PDA

View Full Version : Outgrowing Scenara

khalloc
11-15-2011, 10:51 AM
DS is 3.5 years old. He is 39.5" tall and about 38-39 pounds. He sits in a Marathon in my car but that will be expiring in the next year (it had a manufacture date of Nov 2005 I believe, I havent checked the dates on it recently for an expiration date)

In DH's car he is in a Scenara. Which he is about to outgrow I think because the weight limit is 40 pounds, right? Is it OK to take this Scenara with us on a vacation in 3 weeks? I think it will still be OK then, right? He was 38.8 pounds a few days ago.

DD is 6 and has a Radian in my car. I was thinking of giving that to DH for his car to replace the outgrown Scenara and then just getting DD a Graco Turbobooster for my car. She rides in a TB in DH's car already.

Input?

jerigirl
11-15-2011, 11:03 AM
ETA: sorry I misread the lProduct info. Yes the weight limit is 40 FF. I would think it would be ok to take the seat on vacation in 3 weeks. Double check the shoulder strap position and make sure he isn't too tall for the seat.

hillview
11-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Not a tech but sounds great to me. Assume DD can pass the booster test and is height / weight ready for a booster. I would have no issue taking the seat on vacation.
/hillary

khalloc
11-15-2011, 11:31 AM
DD is 47 pounds and 44" tall. She just turned 6 and has been riding in the Turbobooster in DH's car for a couple of months now. I assumed the Turbobooster is ok since she was over the age of 5? She is able to sit up and all that in the booster.