PDA

View Full Version : joint birthday party - twins edition

fivi2
11-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Another party question! I have read the threads where people suggest just putting the name of the child the invitee knows on the invitation to a joint party. Is that advice for twins also? We are inviting all girls in both classes. There is some friend overlap because of girl scouts and aftercare. Most should know they are twins. So should invites read:

Come to A's party (for A's class and vice versa for B)
Or
Come to A and B's party for both classes?

TIA!

fivi2
11-14-2011, 07:26 PM
shameless self-bumping to see if there are any opinions ;)

Melaine
11-14-2011, 07:30 PM
I think either is socially acceptable. I would probably do both names on the invite because it is simpler and because I would feel weird putting just one. I say let people sort out the gift issue themselves.

fivi2
11-14-2011, 07:36 PM
I think either is socially acceptable. I would probably do both names on the invite because it is simpler and because I would feel weird putting just one. I say let people sort out the gift issue themselves.

thanks :) I just needed some reassurance for a minute there.

BeachBum
11-14-2011, 08:06 PM

As a mom of twins this is what I think too.

wendmatt
11-14-2011, 10:03 PM

I agree with this

oneplustwo
11-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Another MoM agreeing with this. This year is the first time my guys are in separate classes. As it turns out, for their upcoming birthday party all the kids invited except one know both twins equally well. I'm in touch with the mom of the one kid enough that I'm sure she'll ask me if she's unsure about gifts.

My oldest used to be good friends with a set of boy-girl twins from when they were all in preschool together. One year after the twins were split into separate classrooms, their mom put on the invite to their joint party to just bring a gift for the twin whose class they were in. It was worded very graciously and I understand that was meant to help, but it made things difficult for my DD, who wanted to give gifts to both of her friends. She ended up making a card for the one she wasn't supposed to bring a gift for.