PDA

View Full Version : Baby gap newborn

flashy09
11-20-2011, 02:34 PM
It says up to 7lbs. Anyone buy these clothes? So cute, but that seems like an awfully low weight limit even for a newborn

Beth24
11-20-2011, 02:47 PM
IME they fit for longer than that...my baby was 8 pounds when he was born and he wore the NB size for the first month. It's nice to have clothes that fit...most of the 0 to 3 month size clothes are huge on brand new babies.

MommyAllison
11-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Yep, they fit longer than 7lb for us. Both DD1 and DS came home in a Baby Gap newborn outfit, and DD was 8lb2oz (DS was just shy of 8lb) when she was born. That outfit fit for at least a month for both of them.

flashy09
11-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Great, thanks!

mecawa
11-20-2011, 03:13 PM
DD2 was able to wear Baby Gap newborn for about 3 weeks after birth ( she was 7lbs. 9 oz.) DD1 wore them for less than 2 weeks but she was almost 9 lbs.

sunnyside
11-20-2011, 11:50 PM
My girl gained really fast, but still wore the NB size for a couple of months. I was glad I got plenty of NB size. I had the 0-3 but preferred her to wear the NB as they fit best. I really liked how soft the first favorites sleepers are. Some people think they are too thin though.

hoodlims
11-21-2011, 12:45 AM
If you are doing your own purchasing, I'd recommend buying 0-3months or higher in GAP clothes and Newborn in Carters or a less expensive brand. That way you can get the most wear of your pricier clothes. My daughter was nearly 9lbs at birth (total shocker to me) and she was in 3 month clothes at 5 weeks.

mjs64
11-21-2011, 01:45 AM
If you are doing your own purchasing, I'd recommend buying 0-3months or higher in GAP clothes and Newborn in Carters or a less expensive brand. That way you can get the most wear of your pricier clothes. My daughter was nearly 9lbs at birth (total shocker to me) and she was in 3 month clothes at 5 weeks.

:yeah that

Gerber NB is cheapest but runs small. You might do Gerber 0-3 for NB. That's what I ended up stocking up on for the first few weeks when the other 0-3 months clothes we had didn't fit. Money saver. They have packs of side snap tees and pants.

hoodlims
11-21-2011, 11:36 AM
:yeah that

Gerber NB is cheapest but runs small. You might do Gerber 0-3 for NB. That's what I ended up stocking up on for the first few weeks when the other 0-3 months clothes we had didn't fit. Money saver. They have packs of side snap tees and pants.

Yes! Do not get Gerber NB. They top out at 8lbs. I brought one to the hospital because everyone kept telling me kids look so small in their going home outfits. Well, I couldn't even get it over my kid's head. Her babydoll is now wearing it perfectly.

FTMLuc
11-21-2011, 01:32 PM
My DD was 6 pounds when she was born, and then lost a lot of weight, so we did Gerber NB, but only for 2 weeks or so, they do run very small. My favorite onsies are the basic Gap long sleeved ones, the NB lasted for quite a while, and the 0-3 months we wore almost to the 6 month mark. I loved how soft the Gap onsies are.

AnnieW625
11-21-2011, 04:32 PM
IME they fit for longer than that...my baby was 8 pounds when he was born and he wore the NB size for the first month. It's nice to have clothes that fit...most of the 0 to 3 month size clothes are huge on brand new babies.

:yeahthat: DD1 was 6lbs. 6 oz., and DD2 was 6lbs. 4 oz. and they both wore those clothes until around 6 weeks.

BayGirl2
11-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Agree, we had some Carters NB size stuff and I was glad to have it for the first 3-4 weeks. I wouldn't spend the $$ on Gap in NB size (and I get a significant discount on Gap bc DH works there.) Gerber NB size is tiny and did not last long for us. Get a few Carters NB outfits and then evaluate if you need more. Get the really cute Gap stuff you want to spend $$ on in larger sizes.

Now, I'm finding the Gap 3-6 month size runs slightly smaller than the Carters 6 month size. DD can wear the Gap stuff but not Carters yet, she was 6lbs 14oz at birth and is 10lbs now at 2 months old (35%ile for weight 60%ile for height, so pretty average).