PDA

View Full Version : GF travel food?

wendibird22
11-16-2011, 05:11 PM
For those of you who are gluten free, any suggestions on what to pack for travel? I'm new to GF and have two trips in the next two weeks. One by car to my SILs house for thanksgiving and one by plane to a conference. I requested GF meals at the conference but breakfast is on our own and I think at least one dinner is. I won't have a car. I have to check luggage anyway so I plan on stuffing my bag with things I can have for breakfast, eat at the airport, or snack on. For the trip to SILs we are traveling by car will do fast food or rest stops so I'm gonna be pretty limited then too.

1. What are your go to items at fast food or rest stops?

2. What items would you pack with you for snacks, breakfast, etc?

Elilly
11-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Udi's bagels and cream chz @ the conference. Yummy!
Travel snacks... dried fruit, Snyder's pretzels, trail mix, cheese sticks, Udi's snickerdoodles

Fast food.. Wendy's baked potato and chili or side salad or Qdoba

mytwosons
11-16-2011, 10:49 PM
I like the gopicnic GF meals for such instances. Amazon has the best price I've found. I especially like the turkey stick and the pepperoni option. I recently saw they have a sunbutter and crackers, but haven't tried it yet.

Starbucks will often have a GF option. I don't remember the brand name, but the GF granola bar they have is really good!

I also have an app (iCanEat) that has menu with allergy info and GF options for fast food restaurants.

wendibird22
11-17-2011, 11:40 AM
I like the gopicnic GF meals for such instances. Amazon has the best price I've found. I especially like the turkey stick and the pepperoni option. I recently saw they have a sunbutter and crackers, but haven't tried it yet.

Starbucks will often have a GF option. I don't remember the brand name, but the GF granola bar they have is really good!

I also have an app (iCanEat) that has menu with allergy info and GF options for fast food restaurants.

I'll have to check the gopicnic and app out. Thanks!