PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a Lands End coat in these colors?

Katigre
11-17-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm debating between the autumn brick red, mushroom brown, and mahogany brown in this coat. My clothing is all in the 'warm autumn' colors pallette (plum purple, peacock blue, warm brown, khaki, burnt orange, olive green).

My biggest question is whether the browns are warm browns or greyed/muted in color.

I ordered swatches, but LE's 40% off sale ends today and I'd like to get the coat ordered.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/ShimmerDownCoat~227483_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::SGY&CM_MERCH=IDX_Outerwear-_-Women&origin=index

ciw
11-17-2011, 11:13 AM
I ordered that coat in mahogany brown and while I'm not sure I'm keeping it, I am happy with the color. It's a dark brown and works pretty well with my coloring (very fair skin and auburn hair). I saw the mushroom brown in the store and it is a much more muted color. It would depend on your coloring whether the mushroom would work for you. I looked horribly washed out in it.

goldenpig
11-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I don't have those coats (just ordered the spice brown down coat that Arivecchi recommended) but I like/wear the same color palette as you and I'd go for the brick or the mahogany brown one...the mushroom looks a little light. But it depends on your coloring.

arivecchi
11-17-2011, 12:34 PM
The dark mahogany one is my fave. I'd order that!