PDA

View Full Version : Quality AND Warmth of ON Outerwear

Kindra178
11-16-2011, 03:13 PM
We are sponsoring a family for the holidays. All of the kids have requested winter jackets. Does anyone have first hand experience with the quality and warmth of these jackets? It's is super cold in Chicago so I definitely want to buy warm jackets. The prices are great, and will not be hard to buy 4 jackets ranging in size from Men's XL (12 year old boy) to 4t.

mecawa
11-16-2011, 03:48 PM
We've only had one ON winter jacket. I had one for DD1 when she was about 18 months, so she was at the age where she wasn't spending too much time outdoors. I found that coat to be warm, but I haven't bought one since then because I didn't find it to be warm enough (we're in New England).

That being said, it was better than not having anything and if you layer underneath it you would probably be fine (my kids hate to layer).

daniele_ut
11-16-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm not sure I'd do ON jackets in Chicago. When I think if Chicago cold, I think frigid. I usually buy Lands End jackets during the end of season sales but that won't help you right now. They do have 40% off one item right now, so that might help with one jacket. The quality is much better and they rate their jackets with regard to warmth.

hellokitty
11-16-2011, 04:59 PM
My boys have had ON coats and they have been pretty toasty. Granted, there are different types of coats. You'll want to get the kind that has a nylon exterior, and then padding and fleece lining inside with the insulated hood.

Kindra178
11-16-2011, 05:16 PM
My boys have had ON coats and they have been pretty toasty. Granted, there are different types of coats. You'll want to get the kind that has a nylon exterior, and then padding and fleece lining inside with the insulated hood.

I think that's what I was looking at. They definitely have insulated hoods. Do you live in a cold climate?

hellokitty
11-16-2011, 06:04 PM
I think that's what I was looking at. They definitely have insulated hoods. Do you live in a cold climate?

Yup, I'm in the midwest and we get some of the worst weather in Ohio, b/c we are the highest elevation for the state.

AustenFan
11-16-2011, 08:06 PM
An ON coat worked just fine for DS the two winters we lived in Chicago.

Green_Tea
11-16-2011, 08:18 PM
We live in New England and DD has an ON coat this year, based on the recommendation of a very picky friend who usually only buys LL Bean. I think it seems like it will be plenty warm (and it's cute!).