PDA

View Full Version : Jumperoos / Exersaucers (Fischer-Price) - Need Recommendation

BabyZen
11-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Can anyone recommend a jumperoo / exersaucer? I've checked out the ones by Fischer-Price (Precious Planet, Luv U Zoo & Rainforest) and they all seem equal - colorful & entertaining. Your thoughts?

Kaylee31
11-13-2011, 08:49 PM
I bought the rainforest one in EUC off on CL and liked it. The PP version seemed to me like it would have a larger footprint.
DS only used it for a couple of months, so I'm glad I didn't pay full price. Once he became mobile & was cruising, he would cry if I put him in it. And he preferred the exersaucer. So I would buy used if you can.

KLD313
11-13-2011, 08:50 PM
I got my DD the Step n Play Piano and it still gets a lot of play. Once they're old enough the stand you can take the seat out so they can still play with the stuff. My DD is almost 14 mos and shes stepping on the floor keys and pressing the other buttons multiple times a day. I think it has more longevity than a regular exersaucer.

KrystalS
11-13-2011, 08:56 PM
We had an Evenflo exersaucer. DS loved it, used it from 2mos-6 or 7 mos when he started crawling really well. Once he was mobile he hated being "confined". He never liked the jumperoo. I got it on craigslist so didn't pay full price thankfully.

IME the exersaucer has longer life because there are toys all around and its more portable. The jumperoo is really big and hard to move around. Definitely check craigslist, there are always lots of EUC ones on my local list.

candaceb
11-13-2011, 09:58 PM
We borrowed the Baby Einstein Jumperoo and had the Baby Einstein Exersaucer. DS was entertained by both for a couple of months but definitely liked the Jumperoo better. He liked the piano on the exersaucer (and still does - he'll play it while standing on the outside of it where it's stored in the basement).

Minnifer
11-14-2011, 12:32 PM
DD had an exersaucer (that I resold) and I was thinking that this time I'd get a jumperoo b/c I think DS will like it better b/c he's more physical and loves to kick, bounce, etc. I was eyeing the Baby Einstein one b/c I think it looks pretty cool but a lot of the reviews say it's too tall for a young baby. Anyone here have that issue w/it? Also, are the Fisher Price ones as fun, and do they have the same issue?

mackmama
11-14-2011, 12:43 PM
DC loooooves the Fisher Price rainforest jumperoo.

candaceb
11-14-2011, 01:49 PM
DD had an exersaucer (that I resold) and I was thinking that this time I'd get a jumperoo b/c I think DS will like it better b/c he's more physical and loves to kick, bounce, etc. I was eyeing the Baby Einstein one b/c I think it looks pretty cool but a lot of the reviews say it's too tall for a young baby. Anyone here have that issue w/it? Also, are the Fisher Price ones as fun, and do they have the same issue?

DS has consistently been in the 25-50% for height, and he was tall enough to hit the ground in the Baby Einstein jumperoo by the time he was able to hold himself up well enough to use it. He was too short for the Baby Einstein Exersaucer for a long time - by the time he could touch the base, he was almost done with it.

BabyBearsMom
11-14-2011, 01:51 PM
My advice is buy one used off of CL. They use them for such a short period of time (DD was from 3mo to 6 mo tops) and they are so expensive. Really not worth the price new IMO.

Minnifer
11-14-2011, 02:22 PM
DS has consistently been in the 25-50% for height, and he was tall enough to hit the ground in the Baby Einstein jumperoo by the time he was able to hold himself up well enough to use it. He was too short for the Baby Einstein Exersaucer for a long time - by the time he could touch the base, he was almost done with it.

Thanks! Do you remember about what age that was? DS is 5 mos and about 50% for height and can keep himself sitting up unassisted pretty decently, and pretty much only wants to be upright at this point (one of the good side effects of having reflux, lol). I guess if he winds up being too short for it I could put a books underneath it so he could bounce, but I also wonder if he'd be able to reach the toys...

BabyBearsMom
11-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Thanks! Do you remember about what age that was? DS is 5 mos and about 50% for height and can keep himself sitting up unassisted pretty decently, and pretty much only wants to be upright at this point (one of the good side effects of having reflux, lol). I guess if he winds up being too short for it I could put a books underneath it so he could bounce, but I also wonder if he'd be able to reach the toys...

DD is tall, but we had the same exersaucer and I just put a folded towel under her so her feet had something to touch.