PDA

View Full Version : What are your boys wearing this holiday season?

KpbS
11-17-2011, 08:59 AM
For pictures or services or both? :)
I am a little stumped this year and really don't want to spend much.

hillview
11-17-2011, 09:30 AM
I got each boy a blazer figuring they will wear them several times and they were excited to get them. They will be great for Thanksgiving, Christmas and we have 3 bdays over the next 3 months (we will go out for dinner). I have sweaters from last year which still fit and really never get worn.

crl
11-17-2011, 09:54 AM
We are super casual and dh has declared ds is too old for the sweater vest look, oh, and ds is always hot so sweaters are not okay. I ended up with a plaid, woven collared shirt from Gymboree. He can wear it with his navy cords.

Catherine

DietCokeLover
11-17-2011, 10:35 AM
I picked up a plaid long sleeve HA shirt and matching sweater vest at a consignment sale recently for $7. That's what DS will be wearing.

brittone2
11-17-2011, 11:11 AM
DS1 and DS2 wore coordinating (but not exactly matching) sweater vests (from crazy 8) for pictures. Not very original but I don't like busy patterns on shirts, etc. for pictures. DS1 hates sweaters (gets too hot) so my options are limited.

Kindra178
11-17-2011, 01:24 PM
I got each boy a blazer figuring they will wear them several times and they were excited to get them. They will be great for Thanksgiving, Christmas and we have 3 bdays over the next 3 months (we will go out for dinner). I have sweaters from last year which still fit and really never get worn.

Where did you get them?

hillview
11-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Where did you get them?
Nordstroms but you can get them a low lower elsewhere.
/hillary

liz
11-17-2011, 03:39 PM
My older boys are wearing a combination of a dress shirt similar to this:

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/boys_820/more_forboys/dressy_apparel/tops/PRD~935975/Chaps+Plaid+Shirt.jsp

and sweater

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/boys_820/tops/sweaters/PRD~930127/Chaps+Solid+14Zip+Sweater.jsp

my youngest will wear a coordinating shirt and plain sweater vest. Now that my kids are getting older, I find we are all leaning away from sweater vests, probably because we did a lot of those when they were smaller. The kids are coordinating, but not exactly matching. We aren't usually very formal for the holidays and this will work with khakis and jeans.

Now, to find something for me and DH for our family pictures!

ETA: the link for the sweater is green, but we are choosing the blue shade, just in case you were wondering if we were going a bit crazy with the christmas colors ;)

hellokitty
11-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Whatever random Oxford long sleeved shirt plus khakis that I can find in their closet. They are not Christmassy colors, but I don't really care and neither do they. Ds3 will wear a sweater vest. Just because he has hand me downs. My older boys and I are fed up with sweater vests, so I refuse to buy anymore.

Bens Momma
11-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Tan cords and a red plaid oxford shirt or red sweater (have both so we'll see which I can get them to go for.) Might even be able to get them to wear the shirts under the sweaters for an even nicer look!

Momit
11-17-2011, 05:01 PM
We are super casual and dh has declared ds is too old for the sweater vest look, oh, and ds is always hot so sweaters are not okay. I ended up with a plaid, woven collared shirt from Gymboree. He can wear it with his navy cords.

Catherine

This exactly. We live in a warm-ish climate, plus DS is always hot. I got him a cute plaid Gymboree shirt with red and a little green in it to wear with navy cords. We can put a red Gymbo sweater over it if we have a freak cold spell at Christmas.

lchang25000
11-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Argyle half-zip sweater and black cords from the TCP.

carolinamama
11-17-2011, 10:13 PM
I got DS1 and DS2 a white long sleeved polo with their respective monograms done in brown for Thanksgiving and red for Christmas. They will wear choc brown cords for Thanksgiving and nice khaki pants for Christmas with them. DS2 also has a large selection of appliqued shirts for both holidays that are from DS1 that I may have him wear. Both boys do not like sweaters and I'm not big on the sweater vest thing. Now DD is a whole 'nother story. I will not admit the number of holiday outfits she has.:bag