PDA

View Full Version : How much for this Cam? UPDATE

atx
11-15-2011, 03:32 AM
There's a denim Cam on my Craigslist, they're asking for $550 but I think it's too much. What would you offer? Most people list their regular Cam's around $400(although I don't know what they actually sell for). Here's the listing:

Finally have to buy a double stroller and unfortunately have no more use for this great Bugaboo Stroller.
Great all-around stroller. Includes both Bassinet and seat. Bassinet is good for early baby stages and seat for later stages.

This is the Bugaboo Cameleon Limited Denim Edition. Great for boy or girl. I am including the pink breezy canopy as an extra.
Other extras included are:
- cup holder
- carseat adaptors
- rain cover
- UV protection net
- mosquito net
- DVD and instruction manual

This stroller is in excellent condition. Wife always took extremely good care of it. Take a look at the pics!
Bought for over $1,000 so $550 offer is a very good deal.

mom3boys
11-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Seems a little high. I just bought and then sold a Cam to justify keeping some other strollers, LOL (I tried it out, of course). I sold it for $450 with a ton of accessories--basically what you have listed below PLUS the footmuff and the travel bag, which are very expensive on their own. It is not a limited edition or anything, but in excellent condition (2008 model). So I would think this should be about $450 as well, since it is a limited edition but without those other accessories.

poohbear
11-15-2011, 10:59 AM
someone on swap was (maybe still is) selling a denim cam for like $300.

I would not pay more than $400 for a cam with accessories but that's me...

swissair81
11-15-2011, 11:18 AM
someone on swap was (maybe still is) selling a denim cam for like $300.

I would not pay more than $400 for a cam with accessories but that's me...

That cam is in far from excellent condition though.

poohbear
11-15-2011, 03:59 PM
That cam is in far from excellent condition though.

True, but for $250 difference, I'd clean it up. I bought a cam in excellent condition for $350 with a lot of accessories (2 fabric sets, footmuff, cupholder, carseat adapter). I didn't love it and sold it, but I still wouldn't pay more than $400 for a cam. Unless they're faded or the brake isn't working (which can soemtimes be fixed) or the chassis is super banged up, you can always clean one up - that's one of the nice things about the cam/frog - SUPER easy to wash and make look new...

nmstrong
11-15-2011, 09:38 PM
True, but for $250 difference, I'd clean it up. I bought a cam in excellent condition for $350 with a lot of accessories (2 fabric sets, footmuff, cupholder, carseat adapter). I didn't love it and sold it, but I still wouldn't pay more than $400 for a cam. Unless they're faded or the brake isn't working (which can soemtimes be fixed) or the chassis is super banged up, you can always clean one up - that's one of the nice things about the cam/frog - SUPER easy to wash and make look new...

Totally true.
I recently got my like new 2009 cam with all original accessories for 350$ shipped from a swapper.
I have gotten and found a few for friends and myself in the past on my craigslist that looked kinda nasty in the 200-300$ range and cleaned up really nice.
My friend actually just picked one up last week that had a broken brake and was super dirty for 100. She cleaned it up (it was disgusting) and her husband fixed the break and she found a new black canvas tailered set for 50$ on cl. It looks awesome now....

atx
11-16-2011, 11:49 PM
He said he would take $450 but I'm supposed to go see it and let him know what I think. I've never seen the denim Cam IRL

atx
11-19-2011, 01:24 PM
So there's a Sand Cam in a nearby town for $250 and a denim fabric kit on swap in EUC for $65...would that essentially be the same thing? Is there anything different about the limited edition denim Cam that the Sand Cam wouldn't have?

I'm going to see if I can get him down to $400 when I go see it, since that's what I offered in the first place. The understanding was that I would look at it and decide on whether I wanted it when I saw it so we don't have a verbal agreement to purchase and he's not "saving it for me.

poohbear
11-19-2011, 04:49 PM
So there's a Sand Cam in a nearby town for $250 and a denim fabric kit on swap in EUC for $65...would that essentially be the same thing? Is there anything different about the limited edition denim Cam that the Sand Cam wouldn't have?

I'm going to see if I can get him down to $400 when I go see it, since that's what I offered in the first place. The understanding was that I would look at it and decide on whether I wanted it when I saw it so we don't have a verbal agreement to purchase and he's not "saving it for me.

Yes, that's the same - nothing different about the denim cam unless it's the special edition black frame.

As for negotiating when you get there, I personally really dislike when a buyer does that. I expect all negotiations to be done beforehand, and you have already done that. He said he would take $450. It's most likely a waste of both of your time to go look and offer less IMO unless there is something wrong with the stroller that he did not disclose. This is my opinion, others may disagree, but that is my biggest CL pet peeve.

atx
11-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Like I said, I had never told him I would purchase it. He's the one that suggested for me to come look at it, even though i offered $400, I think in the hopes that I would fall in love with it when I saw it IRL and pay what he wanted. I personally think that's a slightly different situation than agreeing to a price for purchase and saying you'll buy it and then renegotiating when you get there. But I can email him again before I go see it and see how motivated he is to sell, if the other way seems offensive

swissair81
11-19-2011, 08:42 PM
I agree with Pooh. If a buyer came to my door and started renegotiating, I don't think I would sell it to him/her.

atx
11-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Sure, I can see that. I've had that happen to me before too but I've found it more annoying when the price was set and the agreement was made to purchase, rather than when they just wanted to come see the item in person without any agreement made to purchase. That said, it's easy enough to just email him again and tell him the situation before meeting up with him and see if he'll re-consider his price.

atx
11-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Update: Called the guy before I went over there and told him the straight up story, that I could get the sand Cam and the denim swap set for $315 total and I couldn't pay more than$400 for his stroller and he accepted.
So now I'm the owner of a denim Cam, with additional pink breezy canopy....which means I have to sell my Vista ASAP.... :)

poohbear
11-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Sure, I can see that. I've had that happen to me before too but I've found it more annoying when the price was set and the agreement was made to purchase, rather than when they just wanted to come see the item in person without any agreement made to purchase. That said, it's easy enough to just email him again and tell him the situation before meeting up with him and see if he'll re-consider his price.

I think every situation is that someone is coming to look with the intention of buying when you're talking about something used. So I still go with my original theory :)

Update: Called the guy before I went over there and told him the straight up story, that I could get the sand Cam and the denim swap set for $315 total and I couldn't pay more than$400 for his stroller and he accepted.
So now I'm the owner of a denim Cam, with additional pink breezy canopy....which means I have to sell my Vista ASAP.... :)

Perfect - great deal, and I'm sure he was happy to know you would be coming and picking it up for the agreed upon price!

That said, I have learned that I tell buyers before they come what the price is so there's no negotiating when we meet up....