PDA

View Full Version : bounce house

boilermakermom
11-14-2011, 01:11 AM
We are thinking of getting DD a bounce house for Christmas. We want something we can use downstairs in the basement (8' ceilings, basement unfinished) and outside in the summer as well.

We have ruled out the Little Tikes, etc. mainly b/c they are small, and not sewn together to last.

We want to stay under or around $250 -$400.

Can anyone recommend one? Or at least a website.

Thanks!

mommyapb
11-14-2011, 01:38 AM
We have the Little Tikes Jump'N Slide bounce house and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about it. I would certainly say it qualifies as being both durable and large since we've had 6-8 kids (ages 2-7) bouncing in it at one time. Also, we spent around $200 on it and I feel that is a reasonable amount.

We also have it set up in the unfinished portion of our basement. It does slide a bit on the cement floor my kids just push it back into place if need be. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Hope this helps and good luck with your search.

Amelia

DD 3/06
DS 3/09
DC due 3/12

s7714
11-14-2011, 01:55 AM
We have one of the Little Tikes Jump 'n Slide bouncers as well. Ours has lasted about 5 years now, getting used almost every weekend during the summer/spring. It's also survived a handful of birthday parties plus countless family BBQs with 4-10 kids under the age of 8 all in it at the same time.

I saw several very large bouncer options in the Little Tikes catalog that came out this summer. I know the few available at places like TRU are the smaller ones, but there are larger models available.

I spent almost a year researching options before finally settling on the Little Tikes one and would buy it again without hesitation. The only other options I was able to find in my price range (under $300) were second hand models being sold by local bounce house rental companies. Several had been damaged, fixed and were being sold "as-is" with no warranty. I couldn't justify buying an item like that without a warranty.

Good luck in your search!

WatchingThemGrow
11-14-2011, 07:32 AM
have the same one. It is great! Would anything bigger fit with 8' ceilings?

georgiegirl
11-14-2011, 07:52 AM
We have the little tikes jump n slide also. My kids love it. We only use ours in the basement. I did extensive research before buying it, and it was by far the best option in the $200 price range. It has excellent reviews.

lhafer
11-14-2011, 09:38 AM
I have a Step 2 one that is now discontinued, and it wouldn't fit in your space. Ours is for outside only, it's 12' high I think. But I love the quality of it.

A friend of ours has the little tikes one and it's been great at the parties we've been too. http://www.amazon.com/Little-Tikes-Jump-Slide-Bouncer/dp/B003NSBMUI/ref=sr_1_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1321277859&sr=1-3

lowrioh
11-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Another fan of the Little Tikes Jump n' Slide here.
We have had 5 or 6 kids on it at once and it was fine.
We have also set it up in our basement without any problems.

BigDog
11-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Jump n slide here as well. Works well in our low-ceiling basement. And has held up to a lot of rough-housing.

ETA, I think Walmart has it for a decent price right now. My sister just ordered it online and it was delivered the next day! Walmart must be gearing up for the holiday rush!

geophne
11-14-2011, 10:47 AM
We have this one http://www.bouncelandfun.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=121 from bounceland and have used it inside and out for a couple of years now. We have been very happy with it. They have a number of different models on their website too.

sweetsue98
11-14-2011, 11:24 AM
The jump n slide bounce house is 25% off at toys r us online for cyber monday sale if you are interested.

elbenn
11-14-2011, 01:50 PM
We have this one and it's great! Check out the reviews (out of 87 reviews, 79 are five stars)! It's $219 on Amazon right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Castle-Inflatable-Bounce-House-Slide/dp/B000W3JIX0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321292965&sr=8-1