PDA

View Full Version : DC folks--a question

HIU8
11-14-2011, 11:48 AM
What newspapers do you subscribe to/buy weekly? One or more than one, and which ones?

I get the Post only right now, but am looking at whether or not it would be a good idea to get another paper (at least for the coupons).

lowrioh
11-14-2011, 12:04 PM
What newspapers do you subscribe to/buy weekly? One or more than one, and which ones?

I get the Post only right now, but am looking at whether or not it would be a good idea to get another paper (at least for the coupons).

We get the Gazette but I don't know if there are coupons in them. There is no way I could subscribe to the Times so I don't know if they have anything.

mommylamb
11-14-2011, 12:10 PM
At home, we just get the Sunday Post. Reading the news is part of my job, so I do it at work. Plus, I just don't have time at home. I read a lot of my newspapers online these days, including the Post. At work, I have hard copy subscriptions to Roll Call and Politico, and an online subscription to CQ Today. Then I also often look at the articles on Real Clear Politics. I do not read the Washington Times.

I wish that the Post did what the NY Times does and had a weekender subscription (Fri, Sat, and Sun) because we'd probably get that at home, but the Post is either Mon-Sat, Sun only, or the full week.

trentsmom
11-14-2011, 02:13 PM
I get the Post and the local paper. The local paper has the same Sunday coupons as the Post, so I always have double.

HIU8
11-14-2011, 02:14 PM
What local paper? The only thing local I have is the Gazette. No coupons in it.

egoldber
11-14-2011, 08:56 PM
We only get the Sunday Post. Anything else we read on-line.

TwinFoxes
11-14-2011, 09:20 PM
The Fairfax County Times has the same coupon as The Post. It's delivered free to my driveway every week. I think you can get most of the coupons online from couponing sites.

K-Bear
11-14-2011, 09:37 PM
We get the Post and Gazette. My Gazette always comes with coupons and ads.

MamaKath
11-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Sunday Post and local (Wed and Friday). Same ads in both.