PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for 12 yo boy

MSWR0319
11-21-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm in desperate need of ideas for a 12 yo boy. I am completely clueless on this one! Any big hits I should look for?

kijip
11-21-2011, 02:50 PM
It is hard to say what would be a hit. He could be a 12 year old into sports or a 12 year old into alternative punk music or a 12 year old into science or a 12 year old who plays with legos everyday! Or all of the above. Tweens are so difficult to shop for! Do you have a budget? Do you know what he is interested in?

MSWR0319
11-21-2011, 05:36 PM
It is hard to say what would be a hit. He could be a 12 year old into sports or a 12 year old into alternative punk music or a 12 year old into science or a 12 year old who plays with legos everyday! Or all of the above. Tweens are so difficult to shop for! Do you have a budget? Do you know what he is interested in?

I'm not really worried about budget too much. It's for my DH's half brother who has Asperger's and I struggle every year. I ask him for a list but he doesn't usually come up with much. Unfortunately his parents don't expose him to a whole lot and don't encourage any type of interest or hobby, or discourage the ones he likes. I'd really like to ge him something special that I know his parents wouldn't get, I just don't know what that would be!

kijip
11-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Does he like computer games? It seems like a lot of the kids we know with HFA or Aspergers are into computers (including Toby!)

MSWR0319
11-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Does he like computer games? It seems like a lot of the kids we know with HFA or Aspergers are into computers (including Toby!)

They don't let him play the computer, but now that you mention it I do remember him playing games on his sister's iPhone. Maybe I can find him some type of hand held game. Thanks for the idea!

kijip
11-21-2011, 07:52 PM
They don't let him play the computer, but now that you mention it I do remember him playing games on his sister's iPhone. Maybe I can find him some type of hand held game. Thanks for the idea!

Maybe a sweet deal on a handheld like a DS?