PDA

View Full Version : Tag Reader, FP iXL or something else?

wendibird22
11-21-2011, 09:26 AM
For my DD1 who is 4.5yo. Any suggestions or feedback? She's outgrowing nap and we are looking at something she can do pretty independently while DD2 continues to nap. We were thinking of the Tag Reader because she likes looking at books. DH saw the FP iXL but it seems more video game and less a book reader. Are we overlooking something else that a bright 4.5yo would like?

catpagmo
11-22-2011, 06:00 PM
What about a Leapster? My DD really loved hers at that age (and still does at almost 6). We have the regular Leapster, which they don't make anymore. So, I would look at the Leapster2, and the Leapster Explorer. The Tag would be good, too, but is more of a pain IMO since you have to load/unload the books onto it (using your computer). Another thought is a CD player, so she can listen to books on CD during quiet time.

ETA: My DD has the iXL, also (but at my XH's house) and she doesn't like it as much as the Leapster. She was just telling me this morning that it is her all time favorite toy.

abh5e8
11-22-2011, 06:26 PM
how about the Anybook reader? its like tag, but you record any book you like...and use little stickers on the pages. it holds up to 60 hours of recording. we are considering it for dd and ds to share...and have all the long-distance relatives record their favorite stories :)