PDA

View Full Version : What to make along with homemade vegetable beef soup?

HIU8
11-17-2011, 11:41 AM
I have veggie beef soup in the crockpot right now. Tonight I need to have everything prepped so that when we walk in the door we just eat. I honestly was thinking of doing tuna sandwiches with it (although it would normally sound good to me--soup and sandwich, for some reason it does not today). Anyone have any ideas of an easy dish to make with the soup? that I can premake and just heat up when I get home. Oh, it can't be anything with dairy in it.

Melaine
11-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Yum, sounds delicious. I like to do cornbread, because I find if I do something more substantial like a sandwich then we end up having too much soup and it gets dumped after a few days, which bugs me. Hmmm, wonder if I have the ingredients to make this too?

DietCokeLover
11-17-2011, 11:56 AM
I was going to say cornbread too.

HIU8
11-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Yum. Thanks.

SnuggleBuggles
11-17-2011, 05:12 PM
I have veggie beef soup in the crockpot right now. Tonight I need to have everything prepped so that when we walk in the door we just eat. I honestly was thinking of doing tuna sandwiches with it (although it would normally sound good to me--soup and sandwich, for some reason it does not today). Anyone have any ideas of an easy dish to make with the soup? that I can premake and just heat up when I get home. Oh, it can't be anything with dairy in it.

recipe, please!!!

Beth

HIU8
11-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Confession time.....

It's the McCormick slow cooker vegetable beef soup packet. You put in meat, diced tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, onions. Then you take 3 cups of water an add in the mix. Pour it over the stuff already in the crockpot and cook for 8 hours. It's VERY good.

PunkyBoo
11-17-2011, 06:26 PM
I just made beef stew yesterday in my crockpot, and I made beer bread with it. OMG that bread is heavenly!!! I could not stop eating it! And so easy to make:

Beer Bread
3.5 cups all-purpose flour**
3 TBS sugar
1TB baking powder
1.5 tsp salt
12 oz beer
1 egg, beaten

Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add beer and stir with a fork until just combined. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead quickly to form a ball. Place bread on baking sheet and confidently slit an X in the top with a very sharp or serrated knife. Brush loaf with egg wash. Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool.

** (I ran low on flour, so I did 2 cups all purpose and 1.5 cups whole wheat flour and the bread was awesome)