PDA

View Full Version : Frontier in 3rd row of 2010 Oddy

megv
11-15-2011, 11:37 AM
I just converted DS1 original Frontier to booster mode. Manual says to use latch and tether to install seat.

He sits in 3rd row of 2010 Oddy, which has the Latch in the middle seat. That prevents me from using another booster for extra friends etc. I also think he is going to have trouble reaching the belt stalk for the seat belt in that middle position.

Any way around this problem that I'm missing? Is there a different way to secure seat on one end of row in booster mode?

lele
11-15-2011, 04:52 PM
I think it's optional to latch it. Or at least I hope it is. I do have mine tethered just so it can't fly too far if, God forbid, something happened.

KrisM
11-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Mine was not LATCHed, but is tethered. It was outboard, 3rd row 2010 Odyssey. Lower anchors are optional and you can still use the tethers. I called Britax to verify that when we switched over a couple years ago.

megv
11-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks!

I moved it back to the outboard spot and tethered it. I guess it just seems strange to me after working (and sweating) so much to get a tight install when it was in harness mode and now it is sitting there all loosy-goosy.