PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Shopping List 2011 - Boys

missym
11-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Let's share gift ideas! List ages and what you're planning to give.

KrisM
11-14-2011, 09:36 PM
My lists include things that we are getting him as well as ideas I'm sharing with others. Not everything will be purchased :)

DS1 (7.5 years)
Spy Gear Video Trakr
DS games: Professor Laytons, New Super Mario Bros.
Spy stuff - door alarm, capture camera, Lazer trip wire
K'nex Motors
Crayon Maker
Rokenbok Crane, Transgripper, Police Defender
CSI: walkie talkies, Crime Solving Kit
Cribbage board
Tie Die Latch Hook kit (12x12 version)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid books
PC game: Plants vs. Zombies
Board games:
- Stomple
- Ticket to Ride
- Sorry Sliders
- Life
- Screwball Scramble
The Name of this book is Secret book
Joke CD
Gyroscope,
20Q game
Code book
Brainiacs puzzle book
Bean bag

DS2 (3.5 years)
GeoTrax Batcave
GeoTrax Joker's Lair
Darda Race Track
Leapfrog Phonics Desk
Kid K'nex Railroad Pals
Duplo Firestation
Connect 4 Launcers
Doodle Bear
Wedgits Expansion set and cards
Buzz Lightyear spaceship command center
Imaginext Bat Cave
Imaginext Bat Helicopter
Doodle Pro
Yahtzee Jr
Police dress up
Buzz Lightyear dress up
Play doh Burer Builder
Imaginext Space vehicle
Imaginext Penguin
Darda bump cars
Wallet
Leapster game: Crayola Art

Those look like long lists! I tried to make it things they really want while keeping in themes so I don't have too many brand new things coming in.

kijip
11-15-2011, 12:18 AM
For T, age 8.5:

Want: iTouch (handmedown 4th gen) in a new case with Lego Life of George:
http://george.lego.com/en-us/products/life-of-george/

Read: A Wrinkle in Time Quintet

Wear: Scarf (homemade), Threadless t-shirt

Need: Bike helmet

Santa: Lego Master Builder pt 1, Razor Scooter, Hex bug thing

Total: $171 including cc and lego rewards points

For F, age JUST 3 two days after Xmas:

Want: Leapfrog Explorer+Pixar Pals game

Read: 2 Mo Williams books: Should I share my ice cream and We are in a book

Wear: Homemade scarf and a threadless t-shirt

Need: Dinosaur quilt bedding (handmedown but long stored away so totally new to him) + a Threadless sweatshirt since we bought it and we have decided not to move him to a big bed soon...staying in crib for now so the bedding will be surplus till then

Santa: Thomas and Friends Deluxe Roundhouse, a Triceratops dinosaur and a few small play kitchen accessories that I found in the garage.

Total: $149 including cc points

Our budget was $400 for both of them so I feel good about staying under that, with even less of that being cash since I used a lot of cc and other rewards/dividend dollars to buy stuff

kristac
11-15-2011, 09:45 AM
All three boys:I want to make some people blocks with our family members like this:
http://pinterest.com/pin/207389358/

DS1- (turning 7 so birthday ideas as well)
already have- beyblades and travel stadium
slamwich
perplexus
qwirkle
Klutz- lego crazy action contraptions
Klutz- paper airplane book
Imaginext green lantern jet
meon- cars 2 interactive animation studio
Raskullz (mohawk)
M&D stencils (insects) http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Textured-Stencils-Life/dp/B003AHE20E/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1322955345&sr=1-2
superhero cape
LEGO Star Wars Freeco Speeder (8085)
Lego Atlantis Undersea Explorer (8080)
a bunch of little lego sets from Target clearence
ikea crank flashlight
walkie talkie
snow boots
Madlibs
asking for- pokemon toys (specifically happy meal toys :P )
Cars 2 video game (PS3 game is rated 10+ so I'm thinking of getting the Plug & Play TV game from Jax Pacific)
star wars toys
"blank" lego idea book -he likes this book but asked me to tell the store to leave it blank so he can put his own ideas in it. http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ideas-Book-Daniel-Lipkowitz/dp/0756686067/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322341807&sr=8-1
green lantern http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-Ring-Blast-Jet/dp/B004UUKLT6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I391ZH4JM3RO7S&colid=2KY1H4HD3NTBU
santa list: "army crew of army people"
legos- specifically "9 sets of underground legos... like from cat in the hat when the thingamajig shrinks them" ?????? (thinking about the Star Wars advent calender and/ or Star Wars Brickmaster book)
"k'nex t-rex" ????? randomly enough it does look like they make a dino set... hmmmm
calender
christmas decorations
toy elf- got stuffed elf on the shelf
any random toy in a flyer or on the shelf that catches his eye
definately getting- 2011 hess truck
Lego Star Wars Padawan Menace DVD
DH all but promised him a new bike (I was going to wait until summer)
maybe- Rory Story Cubes
Simon's Cat (book)
Leapfrog globe (if I can find a deal)
fishing gear
camping tent
christmas hexbugs
Target Lego Spot giftcard

DS2- 4.5
already have- a few action figures
haba castles knights game
National Geographic Electronic Dino Xcavator
Ikea crank flashlights http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30190857/
some little lego sets from Target clearence
walkie talkie
sticky mosaics dragons
M&D stencils (sealife) http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Textured-Stencils-Life/dp/B003AHE20E/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1322955345&sr=1-2
M&D paint your own dinosaurs
Tag solar system and Cars 2 book
superhero cape
ty beanie chameleon
busytown game
Playskool Super Hero Adventure Crime Fighter Headquarter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050Q3P74/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Imaginext Joker Funhouse
Imaginext Villians (might be overkill ?)
Asking for- fishing gear
legos
"toy christmas tree"
Imaginext Pterodactyl http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-W1907-Imaginext-Pterodactyl-Dino/dp/B004XA4AH2/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1323045660&sr=1-1
maybe- older model hess firetruck if I can score one or bruder truck
raskullz
remo drum
christmas hexbugs

DS3- was 2 at Thanksgiving so birthday list as well
got for bday- potato head and disney accessories
thinkativity musical animals- hate this, it's going back- the magnet is not strong enough to hold the base unit up.
m&d sound puzzle
ikea play food
Baby! Talk! by Penny Gentieu
FP Grow to Pro Bball hoop
LeapFrog My Discovery House
toobaloo/ talk and listen phone
have for christmas-sled
Poke-a-Dot: Old MacDonald's Farm
Aquaplay aquabox http://www.amazon.com/AQUAPLAY-A503-AquaPlay-AquaBox/dp/B0015XQTUQ/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_t_2
wheely bug (large- bee)
M&D chunky puzzle
dinosaur poncho towel
santa potato head
Smart Snacks Gingerbread House Sorter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035EQDVI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Smart Snacks Trail Mix and Match
Baby Babble 2 DVD
probably-bike helmet- raskullz
maybe-play tent
P'kolino Multi-Solution Shape Puzzle
P'kolino Mix and Match Puzzle
whistle/ flute?
Alex Tub Tunes Water Drums
Mini Sea Sound Drum Musical Toy
art supplies

<disclaimer- this is a working list and includes ideas for grands and great grands, uncle/aunts, etc. also includes birthdays.... my kids will not be getting everything on the list.>

<disclaimer to the disclaimer... I spoil my kids :bag >

KrisM
11-15-2011, 10:27 AM
DS1-
Leapfrog globe (if I can find a deal)
perplexus (regular or rookie?)
meon
walkie talkies

DS1 loves his Leapfrog globe. I bought it used and it is great!
Perplexus - regular for sure. DS1 got it for his 6th birthday and can do all 100 of it. I think the rookie would be too easy to master. I considered the Epic for Christmas here.
Meon - what is this? I am not understanding from the reviews!
Walkie talkies - DS1 has the Lego walkie talkies and they work really well. The kids play with them quite often and they're fun that they look like Lego (just a sticker).

mommylamb
11-15-2011, 10:31 AM
DS (age 4.5). Several of our relatives/friends in England sent money over with MIL when she visited us recently, so I need to buy presents for him that will come from them. We also do both Christmas and Hanukkah.

From Santa: Fisher Price Smart Cycle 3-D Racer-- If you have feedback on this, I'd be really interested to hear it!
From MIL's best friend: Hot Wheels game for Smart Cycle
From SIL3: Disney Pixar game for Smart Cycle
From MIL: Dumbo and Lion King DVDs
From SIL1: ???? Maybe Beyblades???
From DH and me for Hanukkah: Magnaformers
From DH and me for Christmas: Hess Truck, Books, Sled, Clothes, an Apron, Sorry (the board game), ???

arivecchi
11-15-2011, 12:12 PM
DS1:

alarm clock (maybe)
imaginext adventures castle
imaginext sea dragon boat
imaginext captain hook island (maybe)
imaginext royal ship (maybe)
fisher price t-rex mountain (maybe)
imaginext space pod
imaginext clayface
imaginext sea dragon island
imaginext serpent ship
imaginext green lantern planet
imaginext samurai castle

DS2:

black and decker work bench and tools
haba dragon rug
rain boots
melissa and doug costumes
hot wheels raceway
cars2 world grand prix
imaginext fire truck set
melissa and doug puzzles
books
bookcase

willow33
11-15-2011, 07:50 PM
DS1 (8.5)
Wii Band Hero
Wii Go Vacation
Lego Set

DS2 (6.5)
refurbished ipod touch with case
Wii Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Hot Wheels Wall Tracks

BeachBum
11-15-2011, 10:04 PM
working list...

6 yr
"Perplexus Maze Game by PlaSmart, Inc."
"Melissa & Doug Deluxe Magic Set"
"Raskullz Shark Attax Bike Helmet
Skate Board
Remote control helicopter
case for itouch--probably will give him my old phone
bey blades
wii game

3 yr old Twins
"Rabbit In Hat Puppet"
"Tomy Constructables trucks that can be put together
"Magna-Tiles Working Trucks"
piggy banks
imaginext

Group gifts
"Automoblox Mini A9 /M9 /X9-X 3-Pack by Automoblox"
"Hot Wheels Speed and Splash Duel Playset"
Basket Ball Goal for the driveway
Little tikes bounce house
walkie talkies
hex bugs

jgenie
11-16-2011, 11:12 AM
All three boys:
I want to make some people blocks with our family members like this:
http://pinterest.com/pin/207389358/

Have you figured out how you're going to do this? We live away from our families and I'm hoping to make these for my guys to bring their cousins into their everyday play. I have the blocks and am in the process of collecting the pictures.

Jai
11-16-2011, 04:07 PM
DS will be three in February. He is getting:

Hot Wheels Case about 1/3 full of cars
Learning Carpets "City" play rug
Fisher Price Little Wheelies Rampway
WordWorld game
Melissa and Doug 24 piece transportation puzzle
Global Wonders DVD
Alphabet book (Van Fleet)
Duplo Play With Letters
Wonderworld Tool Bench

jennilynn
11-17-2011, 01:10 PM
We're doing "want, need, wear, read" for gift this year, so toys will be minimal (from us anyway.)
DS1 is 3 and he's getting a pirate chest with lock from us and the Melissa and Doug folding medieval castle from my parents. DS2 is 1 and he's getting a dinosaur tent/fort from us and a Pic 'n' Pop from my parents. They're also getting an IKEA play kitchen with some new play food from Santa.

jerigirl
11-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Have you figured out how you're going to do this? We live away from our families and I'm hoping to make these for my guys to bring their cousins into their everyday play. I have the blocks and am in the process of collecting the pictures.

Mod Podge!

GaPeach_in_Ca
11-23-2011, 01:18 PM
My lists are pretty much done, everthing is purchased except for the books

7.25 yr old DS
Lego Hogwarts Castle
Skylander Wii game
Snap Circuits Jr
Glow in the dark nano bugs & habitat from Costco (from brother)
Harry Potter Movies 1-6
Can you Keep a secret books, 1-4
Ornament

For his stocking:
Oil pastels, skylander figure, 1 nano bug, 2 Lego Minifigs, Phinneas (of P&F) pez dispenser, mini lego set

3.75 DS:
Playmobil Zoo
PBK Batman backpack & lunch box
Razor Scooter & helmet
Ninjago spinners & small Ninjago set
Power Rangers action figures set from Costco (from brother)
Elephant & Piggie books, 4
Ornament, My Fourth Christmas

Stocking:
Build-a-Bear Power Ranger outfit, Build-a-Bear football, Disney Cars pez dispenser, 2 Playmboil mystery figures, mini lego set

My parents are giving older DS Lego Harry Potter Hogwarts (can combine with the bigger castle) and younger DS Playmobil Asian Zoo

wimama
11-23-2011, 08:22 PM
5 year old -

-Star Wars Trench Run Set - The Wow gift
-Playmobil Fire Trucks - Engine & Ladder Truck - from gift stash
-Star Wars Operation
-Playmat/Storage for Star Wars Figures
-Star Wars themed Jammies, slipper socks, underwear, & winter hat
-2 Lego Star Wars Books
-LeapFrog Explorer Camera attachment and Cars 2 game

Stocking Stuffers- Lego Star Wars DVD, Veggies Tales DVD, a few Lego Minifigures, 3 Beyblades and a little bit of candy.

Other than that his only gifts he is likely to receive are the ones from my parents, who I shopped for this year. He is getting the Cars 2 DVD, Star Wars Landcruiser ship, a pack of Star Wars Figures and Jammies.

anne-girl
11-24-2011, 03:57 PM
DS will be 20 months.

Already bought: Wegits starter set (this one is safe for the under-3 set... couldn't pass it up at a consignment shop!)

Still dithering about: Ikea Duktig play kitchen and play pots/food. Not sure whether he'd play with it much for the amount of room it'll take up!

On his wish list (won't get all of this--more of an idea list for relatives:

- chicco play n ride train
- a playset (eg Ikea Landet farm set, Playmobil 1.2.3 Noah’s Ark set)
- Melissa and Doug Fill and Spill tools
- math toy stacker like Kid O counting discs set
- Playskool nesting barrels
- Fisher Price basics Stack and Roll cups
- Ikea Lillabo toy cars
- puppets
- Aquadoodle
- inflatable stationary bouncing toy (eg Trumpette cow)
- Gertie ball (soft, inflatable squishy ball)
- LeapFrog alphabet magnets set

His book list is way way longer... he's a voracious reader!

crl
11-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Does anyone else wish we could go back to doing the gift idea threads by age? My 20 month old dd likes pretty much the same toys as 20 month old boys, but has no interest in the toys for 8 year old girls, kwim?

Catherine

wimama
11-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Does anyone else wish we could go back to doing the gift idea threads by age? My 20 month old dd likes pretty much the same toys as 20 month old boys, but has no interest in the toys for 8 year old girls, kwim?

Catherine

I do love those threads. But, were those Holiday gift idea threads or after the holiday thread review the presents?

elbenn
11-26-2011, 12:31 PM

I posted a link to making similar blocks on an ornament craft thread.

http://thecraftingchicks.com/2009/12/homemade-block-ornaments.html

crl
11-26-2011, 12:48 PM
I do love those threads. But, were those Holiday gift idea threads or after the holiday thread review the presents?

I think both used to be done by age. I just think divisions by age make more sense than divisions by gender.

Catherine

hillview
11-26-2011, 03:16 PM
I think both used to be done by age. I just think divisions by age make more sense than divisions by gender.

Catherine
:yeahthat:

jgenie
11-26-2011, 03:25 PM
I posted a link to making similar blocks on an ornament craft thread.

http://thecraftingchicks.com/2009/12/homemade-block-ornaments.html

Thank you!!

kristac
11-26-2011, 04:35 PM
His book list is way way longer... he's a voracious reader!
share please :)

AlbrightRC
11-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Looking at this post and realizing how seriously spoiled my 3 1/2 year old is going to be this christmas

missym
11-26-2011, 09:02 PM

Catherine

Sorry - I just went by what had been done last year when I noticed none had been started yet. It was kind of a busy time. ;) Hopefully next year we can remember to start them by age group.

KrisM
11-26-2011, 09:54 PM
edited because I misunderstood!

crl
11-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Sorry - I just went by what had been done last year when I noticed none had been started yet. It was kind of a busy time. ;) Hopefully next year we can remember to start them by age group.

No problem. I think last year was the first divided by gender instead of age. And obviously some people prefer it that way.

I like having just 2 threads to read, instead of having to check and post in 2 different ones for 2 boys. Everyone posts the ages anyway. Besides, if you divide it up and say boys 3-5 or something, you still have a big range. I guess if you did 1 thread per year old, it might be easier, but that seems like a lot of threads!

It was always a range, but small enough to be manageable. And there was NO gender division. It was kids 3-5 not boys 3-5. Now if I want to see every idea for my 20 month old, I have to read both threads. In my world, girls play with trucks and boys play with kitchens so its not like gender divisons of toys are meaningful or helpful in sorting out what my kids might like. And the threads are so much longer this way, it's a lot to wade through with much of it being totally irrelevant to what I am looking for.

Catherine

KrisM
11-27-2011, 12:03 AM

crl
11-27-2011, 12:39 AM
People have different ways of looking for information. I'd rather look at one page than a bunch of different ones. I'm lazy. I don't want to have to open the age 3 thread, and maybe age 4 incase something there would work for DS2, then the ages 5 and 6 for DD and 7, 8, and probably 9 for DS1. Just a different way to do it works for different people, that's all.

But don't you have to open the girls thread too? Or do you assume that there is no overlap in interests? I just don't see gender lines as that rigid or meaningful in terms of toys. At least 90 percent of the toys in our house are gender neutral by nearly anyone's standards (rocking horse, activity cube, unit blocks, etc, etc). What makes a toy a "boy" toy and not a "girl" toy?

Catherine

KrisM
11-27-2011, 01:03 AM

crl
11-27-2011, 01:15 AM
I'm not sure why it's a problem that others might like the threads like this and you don't. I'm sure there are people who agree with you as well. I was just giving my opinion, since the question was asked.

Umm, you are the one who started arguing with me? I asked if anyone else prefered the division by age. Then you said you didn't and made it seem like you thought even if it was divided by age it would still be divided by gender, which is totally not what I meant. (And I'm still not getting how you get to seven threads? It would be three or so infant and toddler, preschooler and grade schooler is approximately how they were previously done I think.) When I explained that I meant no gender divison and why, you kept going with how this way is so much easier . . . . It is fine with me if you like it this way. And if most other people do too then by all means this is the way it should be.

Catherine

MontrealMum
11-27-2011, 02:13 AM
I think that there are many ways to look for information - obviously - that's what I'm trained to do, LOL. But in this specific case I do prefer to click only on the long "boys" thread, and the long "girls" thread. I've got a kid that's young for his age emotionally, but advanced in some skills, which would result in me clicking on everything from age 2-7 or so, which is much more time consuming that just 2 giant gender divided threads.

And even though I only have one DC and he's a boy, yes, I do look at the girls thread too. DS is very "boy" with most of his preferences but we do try to be non-gender specific and I like to know everything that's out there ;) It seems to be so much easier than clicking on all of the age threads, vs. just 2 by gender. And even though I only have one kiddo myself I'm buying for several children total - both boy and girl.

In any case here's what I've bought so far...

For DS, who will be 4 yrs 4 mos at Xmas:
-Moon in my room
-M&D Mini stable w/ 12pc, flocked horses set
-Lincoln Logs
-Star theater
-Playmobil animal nursery
-Play kitchen
-felt food for kitchen
-coffee maker and wooden condiments for kitchen
-several puzzles
-a variety of toys saved from my own childhood (not part of his formal gift)
-more Thomas stuff
-books!

For DN who is 17:
a g/c to a local bookstore (what he asked for)
a cool graphic t-shirt

For DN who is 10:
have not yet decided but may also buy a bookstore g/c or book related things including a pocket book light or similar. I know this seems very unexciting but the kid is a real bookworm and his parents aren't at all.

KrisM
11-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Umm, you are the one who started arguing with me? I asked if anyone else prefered the division by age. Then you said you didn't and made it seem like you thought even if it was divided by age it would still be divided by gender, which is totally not what I meant. (And I'm still not getting how you get to seven threads? It would be three or so infant and toddler, preschooler and grade schooler is approximately how they were previously done I think.) When I explained that I meant no gender divison and why, you kept going with how this way is so much easier . . . . It is fine with me if you like it this way. And if most other people do too then by all means this is the way it should be.

Catherine

sorry. I'll edit my posts. I thought you were asking for others opinions, rather than just sharing yours. Clearly, I misunderstood! Very sorry!

KrisM
11-27-2011, 05:43 PM
I-a variety of toys saved from my own childhood (not part of his formal gift)

For DN who is 10:
have not yet decided but may also buy a bookstore g/c or book related things including a pocket book light or similar. I know this seems very unexciting but the kid is a real bookworm and his parents aren't at all.

Very cool that you've saved things! My mom has a few things out at her house, like my old FP doll house and the kids love it.

My old boss did not enjoy reading and had a really hard time understanding why her youngest would just read for hours at a time. So nice that you are supporting that if her parents might not be!

MontrealMum
11-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Very cool that you've saved things! My mom has a few things out at her house, like my old FP doll house and the kids love it.

My old boss did not enjoy reading and had a really hard time understanding why her youngest would just read for hours at a time. So nice that you are supporting that if her parents might not be!

I finally got the time to go into my storage facility down here and get out the toys. He's getting a bunch of stuffed animals, a fisher price house and a ton of people, Lincoln logs and a few other random things. I couldn't find the Tinker Toys so I think I may not have kept them. He's also getting all the age appropriate books that were mine when I was a kid. It makes me feel all warm inside that he'll be using my things :)

My poor DN's - there's a boy and a girl - love to read and their parents don't at all. I could read all day long so I feel a kinship with them.

crl
11-27-2011, 10:45 PM
sorry. I'll edit my posts. I thought you were asking for others opinions, rather than just sharing yours. Clearly, I misunderstood! Very sorry!

No sorry, we still seem to just be not communicating at all. But I am sure it just isn't all that important anyway.

Catherine

elephantmeg
11-28-2011, 05:40 AM
DS 5.75
star wars remote control tank
xxl legos (walmart black friday deal)
wii star wars lego (the one that combines all the movies)
2 sets of erector sets (costco)
angry birds knock on wood game

DN (4)
cape I made with spider man on one side and batman on the other
teenage mutant ninja turtles figures
DS game

DN (1)
Fisher-Price World of Little People Pop and Surprise Train (walmart black friday deal for $20)

essnce629
11-28-2011, 07:19 AM
I haven't really bought much yet, but I have some ideas about what I want to get. DBF's parents and grandparents have bought the kids stuff already and those gifts are included on the list.

DS1 (8 yrs old)

Already have:
Atlantis and Star Wars Lego sets
Cyclaws Remote Control Vehicle
Spy Net: Spy Strike Laser Dueling System (laser tag set)

Thinking of getting:
Books (He wants some Goosebumps, Magic Tree House, 39 Clues, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid)
Games (Possibly Dominion, Guess Who Mix & Mash, Payday, Find It, and/or Toss Up)
Crayola Glow Book
Crystal Mining Kit
Children's cookbook and a set of Curious Chef knives and vegetable peeler
Wii video game (either Ben 10 or Lego)

DS2 (2 1/2 yrs old)

Already have:
Number Train floor puzzle
Basketball, football, baseball, and soccer board books
Richard Scarry Busy Town board game
Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Classic Doodler

Thinking of getting:
Art supplies (stampers, markers, colored pencils, scissors, crayons)
Kumon First Steps Workbooks
Melissa & Doug Jigsaw in a Box puzzles
Go Away Monster board game
Mini soccer ball and basketball
Melissa & Doug Joey Magnetic Dress-Up (already have, but not sure if I'll give it to him now or for his 3rd birthday)
Mini Kick Scooter (already have, but not sure if I'll give it to him now or for his 3rd birthday)

GaPeach_in_Ca
11-28-2011, 01:40 PM
wii star wars lego (the one that combines all the movies)

My kids got this last year and they both really like it! (DSs are 7 and 3.5)

Hippoharbor
12-02-2011, 04:56 PM
XBOX 360 250 kb with Kinect (got TRU $100 gc with purchase) w/ following games:
-Kinect sports
-kinect sports 2
-Dance central 2
-Toy story
-kinect joy ride
-lego star wars
-plants vs. zombies
-skylander
Ninetendo 3DS (got a 'repackaged' one for $110!; the contents weren't ever removed from box) with the following games:
-Mario 3D land
-Sonic generation
-Nintendogs french bulldogs
-Starfox 3D
-Pokemon Rumble blast
Lego Pharoah's quest scorpion pyramid
Lego TRU truck
Nerf gun Maverick
St Louis Cardinal's pillow pet
weaving loom kit
model airplane kit
rock kits
pokemon cards
R.C. Beyblade
Fathead David Freese life-size poster
football
Board games:
-Ticket to Ride
-Toy Story Operation
-Spongebob monopoly
-Connect 4 launchers
-Simon Flash
-Stress-free chess
-Uno
-rory's story cubes
-Clue
-bananagrams
BOOKS: He got several; one of my faves is "The Buck Book: All sorts of things to do with dollar bill besides spend it"...even comes with a one dollar bill.

I figured it up last night how much I saved by shopping bargains and it was very significant. Thank you, fellow BBB'ers. Fortunately, my ex and I split the bill (I do the shopping), so I only have to pay half :)

Kaylee31
12-06-2011, 07:10 PM
For DS, almost 2.5:

Thomas take-n-play sets & trains
Leapfrog Explorer & games
Iplay deluxe build-a-road
Automoblox minis
Bruder fire truck
Alex bath toys
M&D tabletop easel, crayons & coloring pads
Books & puzzles
Wheely bee (couldn't pass up the YoYo deal)
Plasma car

swissair81
12-20-2011, 02:38 PM
For DS (3 years):

Educo Play Food (salad set)
Kidcraft Espresso Mixer (to be shared with DD2)
Playmobil 1-2-3 Zoo

The play food is from my parents, and the zoo is from DH & I.

new_mommy25
12-21-2011, 04:53 AM
DS, age 8

Super Mario 3D Land
Mario ear buds
Razor rip rider trike
chess set
Pokemon monopoly
Nerf gun
Several books: a couple manga and D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths

Hippoharbor
12-21-2011, 04:53 PM
DS, age 8

Super Mario 3D Land
Mario ear buds
Razor rip rider trike
chess set
Pokemon monopoly
Nerf gun
Several books: a couple manga and D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths

NewMommy, where did you get the pokemon monopoly? The only ones I found were on Ebay for $$$$.