PDA

View Full Version : LATCH-able HBBs?

pb&j
11-21-2011, 01:20 PM
DS's MA will be expiring soon. We already have one Parkway SGL in DH's car, and like it just fine. I'd like to get another LATCH-able HBB for my car - are there any others I should look at? Clek is way too expensive. I'd prefer not to get a harnessed seat as DS (almost 6) does fine in a regular seatbelt, and I'd rather have a lighter, less complex seat to deal with.

TIA!

HIU8
11-21-2011, 02:12 PM
We just got a monterey for DS. It's latchable, BUT it's not a light seat by any means (light to me is the HB Turbobooster. Monterey is way heavier).

annex
11-21-2011, 02:31 PM
The First Years Pathway B570 (not the other models) is a IIHS Best Bet and tends to run under $100. We have a non-latchable older model version of this booster and love it (it's lightweight, and folds for travel/transport.) The main drawback is a lower shoulder belt height than the Parkway/Monterey, so tall torso-ed kids may grow out of it sooner.

Joolsplus2
11-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Parkway SGL might be a good choice. I'd love to recommend the Pathway B570, but my almost 6 yo needs a lot of help to get it buckled and the belt threaded in the lap guides, so it's not really my fave...but then again, I don't own a Monterey or PW to compare it to!