PDA

View Full Version : Bitty Baby or Bitty Twin for 4.75 year old?

maylips
11-14-2011, 07:20 PM
DD has asked for a doll for Christmas. She's never really played with dolls before, but she is big into imaginative play and treats her stuffed animals like she's their mommy (bossing them around a bunch, which clearly demonstrates my failings as a parent if she's mirroring me).

Anyway, should we look more at a baby doll or a kid doll? I asked DD and she said "both." Not sure we want to do both and even if we did, Santa is only bringing one.

What age doll does (did) your girls play with more? Any other recs for dolls to look at?

Melaine
11-14-2011, 07:27 PM
My girls really like the hair, so we got the Bitty Twins. Their hair has stayed really nice so I think they are a great choice.

abh5e8
11-14-2011, 10:24 PM
dd is also 4.75! she has bitty baby, that she got last year for christmas but she is still a huge favorite...she plays with here every day. dd loves to play that she is the mommy and all the dolls are her babies....but i am considering the bitty twins, because she loves dolls and doesnt' really want anything else. its tough!

egoldber
11-14-2011, 10:30 PM
My younger DD has both and definitely plays more with the BB than the BT.

brittone2
11-14-2011, 11:00 PM
My DD is the same age and plays with her BB a lot. We do not have a bitty twin but have a gotz toddler looking doll (the Muffin doll, which reminds me a bit of the BT).

She plays the most with an 18 in Gotz doll (Precious Day doll) and BB.

I don't own a BT, so my answer might not really be that helpful. Our Gotz Maxy Muffin is also older than the BB and the Gotz 18 inch Precious Day doll, so she's looking a little....rougher....than the other two, which might be a factor too.

http://www.amazon.com/Gotz-Dolls-Maxy-Muffin-16-5/dp/B00360B1ZY

Mommaof3
11-15-2011, 02:20 PM
My DD's who are 10 & 8 have both BT & BB and definitely play with the BB's waaayyyy more. They are very into babies. They even have the big AG dolls and BB's are their favorites.