PDA

View Full Version : Calico critters

khalloc
11-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Anyone have these? Trying to come up with some gift ideas for my DD. She just turned 6. She is not a huge doll person, but loves animals so I thought these looked cute.

Seitvonzu
11-20-2011, 09:06 PM
does she like dollhouse/little figure play? my daughter is turning 4 this christmas and BIG present from the inlaws last year was the calico critters manor house , tons of furniture and a family. she loves it and plays with it daily unless we aren't home much. i bought her some more playsets for this year, just because we love it so much and it really is cute.

that said, i'm not sure we'd have made the investment if DD hadn't shown tons of interest... the individual sets are expensive i feel.

katydid1971
11-20-2011, 09:56 PM
DD likes playing with these at a local toy store that has a house set up. I have told SsIL and MIL that is the gift of choice this year. One SIL got DD the little green car and a family at B&N today using the coupon from the bargains section. I'm going to hold off on a house this Christmas and see how much love they get at home. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a family and maybe one playset and see how it goes. You can always add to the collection if its a hit.

mommyapb
11-20-2011, 11:36 PM
My DD sounds like yours. WE have Calico Critters and honestly they don't get too much play even though DD is huge into animals. I bought her this playmobil set for Christmas hoping it might get more play...plus it is less "babyish"
http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Product-Show?pid=5870&cgid=

HTH

Amelia
DD 5.5, DS 2.5, #3 due 3/12

Seitvonzu
11-21-2011, 12:37 AM
we LOVE the green car at our house!! it comes with a family, so it's a nice set :) we bought it with the barnes and noble for a good friend that's just getting into the critters!

khalloc
11-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Well I am not sure if they would be a hit or not.

My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE to play with stuffed animals. Most of their toy "sets" end up having the pieces scattered around the house and then they never get any play. We have a playmobile ambulance and hospital that were a hit for like 2-3 days, then they forget about them. DD has a Barbie townhouse that never gets use. I am running out of ideas for her!

She loves to receive gifts like playsets and barbies. But she doesnt actually play with them after the first 2-3 days.

My kids like Ipads, playing games where they make our cat or dog be a baby and they "baby" it.

My son will play with things longer if it has wheels or is a superhero. But DD gets bored with things easily. I need Xmas ideas for her.