PDA

View Full Version : need your opinion-UPDATE in original post

ArizonaGirl
11-17-2011, 02:59 PM
It is now 2 days later and I took another PG test yesterday (from the same box) and it was neg as well. I didn't have anymore so I didn't take one today, but still no AF.

The box was new, but could they have been defective or could something be wrong, I just don't know what to think and I hate waiting. The OB said if no pos test and no AF by Mon I should call them.

But I just keep assuming the worst.

any thoughts anyone...

So... I was supposed to start AF on Monday, and I am regular like clockwork, every 28 to 29 days. It is now thursday and no AF and I POAS this morning and it was neg.

What do you guys think, is it still to early for a + preg test (I didn't think so), or what?

mikala
11-17-2011, 04:13 PM
It shouldn't be too early to POAS unless you had some stress other other event this month that might have made your cycle longer. Running a marathon, the flu, death in the family, lots of travel, earthquake....

Did you use your first morning urine? I'd wait a day or two and try again. Your test could be old, your body could be slow to produce HCG or your period could just be late.

Good luck with whatever outcome you're hoping for!

ETA: in the meantime I'd make sure to take a vitamin with folic acid and avoid pregnancy no-no's like alcohol, certain medications just in case.

emily
11-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Nope not to early. I'm like clockwork too and POAS a couple of days late. DS2 is due in March.

ArizonaGirl
11-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Update in orig post

MommyAllison
11-19-2011, 05:19 PM
With DD2, I tested when AF was 1 or 2 days late, negative. Tested when 1 week late, positive (and then DD2 was 10 days past her due date, but came out covered in vernix and obviously not overdue, fwiw - so I probably ovulated late, hence the late positive). Hope you get the result you're hoping for on Monday!

ArizonaGirl
11-19-2011, 05:21 PM
thanks, I hope thats the case with me too.

lhafer
11-19-2011, 05:53 PM
It is now 2 days later and I took another PG test yesterday (from the same box) and it was neg as well. I didn't have anymore so I didn't take one today, but still no AF.

The box was new, but could they have been defective or could something be wrong, I just don't know what to think and I hate waiting. The OB said if no pos test and no AF by Mon I should call them.

But I just keep assuming the worst.

any thoughts anyone...

So... I was supposed to start AF on Monday, and I am regular like clockwork, every 28 to 29 days. It is now thursday and no AF and I POAS this morning and it was neg.

What do you guys think, is it still to early for a + preg test (I didn't think so), or what?

What kind of POAS test is it? They don't all test for the same level of HCG hormone...some are more sensitive that others.

I didn't read all the responses, so sorry if this was answered already.

brittone2
11-20-2011, 08:43 AM
So many factors can come into play. How sensitive the test is (like a PP said, some don't give a positive until HCG is more like 50+ while some can detect something like an hcg level of 10-20.). First morning urine is more concentrated, and that can be another factor.

I have irregular cycles so couldn't go by that.

With my 2nd pregnancy, I had a faint + (read within the test window). Retested w/ a different brand, and it was still + that same night. I was shocked (we went through IF txs to conceive my oldest). Retested the next day *with* FMU and the same 2 brands, and both tests were negative. Totally negative. I used First Response Early Response, which has always worked well for me in the past, and then an Equate test. I assumed maybe it was a chemical pgcy or an early m/c. I waited to bleed, and nothing happened. Retested a week later and it was very positive. I still don't know what that was about.

Is the website peeonastick.com still up?

ArizonaGirl
11-20-2011, 10:55 PM
The first two tests were walgreens (one step brand) which according to the info from peeonastick.com picks up at 25.

Then this morning (6 days late) i tested with first response which is supposed to be the most accurate (10 to 25) and it was still neg.

Now i don't know what to think...

I'm gonna call the dr. tomorrow morning, I just can't take the waiting, besides given my previous miscarriages thats what he would want me to do.