PDA

View Full Version : Useful stocking stuffer ideas

jgenie
11-14-2011, 03:35 PM
My mom and my sister are going to be with us for Christmas this year and I'm looking for ideas for useful stocking stuffers. I was hoping to avoid candy since DS2 has allergies. My sister is an elementary school teacher in case that helps with ideas. I'm thinking a Target GC, the strawberry huller from another thread and would love other ideas. TIA

BabyH
11-14-2011, 03:37 PM
These!!!!!! (the first site I got when I searched for them)

http://www.thelampstand.com/embellish-your-story.html

I got the big memo board and lots of accessories for my birthday, and it's the CUTEST concept! So far, I love it. Many, many, many ideas with this line....

kedss
11-14-2011, 03:37 PM
nice soaps/bubble bath
your sister's favorite pens
pocket calendar
coffee/tea/travel mug

MamaMolly
11-14-2011, 03:48 PM
I like to get those cute nail files. Every key breaks a nail now and then, so they are handy.

At a hardware store one year I found pretty screwdrivers. The kind with interchangeable tips. Sounds goofy but they had floral handles and were great gifts.

elbenn
11-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Flashlights
Toothbrushes
These measuring tapes http://www.amazon.com/AccuFitness-MT05-MyoTape-Body-Measure/dp/B000G7YW7Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321300300&sr=8-1

ahisma
11-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Cute soaps from etsy...watch heartsy for deals.

overcome
11-14-2011, 05:29 PM
I <3 office supplies. That might be useful and fun.

rlu
11-14-2011, 05:39 PM
At a hardware store one year I found pretty screwdrivers. The kind with interchangeable tips. Sounds goofy but they had floral handles and were great gifts.

This is on my list, except it's a hammer with screwdriver tips inside the floral handle (the hammer head twists off, get it?). They had them at OSH last year and I regret not having DH get me one then since I couldn't find them during my last trip there.

Camera memory chips

Color pencils (also on my list so I can color with DS as a way to encourage art)

Have DC make personalized shrinky dink ornaments for everyone (DS is totally into shrinky dinks right now) - you can use most types of recycle #6 plastic, just google for instructions

eta: pp mentioned office supplies - I love the gold binder clips DH gave me one year to use to hang DS's artwork on display lines in our kitchen.

boolady
11-14-2011, 05:39 PM
My mom is great at stocking stuffers. Every year, she puts in:

Burts Bees lip balm
cute pack of those decorated tissues
iTunes gift card
dress socks for work
some kind of great candy bar, like a Ritter hazlenut bar or something
a cute hair clip or decorative hair elastic
a magnetic notepad for my refrigerator
a few small surprise things each year

I don't even mind knowing what she's going to put in, for the most part, because then I know to expect they're coming.

TwinFoxes
11-14-2011, 10:16 PM
The Container Store just sent me a catalog of just stocking stuffers. There were tons I wanted, and wanted to give as gifts. I think they have a section on their site too.