PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong? Toddler nap.

Simon
11-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Update: after I posted this, I went over and talked to him and did a playful, "why are you not sleeping" and he giggled and rolled around, I gave him a little water, I said you need to sleep. I stayed a few minutes total, I got up, he cried, he was asleep in 3-5 minutes. Why?

He was all but falling asleep on my lap. He has been tired/lethargic all morning, just wanting to snuggle. He has a cold. Within 15 minutes of staring his nap, he is energetic and happy.

Ds2 is 21mo and until recently would lay down nicely and fall asleep for 2-3 hours at home and 2 hours at day care. He still sleeps fine at day care from 11:45-1:45 pm.

At home, he will still lay down nicely, but then seems to "wake-up" and then roll around/play for 90 minutes. He never tries to get up but he talks and plays. If I get very stern, he might cry a bit then lay still and go to sleep. I don't like the idea that I have to reprimand my toddler just to get him to sleep. If I give in and drive him around a bit in the car, he'll fall asleep for 2-3 hours.

It does not seem to matter if we start nap later. He is tired, eye-rubbing when we start!