PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Chimes Garden Rice? Find's brown or red rice?

Globetrotter
11-14-2011, 02:28 AM
ETA: I found a Thai Organic Trio Rice Mix from Chimes Garden (mix of brown, black and red), and we love it! It's similar to the one we get in our Thai restaurant and available in our local Asian market. However, I could only find a five lb. bag. Has anyone seen this rice in a bigger bag?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our fave Thai place serves the BEST rice. I've asked them a few times where they get it and they told me it's Find's brand from Costco. I have looked for it and have yet to see anything like that!

It has a great texture and taste - even folks who don't like brown rice like this one. I think it might actually be a red/brown mix.

Any ideas?

o_mom
11-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Can you ask them to show you a package of the rice?

Costco apparently has products for business delivery that aren't in the warehouse. Maybe one of these? http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?whse=BD_823&Ne=4000000&eCat=BD_823|9896|10042&N=4031181&Nr=P_CatalogName:BD_823&cat=10729&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&topnav=bd

connor_mommy
11-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Look for brown/red jasmine rice. I like the texture of jasmine rice. Most Thai restaurants also use jasmine. There's a brand, Golden Phoenix, that has a brown and red jasmine rice mix. I've seen it at Ranch 99. It's not with the big bulk packages of rice, but in the aisles with the smaller packages. Or if you have a Whole Foods near you, it can be found in the bulk food aisle.

Globetrotter
11-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks! This is a nuttier blend, not like jasmine. I have actually asked to see the bag, but i think I need to ask again.

It didn't occur to me to look at Costco online! I don't think it's there, unless it's under a different name. I will update when I figure it out, because that is simply the tastiest rice we've ever had! (and that is the general consensus amongst our friends)

Globetrotter
01-25-2012, 03:06 PM
bumping for update