PDA

View Full Version : Personalized book - given name or nickname?

94bruin
11-14-2011, 04:57 AM
I'm giving a friend a belated new baby gift of a personalized book from I See Me. My friend has mentioned that she's not a fan of the given name (I believe it was her late FIL's name) but prefers the nickname. ie Sam vs Samuel

Also, including the middle name is an additional charge.

What name would you have printed? Poll coming, if I can figure out how to set one up!

sunshine873
11-14-2011, 09:17 AM
I said nickname, since your friend specifically said she didn't really like the given name. & then if you're using the nickname, the middle name seems wrong to me.

In any other situation (if your friend hadn't said that) I'd say go for the full name.

DietCokeLover
11-14-2011, 09:18 AM
I said nickname, since your friend specifically said she didn't really like the given name. & then if you're using the nickname, the middle name seems wrong to me.

In any other situation (if your friend hadn't said that) I'd say go for the full name.

:yeahthat:

lhafer
11-14-2011, 09:25 AM
I gave my bff's daughter one of those books. She doesn't have a nickname, so I used her first name, and did her last name, not her middle name. i.e. her name is Katherine Grace Smith. I did Katherine Smith in the book.

I would do the nickname and last name in your case.

TwinFoxes
11-14-2011, 09:27 AM

crl
11-14-2011, 10:22 AM

Catherine