PDA

View Full Version : Macy's One Day Sale Preview Day is today!

overcome
11-15-2011, 09:47 AM
One day sale is tomorrow. There are some great buys. Here is a coupon for $10 off $25

http://akimages.crossmediaservices.com/listingimages/Retailers/macys/Coupons/36478_102.pdf

I'd been eyeing a multi-pot for days. It was $150 and is now $79! Yippee! Buying it as a Christmas present for myself from my parents.

jvs195
11-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Good coupon - unfortunately only good until 1PM both days.

lowrioh
11-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Good coupon - unfortunately only good until 1PM both days.

But they are opening most stores early...7AM tomorrow.

JustMe
11-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Can the coupon be used on-line? If so, are there any codes for free shipping?

sea*gal
11-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Went to Macy's early today to get dh a winter jacket. Tried to use coupon on coat and it wouldn't work, even though it was not a morning special. Then tried to use coupon on sweater for niece. Wouldn't work because it was an everyday price item. Went to use it on sleepware, but the prices had been marked up from what I had purchased several weeks ago. Certainly there were some items (just not the ones I wanted) where the coupon worked and others that were marked down for the day, but it was very annoying to have so many exclusions. Lots of fine print to that coupon, believe me. And I like Macy's otherwise. But this makes me less likely to rush back early for a coupon sale anytime soon.

Tinochka
11-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Went to Macy's early today to get dh a winter jacket. Tried to use coupon on coat and it wouldn't work, even though it was not a morning special. Then tried to use coupon on sweater for niece. Wouldn't work because it was an everyday price item. Went to use it on sleepware, but the prices had been marked up from what I had purchased several weeks ago. Certainly there were some items (just not the ones I wanted) where the coupon worked and others that were marked down for the day, but it was very annoying to have so many exclusions. Lots of fine print to that coupon, believe me. And I like Macy's otherwise. But this makes me less likely to rush back early for a coupon sale anytime soon.
I have to agree with that. We used to have even a CC with them, but items which I wanted always were excluded;(
Once I found a hat for DH, rechecked if it’s on sale (was, checked DPCI), tried to use 10$ off... It took me some time to convince the sale person, that I was right. At the end, I felt that I own this $10;) :(

mimi2008
11-16-2011, 02:16 AM
i bought a bunch k-cups (18 count boxes) $11.99-12.99 each, plus if have a macy's card, you probably also have star rewards pass giving an extra 20% off when you enter the promo code.

mum-to-be
11-16-2011, 04:29 AM

Yes, those coupons are impossible to use. Very annoying.

overcome
11-16-2011, 08:32 AM

That stinks that you had such a disappointing shopping trip. I can not stand when that happens. So frustrating.

I had the opposite experience. I had three of those coupons and was able to use all of them (two on kitchen items, one on women's pajamas).

I want to go back today, but DH is SO not interested in Christmas shopping yet and I need ideas from him for DSDs. I suppose I could buy some items, bring them home to see what DH thinks, and return them he doesn't think they'd make good gifts.

I'm new to regular shopping at Macy's, so I'm not disenchanted with their coupons, sales, etc., yet. Now Gymboree, that's another story.

hellokitty
11-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Ugh, I HATE their, "everyday value" exclusions. I stopped buying boys clothes there, b/c most of it is, "everyday value," so it's excluded from any coupons. I have only had luck with some housewares and purses.

Babymakes3
11-16-2011, 11:31 AM
I am about to go try to buy new towels there...hoping they are on sale and my coupons work!

kristabelle
11-16-2011, 12:44 PM
No issues for me, and I used two coupons. Best deal was three long sleeved rugby shirts for $20 after the coupon. Even if my husband only wears them around the house, it was worth it. I am going back today to find some clothes for my daughter.

billysmommy
11-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Thank you for posting this!!!

I bought the boys some Christmas clothes there last week ~ sweater vests for each of them and a pair of black dress slacks for Ds1. I paid $62.78 then.

Everything was a better price today so I rebought and returned the vests and slacks. Plus I grabbed Ds2 a bathrobe that he's been wanting. I split them into 2 orders so I would be able to use 2 coupons. I paid $49.86 today for the 2 sweater vests, dress slacks and a bathrobe :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Babymakes3
11-16-2011, 02:25 PM
I am about to go try to buy new towels there...hoping they are on sale and my coupons work!

Sooo my towels were on sale and I found a sweater/tunic that i've been wanting on sale too! I split my purchase so I could use 2 coupons but I should I have printed 3! Still a good deal though...

Oh you'd have thought it was black friday judging by the parking lot, it took me a while to find a parking space and the store was crazy!

NCGrandma
11-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Also had good luck finding towels on sale (actually, the pricier bath sheets) -- I had gotten 2 sets recently using a couple of $10 off coupons I had, and was able to get 1 more set with today's $10 off coupon. But the best deal I found was in women's clothing! I found a sweater that was normally $44 for 50% off -- when I said to the sales clerk that maybe I should add a pair of socks or something so I could use my $10 off $25 coupon, she just took $10 off the total and said 'I'm really tired of this sale' :) Didn't even have to use my other coupon!

hellokitty
11-16-2011, 06:09 PM
For those that didn't get there before 1pm to use the coupon, my friend who works at macy's says that all clearance is 50% off today. That is how I scored an all clad set that was already on clearance for another 50% off last time. It was a sweeeeeet deal!

lhafer
11-16-2011, 06:59 PM
The $10 off is only untili 1pm. They are having some awesome sales today until closing hours. I've been yesterday and today! So has DH!! :bag