PDA

View Full Version : Reviving the PVC/Phthalate-free Doll threads...

purpleeyes
11-14-2011, 01:08 PM
DD is really getting into dolls, dressing them, etc. I'd love to get her a doll similar to AG that is either PVC or Phthalate free or both! :) Most info I've come across is older I did a search here and google..anyone have any updated resources or info?

THANKS!!

ETA: Found this on amazon. Any thoughts or recommendations?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004AVKTS8/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d0_g21_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0EXPPFJ9FXD1HAAQB764&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

brittone2
11-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Gotz was phthalate-free years ago. The precious day dolls are the same size as AG and will fit in the same clothing and can use the same accessories. They are very nicely made IMO. At one point they made the AG dolls (years and years ago apparently).

With the new laws, I have no idea what manufacturers have changed or not changed with respect to phthalates in vinyl dolls.

eta: I like the Karito dolls but I have no personal experience with them. THey are a more modern looking doll. The body is bigger so I don't know if they can wear standard 18 in doll clothes (I would assume not but maybe it is just the head that is bigger and they do fit. I have no idea, but that's something to consider. 18 inch clothes are pretty readily available (AG or non AG brand).