PDA

View Full Version : Holes in the pants already

HIU8
11-15-2011, 11:11 AM
DS came home yesterday with a hole in his ON uniform pants. It was through the top layer of material only (not the reinforced knee portion). Well, there goes one pair.............................................. ................

SnuggleBuggles
11-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Yep, that happened with our one pair of ON pants. I have much better luck with Target and TCP.

Beth

HIU8
11-15-2011, 12:43 PM
yes, the Target pants are like steel. DS has 2 pr of those. I'm going to be replacing the ON pants (one other pair is massively puckering at the knee) with Target pants this week.

crl
11-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Yeah, our ON pants lasted about a month. Not worth it.

Catherine

HIU8
11-15-2011, 01:21 PM
DS is simply not hard on his clothes and shoes at all (his shoes never get scuffed, tears etc...). I'm VERY dissapointed in these pants and will NOT be purchasing ON pants again (I really only did so b/c the size 8 still has the hook and eye closure).

WatchingThemGrow
11-15-2011, 01:29 PM
That stinks!!! Can you use some of these patches (http://www.amazon.com/Singer-5-inch-5-inch-Patches-package/dp/B003IHZCL4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ac_4) on the inside?, assuming you buy them somewhere other than amazon, for less than the original price of $129!

HIU8
11-15-2011, 01:49 PM
I have to ask the school, but I have yet to see any child with patches on their pants. This is leading me to assume you cannot wear pants with patches on them. Again, I am checking on that b/c I happen to have those exact patches in my sewing box right now.

HIU8
11-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Just checked. DS canot wear patched pants to school. I have to buy new pants. I'm going to replace the 2 ON he has with Cherokee from Target and leave it at that.

wimama
11-15-2011, 02:00 PM
My DS is tough on the knees on his pants and so far his Lands End pants are still going strong. I scored the reinforced knee pants from last year on clearance. How do the Cherokee pants fit? DS needs a bit of a roomer fit. I am figuring I will be buying new pants sometime before spring.