PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is a lalaloopsy doll?

HIU8
11-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Title says it all. DD asked for one of these. We saw it at Target. What is it?

wellyes
11-15-2011, 10:31 PM
It is creepy is what it is.

LMPC
11-15-2011, 10:36 PM
It is creepy is what it is.
LOL, I was going to say "annoying!"

g-mama
11-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Annoying? Creepy? Really? My best friend's dd has a couple and I think they're adorable. What's wrong with them?

LMPC
11-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Annoying? Creepy? Really? My best friend's dd has a couple and I think they're adorable. What's wrong with them?
First off, the eyes...most of them have all black eyes. Creepy!
Second, BRIGHT colors. I find this annoying...feels like the doll is screaming.

(g-mama, I'm half kidding here...I don't think there's anything evil about them...they just look like one of those toys I would want to hide in the attic on the 2nd day. :))

calv
11-15-2011, 11:21 PM
they're adorable. they'd be annoying if they were like every other toy which is LOUD and takes up batteries. Thankfully these are just cute dolls. They're the 'modern' buttons doll w/a big head. LOL

What I do find very creepy are those ugly dolls, bratz & the monster high dolls.

LMPC
11-15-2011, 11:25 PM
What I do find very creepy are those ugly dolls, bratz & the monster high dolls.
Yep. I agree completely!

wellyes
11-15-2011, 11:37 PM
The button eyes make me think of Neil Gaiman's Coraline. The stripes and styling make me think of Beetlejuice-era Tim Burton. Great pop culture references, absolutely, but not for little kids. Let them get to middle school before they get to the twisted-demented thrill from those types of stories.

ETA - they're just dolls, I don't mean to sound so harsh. I'm sure little girls will love them. But I just don't like them. There's something about them that is so far removed from -- say -- Raggedy Ann. They're winking at a comic book sensibility which I respond to, but which I don't really want my 3 year old to "get" quite yet.

Mommaof3
11-16-2011, 07:58 AM
They do look like Coraline! My DD had nightmares from that movie!

KHF
11-16-2011, 08:20 AM
DD got one of the Lalaloopsy Button Tails mice (http://www.amazon.com/Bitty-Buttons-502227-Lalaloopsy-Button/dp/B004DL0KRA) for her birthday in August. They are pretty cute...you can change out ears, tails, put bows on it, etc. She likes it pretty well.

Of course, she's also asked for Monster High dolls...

Melaine
11-16-2011, 08:36 AM
they're adorable. they'd be annoying if they were like every other toy which is LOUD and takes up batteries. Thankfully these are just cute dolls. They're the 'modern' buttons doll w/a big head. LOL

:yeahthat: x 1000's especially about Monster High.

Personally, I am a BIG fan of LaLaLoopsy dolls because they are a throw-back to the old-fashion button-eyed ragdolls and they are cute and cheerful and they seem to appeal to that age that is growing out of dolls. I really want one, err, I mean, want to get the girls one. :wink2:

I'm so annoyed that I didn't jump on the slickdeals $12.99 deal last week.

There is a $5 off Target coupon though.

amandabea
11-16-2011, 10:24 PM

:yeahthat: both DD and I really like them...especially the mini ones!!!

Wish I had known about the slickdeal

egoldber
11-16-2011, 10:30 PM
I think they are cute. Younger DD keeps asking for one, but we have so many other dolls, I keep putting her off.

11-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Didn't know about the slickdeals deal. Did pick up the Target doll today b/c I couldn't get it online at Target and the crazy hair "lala oops" is the only thing my littlest dd has asked for this year.

Any idea if the minis are worth it? my almost 5 year old want the treehouse but it looks like junk to me (plastic seems too light and prone to break but then I'm used to little people toys).

Christine

vonfirmath
11-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Rag doll.
Barbie alternative?

mominma
11-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Didn't know about the slickdeals deal. Did pick up the Target doll today b/c I couldn't get it online at Target and the crazy hair "lala oops" is the only thing my littlest dd has asked for this year.

Any idea if the minis are worth it? my almost 5 year old want the treehouse but it looks like junk to me (plastic seems too light and prone to break but then I'm used to little people toys).

Christine

When my daughter turned 6 she received a TRU gift card and was so excited to use it to buy a Lalaloopsy doll that she could style the hair. The whole way home she thanked me for taking her and could not wait to play with it. She played for 2 days and now it has found a new home on a shelf in her room.

For the holidays she wants the treehouse. I do think the mini dolls would get more play. She said her big doll needs a friend, but I am not going to buy another big doll.

Older DD has asked for Monster High dolls because her friends have some. Now, DD2 wants them to play with older DD. I had never heard of these - what's next!

malphy
11-19-2011, 08:08 AM
When my daughter turned 6 she received a TRU gift card and was so excited to use it to buy a Lalaloopsy doll that she could style the hair. The whole way home she thanked me for taking her and could not wait to play with it. She played for 2 days and now it has found a new home on a shelf in her room.

For the holidays she wants the treehouse. I do think the mini dolls would get more play. She said her big doll needs a friend, but I am not going to buy another big doll.

Older DD has asked for Monster High dolls because her friends have some. Now, DD2 wants them to play with older DD. I had never heard of these - what's next!

I bought the siily hair doll with the target deal w/o dd knowing. I then asked her about the lalaloopsy dolls when we were shopping. She did not like the big dolls but loved the minis. Yay!!! I returned the big doll and got several minis. She also told me "I don't like the treehouse, or the schoolbus, or the ferris wheel" Sweet, sounds good to me!

calv
11-19-2011, 09:03 AM
anyone know of good deals on the MINI dolls?

saw a pack of 3 for $15 at bj's. about $5 per mini-lalaloopsy good or bad?

lhafer
11-19-2011, 09:14 AM
My 5 year old has one of the big dolls (Jewels Sparkles), and it doesn't get played with. I think it's a little "big for her" in that it's a little hard to hold because of the head and it's all hard (unlike raggedy anne dolls). Plus because the head is so heavy it can't stand or sit up at all.

I wonder if she would like the minis any better?

Melaine
11-19-2011, 09:15 AM
The cloth ones are cute too! A little smaller also.

Tenasparkl
11-19-2011, 11:25 AM
My daughter plays with the minis all the time. She has a few of the big ones and always gets excited about them at first and then they end up sitting. I bought some of the littles (baby versions of the big ones) and I think those will be a hit.

cleo27
11-22-2011, 12:26 AM
My DD finds them scary. She is also terrified of the movie "Coraline". Frankly, it surprises me because I think they are adorable and she loves any other doll. You just never know!

georgiegirl
11-22-2011, 04:18 PM
The minis are super cute. I got dd a few for Christmas (and a boy one for DS because he wants everything she has.)