and my 8 year old is mostly in a Regent although she also has a HBB.

Kaylee31
11-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Hard situation when you don't know the parents very well. But even if you did, they may not be receptive. DH's nephew has been riding in a backless booster since he was 2! His younger sister outgrew her infant seat, and the mother moved her into the only convertible and him into the booster. Even though I told her it was unsafe (and I think illegal), and even offered to buy DN a carseat, the mother refused and didn't want to hear my advice.

sunshine873
11-14-2011, 12:57 AM
I don't know that you can say anything. I do understand it's frustrating. I was just talking with a friend today & she told me proudly that she just turned her DS2 around, since he just had his 1st B-Day. Ugh! I talked to her ad-nauseum about extended RF - and I know I've mentioned to her that Drs are now recommending RF until at least 2. Why doesn't this take priority over her ease to reach her DS in the car? :( In reality, I've given her the info plenty of times in the past. She is making a choice and nothing I say is going to change it at this point, since she did go into this with open eyes. :(