PDA

View Full Version : KidKraft dollhouse for older/younger girls?

sidmand
11-17-2011, 10:44 AM
I bought a KidKraft dollhouse (one of the big ones that could fit Barbie-sized dolls) maybe a year or two ago both for DS at the time to play with and DD to play with down the road. Well, neither has ever played with it much although DD is only three now. I've been debating trying to sell it but will she be more interested in playing with it down the road?

FWIW her big holiday present is a Calico Critters treehouse with furniture and critters (which she DID play with at a few places) and I'm thinking that's pretty much the same idea and we don't need two huge things like that.

But I don't want to get rid of the dollhouse if she's going to end up liking/wanting one down the road--YKWIM?

wellyes
11-17-2011, 10:53 AM
I think 3.5-4.5 is primo age for that kind of dollhouse. I'd keep it for sure.

HIU8
11-17-2011, 11:33 AM
My DD got one of the larger kidcraft dollhouses that can fit barbies. She plays with it daily. It's like a shrine to all her dolls. Honestly, it was the absolute BEST gift she got for her 4th bday.

sidmand
11-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks very much. I was starting to think maybe she was just too little for it and would really like it in a few months/years. I will hold on to it. I can always sell it later.

teedeedee
11-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Just wanted to chime in that my DD who is 3.5 just recently became really interested in the dollhouse we got her last year for Christmas.

She will ask me if she can go play in her room and I have to go check on her because she is happily (and quietly) playing with the house. Before she would have come to me well before I had the chance to go check on her. Literally plays for well over an hour at a time. But like you I had been wondering if I'd made a bad choice with the purchase until recently.