PDA

View Full Version : ISO Vitamix deal

ourbabygirl
11-14-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm back again asking :bowdown: if anyone knows of a Vitamix deal... DH still wants one (maybe a 5200 version, but I guess it doesn't matter too much), but I thought I'd ask again here before paying full retail price.
When I called Bed, Bath, & Beyond this summer, they said I could use a 20% off coupon, but now I see (& the people at the store told DH) that we can't (it's listed in their exclusions at the bottom of the coupon).

I know a lot of people here have gotten theirs from Costco, but I don't see the 'roadshow' coming to ours anytime soon (at least according to their website), and DH doesn't want to wait months.

Any ideas? We do want a new one in case we have to deal with warranty issues...

Thanks so much! :)

elbenn
11-14-2011, 11:52 PM
The cheapest I've seen them for was a coupon for 25% off at Macys that stacked with a 40% promo, which made the Vitamix $343. That was a really good deal, but that was a couple of months ago. Anyway, I'm posting this because you might want to keep a lookout for a Macys coupon. Also, maybe you could sign up for a Slickdeals alert in case any deal comes up.

justlearning
11-14-2011, 11:59 PM
In case you're also considering its competitor Blendtec, Costco has the Blendtec on a special deal right now:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11678504&cm_mmc=BCEmail_Nov11MVM-_-Header-_-2-_-MarketingItemName

ahisma
11-15-2011, 12:22 AM
I called them and they matched the Costco price, more or less. I don't remember the specifics, but they did something. They threw in some spatulas and cutting mats too.

mezzona
11-15-2011, 02:53 AM
some costcos carry them even though the roadshow isn't running at that location at that time. I called the second closest one to me and they had some in stock.

blastomom
11-15-2011, 09:36 PM
They also do roadshows at the military department stores/exchanges. When we got ours they were slightly higher in price than the Costco deal, but at the exchange it was not only tax free, but it came with the extra dry container. If you have access or know someone who does and would like to buy you a nice gift, you might be able to find one that way.