PDA

View Full Version : ISO Toddler underpants

sarrahanne
11-19-2011, 12:49 AM
We're going to take advantage of the upcoming holiday weekend to start again with the potty training. So, I know my trigger price for diapers (too bad it just went up with Amazon mom perks disappearing!) but am at a loss with underpants.

We purchased some underpants in store from Target (5/$12) and that just seemed a little high to me.

I am currently looking at these Fruit of the Loom ones on Amazon (7/$10) but I'm worried about the quality. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002M3TKPY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER Are they scratchy, etc?

So, what can you ladies recommend for good undies for a toddler boy of reasonable quality and price? I know you can, cause you guys seem to know everything about kid's deals! :)

Thanks in advance!

mum-to-be
11-19-2011, 02:08 AM
I would get the Gerber training underpants from Target or Walmart - a 3 pack is around $7 IIRC. We bought some Elmo undies and they made DS itchy and made him red in between his thighs.

I also really love these underpants if you have a very young potty trainer: http://www.pumpkinpatchusa.com/flatshot/W1UW60002/col/ASS/listing/121641/categorypath/boy/little-boy/savings/nightwear-and-underwear/ With buy 1 get 1 50% off they would be $15 for 10 pairs. The quality is great and the elastic is encased.

roseyloxs
11-19-2011, 02:46 AM
I buy most my kids underwear on sale from gymboree or children's place. I only buy my son boxer briefs because of my own personal taste, they just look comfier. We do have a couple packs of fruit of the loom and they are even comfier then the childrens place ones.

MamaInMarch
11-19-2011, 08:43 AM
DS's underwear are all clearance from Gymboree. I can get them for pretty much $1 a pair and that's cheaper than what I paid for our Thomas ones at Target (never again!). And he actually prefers to wear his baseball or whatever over the character ones.

wifecat
11-19-2011, 09:38 AM
I bought dd some Fruit of the Loom ones from walmart that someone recommended on here as being almost as comfy as the Hanna Andersson ones my daughter really loves. She doesn't like ones I bought from Gymboree - they are super cute but have a little bit of exposed elastic and that irritates her skin. So the Fruit of the Loom ones from Walmart came in like an 8/pk and the elastic waistband is completely covered by the fabric of the undies. I'm blanking on the pricing right now, but it was definitely reasonable.

We also love our Hanna Andersson trainers - the padded part is great for leaving the house because if there is the start of an accident it's not such a mess!

Momit
11-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Definitely start with training pants. We have 12 pairs, a combo of Gerber and Hanna. I prefer the Hannas but the Gerbers are fine, too - plus I find that the Gerbers dry a little quicker because they are thinner. For now, we are still using trainers but we have also stocked up on regular underwear when there are sales at Gymbo and Hanna.

sarrahanne
11-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Thanks a lot, ladies!
I was going to skip the whole training pants thing before, but I've changed my mind and will get some for when he's a little more into the potty training and we actually leave the house in them.
I'm still going to pick up some briefs (love the boxer briefs also, but they're twice as expensive everywhere!) for pt at home. Going to the mall to see Santa, so I'm going to see what the stores have.

wellyes
11-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Gerber trainers are awesome. DD is totally potty trained for a long time now but still wears her Gerbers. They're comfy.

doberbrat
11-19-2011, 06:38 PM
I really liked the wee essentials from jcpenny. you can often find buy 1 get 1 50% off. IMO they're much better than gerber if you want them to actually catch anything.

trales
11-19-2011, 07:14 PM
JCPenny has the best training pants. They are so thick and nice.

We buy the undies from there, same with the Sears brand undies. Both are really nice quality. I also think the H&M undies are best, they are such a nice thick cotton.

I like these options b/c they are cheap and wonderful. If you sign up for Penny's mailing list you get coupons in the mail for $10 off a minimum $10 purchase. That makes the undies really cheap.

newg
11-19-2011, 10:15 PM
I started with the target character panties from target.......for training I wanted to have a bunch on hand that I wouldn't feel bad about throwing away if needed.......

Now DD wears the TCP and Gymboree panties. TCP panties are two packs of three for $12 and I have waited 'till I have a good coupon. Like PP have mentioned, the gymboree panties are off the clearance rack.
I really like the way both fit and they're very soft.