PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Deals on Amazon

elbenn
11-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Amazon's Lightning Deals are starting today. On SD, they said there would be lego deals today.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/b/ref=pe_182460_21745900_pe_b4_t/?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&node=360960011

Kymberley
11-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Thank you!

3isEnough
11-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Thank you!

:yeahthat:

lilhilly
11-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up -- snagged Emperor Palpatine's shuttle, which went fast! Those are pretty significant discounts for Lego.

wencit
11-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Amazon's Lightning Deals are starting today.Oh dear, there goes my productivity for the next month! :rotflmao:

Thanks for the head's up, OP!

pjsmom30
11-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Funny, I just bought Lego Champion for the same price (17.99) at Target yesterday on clearance. Looks like Ninjago coming up later, but I won't be home. Wah!

hellokitty
11-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Funny, I just bought Lego Champion for the same price (17.99) at Target yesterday on clearance. Looks like Ninjago coming up later, but I won't be home. Wah!

Me too! I was shocked that it as on clearance at target.

jenstring95
11-14-2011, 02:04 PM
so much for cleaning :)

That's just what I was thinking! :)

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Or working...

septmama2b
11-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I am hoping the farm or the airplane are duplo.

nebwhit
11-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Hard to say thanks as I can't leave the computer now. I love/hate these deals.

tropicalmom
11-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I am hoping the farm or the airplane are duplo.

It's your Duplo tractor!

socaintexas
11-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Boy that went fast! 88% when I hit the button and I got put on a waitlist. What does that mean?

Minnifer
11-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Geez Louise, was that really *such* a good deal that it sold out in like 2 seconds, or is everyone just hungry for deal season to begin?:wink2:

willow33
11-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Don't give up if you are on the waitlist! I was on the waitlist for the Emporer Palpatine's Shuttle and it said there was over 500 people ahead of me and I got one! I just kept the amazon window open and it popped up that I had 2 minutes to add it to my cart. Yay!!

socaintexas
11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Don't give up if you are on the waitlist! I was on the waitlist for the Emporer Palpatine's Shuttle and it said there was over 500 people ahead of me and I got one! I just kept the amazon window open and it popped up that I had 2 minutes to add it to my cart. Yay!!

How do you find out what number you are?

How long did it take to get the pop up? Do you have to be on a certain page or does it alert you somehow?

hillview
11-14-2011, 03:16 PM

socaintexas
11-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I got it!

Daphnecita
11-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Where are you seeing these toy lightening deals? I guess I need Amazon for Dummies, but the Lightening Deal that comes up for me right now is an ergonomic keyboard and all prior deals this morning have been software and computer related. Other expired and sold out deals show up but I don't see any legos or other toys. I'm on the east coast and the times listed are PST so it seems the time zone shouldn't matter. Am I looking in the wrong place?

nellonello
11-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Where are you seeing these toy lightening deals? I guess I need Amazon for Dummies, but the Lightening Deal that comes up for me right now is an ergonomic keyboard and all prior deals this morning have been software and computer related. Other expired and sold out deals show up but I don't see any legos or other toys. I'm on the east coast and the times listed are PST so it seems the time zone shouldn't matter. Am I looking in the wrong place?

On Amazon's Home page look for a banner that says Countdown to Black Friday. That should take you to a screen that you can scroll through the lightening deals.

socaintexas
11-14-2011, 04:29 PM

If you click the link in the first post it will take you to the lightening deals only in the toy department.

KrisM
11-14-2011, 04:29 PM

The link in the OP should take you there. If not, go to Amazon and click on the Black Friday countdown towards the right. The deals should be there and you can sort by category.

septmama2b
11-14-2011, 04:33 PM
I missed the tractor. Damn. Ok now I am hoping for the airplane. I just realized I can do lightening deals on my amazon app for my phone. I can get a little more done now.

socaintexas
11-14-2011, 04:41 PM
I missed the tractor. Damn. Ok now I am hoping for the airplane. I just realized I can do lightening deals on my amazon app for my phone. I can get a little more done now.

LOL! I am right there with you!

Minnifer
11-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Seriously, I don't get it. I was watching my screen and practically simultaneously with the airport deal coming up I clicked to add to my cart but got "100% claimed." How is that possible?

JBaxter
11-14-2011, 07:08 PM
same deal here put me on a wait list at #435 or something

glbb35
11-15-2011, 01:00 AM
Thanks OP for the heads up. It was great to know in advance to look out for Lego deals. I was able to get 2 deals. 1 for DS#1 and another for #2. They will be pleased I think. The deals are going fast though and I hate being wait listed!!

any idea how we find out what the deals are for other days? It would be great to be able to know in advance we to look out for!

B

sfmom
11-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Oh dear, there goes my productivity for the next month!

I snagged a lot of stuff on Amazon last year. I'm totally been looking forward to this!!!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-15-2011, 11:27 AM
It is frustrating that in seconds stuff is gone!

jenfromnj
11-15-2011, 11:31 AM
It is frustrating that in seconds stuff is gone!

Seriously, I don't get it. I was watching my screen and practically simultaneously with the airport deal coming up I clicked to add to my cart but got "100% claimed." How is that possible?

I remember this happened last year, too. They seem to have very limited quantities of some deals, so that even if you're clicking the "buy" button as the deal comes up, you may still not get the item. I was hoping that this year's lightning deals would be less like last year's and more like the prior years' deals, but it seems not :(.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-15-2011, 11:51 AM
I remember this happened last year, too. They seem to have very limited quantities of some deals, so that even if you're clicking the "buy" button as the deal comes up, you may still not get the item. I was hoping that this year's lightning deals would be less like last year's and more like the prior years' deals, but it seems not :(.

:yeahthat: Right? I totally agree!

lilhilly
11-15-2011, 12:15 PM
any idea how we find out what the deals are for other days? It would be great to be able to know in advance we to look out for!

B

They post descriptions at the beginning of each day. Sometimes they're easy to figure out (yesterday's reference to battle-damaged Anakin, e.g.), sometimes they're more general. AFAIK, that's the only advance notice we get.

elbenn
11-17-2011, 10:25 AM
According to SD, there will be more Lego deals today.

lilhilly
11-17-2011, 10:41 AM
According to SD, there will be more Lego deals today.

Looks like it:

8:00 a.m. PST -- The invasion of the planet Naboo has begun! (probably the Battle of Naboo set)
11:00 a.m. PST -- It's a high-speed battle on the ice for Anakin Skywalker (maybe Freeco Speeder?)
1:00 p.m. PST -- Dive down to Bikini Bottom for a swell time! (Krusty Krab Adventures? There are only 3 Lego Sponge Bob sets sold by Amazon)
3:00 p.m. PST -- Ready to unleash their firepower on the Republic forces.
4:00 p.m. PST -- Ambush the scout trooper from the treetop hideout

MomtoNico
11-17-2011, 11:08 AM
I dont know much about this stuff but I got an email saying you coud get notified 10 minutes early about the lightning deals. Here is some info.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/BIT/AmazonBrowserBar/ref=pe_175110_21825960_pe_ecg

Minnifer
11-17-2011, 11:21 AM
I just bought the Leapfrog Musical Table even though I didn't use/need it for DD so not sure I really need it for DS, plus not sure it's *that* amazing of a deal (29.99, not much off amazon's current price, although it's the lowest price on camelcamelcamel).

AngB
11-17-2011, 12:19 PM
I just bought the Leapfrog Musical Table even though I didn't use/need it for DD so not sure I really need it for DS, plus not sure it's *that* amazing of a deal (29.99, not much off amazon's current price, although it's the lowest price on camelcamelcamel).

I jumped on that too. Hopefully he'll like it. Even used on CL in my area it goes for 20...I'd rather buy it new for a little more and not have to deal with picking it up.

elbenn
11-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Someone on SD said you could figure out what the upcoming deal is by googling "Amazon" and whatever the description is. I just did it for one of the deals and it seems to work!

kristabelle
11-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Not to put a damper on anyone's purchasing, but my experience with lightning deals last year wasn't all that great. I jumped on a couple of higher priced lightning deals last year only to watch them decrease in price as it got closer to Christmas. However, I was not looking for lego deals and have no idea if there were a lot of deals as Christmas approached. Anyone else experience this?

brittone2
11-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Not to put a damper on anyone's purchasing, but my experience with lightning deals last year wasn't all that great. I jumped on a couple of higher priced lightning deals last year only to watch them decrease in price as it got closer to Christmas. However, I was not looking for lego deals and have no idea if there were a lot of deals as Christmas approached. Anyone else experience this?
I was thinking the same thing. I didn't jump on the lightning deals last year and was kind of wondering if I'd regret it, but then really close to Christmas the deals (in general) were much better.

That said, if you think something is going for a good/fair price, it is nice to know you have it you are finished w/ having to shop for it. There's something to be said for that.

lilhilly
11-17-2011, 03:45 PM
The lightning deals are very hit-or-miss. I was psyched to get Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle for 50% off on Monday, but the Lego deals since have been meh. Same with past years' deals -- I got a Wii deal that came with a $50 Amazon gift card two years ago when Wii discounts were harder to come by and a handful of other things here and there, but otherwise, I agree, the prices do actually end up being better in mid-December.