PDA

View Full Version : Stroller ride along board it - is it worth it?

janine
11-14-2011, 03:15 PM
DD#2 is now here - and with DD1 at 3 years, I thought a stroller board would be a great thing to have until I figure out what stroller (double etc) makes sense. But these boards run about $80 - is it worth it? With winter approaching I'm wondering if I'm better off waiting until spring to pick up a longer term stroller set up.

Any feedback/thoughts from BTDT moms of a toddler and newborn? Thanks!

roseyloxs
11-14-2011, 03:24 PM
I love my board but you should know that most boards will not work while the main seat is in a full recline. Which might mean its actually not a good option for you. If you have a parent-facing stroller it will work though.

eno0609
11-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Congratulations on DD#2!! When DS was born DD was 2 yrs 5 months so we had our P&T Vibe then but also got a ride on board (lascal buggy board maxi) for our Mac when she was a bit older than 3. Even though it cost about the same as our $80 ebay Triumph did at the time, IMO it was worth it. We still use ours all the time and there are times that we didn't bring it that I've regretted. It's not going to work outdoors in the winter if there's snow but it's great for indoors (malls), quick trips or places where you don't want to bring a double and you don't expect DD #1 to nap. Our DD will sit sideways on it if she's really tired too. It has also been a great combo with a baby carrier as well if DD did want to nap.

janine
11-14-2011, 03:58 PM
thanks..sounds like it's worth it! I'll look at the lascal one...also looking at mutsy (we have a bugaboo and mac quest right now), thx

swissair81
11-14-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm going to be the weirdo. I hate stroller boards with a passion.

MamaMolly
11-14-2011, 04:35 PM
We have the Lasco one and it works great but to be honest I wish we had a double. I have the board on the Cybex (mid range) and it makes it really hard to steer. Lula loves to ride so I might go for a sit and stand. Not flashy or fashionable but functional.

eno0609
11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
thanks..sounds like it's worth it! I'll look at the lascal one...also looking at mutsy (we have a bugaboo and mac quest right now), thx

I've heard that the bugaboo board is good but I'm not sure if it would fit on a mac. The Lascal one seems to fit a wide variety of strollers. Right now we use it on our mac techno xt and it works even when the stroller is fully reclined. What I don't like about boards is that you need to adjust your stride and steering becomes more difficult the heavier your rider is...but IMO the positives outweigh the negatives.
I've also heard good things on here about the Valco Hitch-hiker as well (and it fits a variety of strollers- I probably would have gotten that one if I knew about earlier)

lele
11-14-2011, 05:44 PM
I have a vista with a piggyback and I love it. It has been so worth it for us.

AnnieW625
11-14-2011, 06:07 PM
take my opinion with a grain of salt, but stroller boards scare the cr@p out of me. I was all set to get one for my Vista for DD1 to use (she would be just 4 yrs. older than DD2), but while I was about 6 or 7 mos. pregnant and at a large major shopping mall I saw a girl similar in age to DD1 (3 to 3/1/2 at the time) flip herself over backwards on a Bugaboo stroller board right in front of me while her mom was pushing her and the baby. Call me crazy but it completely turned me off to stroller boards. It was probably one of those you had to be there to see, but it was enough for me to say no. Also DD1 never had a problem walking next to
me when I was using a single and still sat in the Bob Duallie (and still does now at theme parks, and for walks, but not at the mall) at 4 yrs. old with no problem. If my girls had been closer in age I probably would've opted for the Vista Rumble Seat or sold the Vista and got a Phil & Teds with a doubles kit for everyday use.

Congrats on the arrival of DD2:)