PDA

View Full Version : Garnet Hill dollhouse questions

Melaine
11-14-2011, 12:21 PM
So for those of you who bought the Garnet Hill dollhouse deal way back (when was it?), what do your DC think of them?

For those who don't remember, this is the dollhouse: http://www.amazon.com/Maxim-Enterprise-EverEarth-32692-Dollhouse/dp/B003EAB9X0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1321287525&sr=8-2

I have two in the attic for the girls and was planning on giving it to them for their "big" Christmas gifts, but I'm having second thoughts. I'm just trying to be super mindful of the large things we give them and I don't want to give it to them if it won't be worth the space. (We are going to be so crowded when the new baby comes it won't even be funny!)

I'm debating selling them on craigslist and using the money to buy something for outside, like bigger trikes.

How tall is the actual dollhouse? Is 30" the assembled height?

Thanks for any feedback!

Melaine
11-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Bump.....anyone?

Melaine
11-17-2011, 04:17 PM
One last pathetic BUMP.

I am so indecisive about keeping these.

ahisma
11-17-2011, 04:21 PM
My friend bought it for her now 3 yo DD. I was at her house yesterday and noticed it out. She said that it doesn't get a ton of play, but maybe it would if they didn't have other dollhouses.

FWIW, she bought it to bring while they were living in Germany but left it home in the states because it was much bigger than she anticipated. It is well made and definitely a decent size. I didn't measure at all, but I'd guess that 30" in the assembled height.

It's big enough for 2 kids to play with at once, maybe keep one and sell one?