PDA

View Full Version : Winter footwear for a 1yr old in NorCal

new_mom_mry
11-21-2011, 01:52 PM
So the winter temperature in our NorCal town typically ranges from mid 50s-60s, and in the mornings and evenings drops to low 40s. My DS is very close to walking independently, and typically wears pedipeds grip n'go when he goes outside, which are perfect for cruising, etc. Should I just stick with pedipeds grip n'go + warm socks, or is there is a slightly taller/warmer shoe that would be ideal in this situation for our chilly NorCal weather (think warmth and comfort of UGGS combined with maneuverability of pedipeds). The HA mocs are awesome, but now that he is starting to walk, we only use them for indoors or for stroller rides when he doesn't plan to get out of the stroller. Would love to hear what other options exist out there!

AnnieW625
11-21-2011, 04:55 PM
duplicate post

AnnieW625
11-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Regular shoes with socks works for us. I grew up in Woodland, which often gets down below freezing and I never wore dedicated snow or Ugg type boots in the winter. I never remember complaining that my feet were cold. I would get snow boots for Tahoe, but that's really all you need. I really like See Kai Run does for new walkers. Robeez does make booties too. I really wish that Uggs were more flexible for babies.

BayGirl2
11-21-2011, 07:24 PM
We did regular shoes with socks. When DS was one I believe I had a variety of medium-soled shoes, not the soft Robeez kind. For instance Squeakers or regular PediPeds. With socks those were warm enough, he didn't need fur or lining. We walk him in a stroller to daycare every day so he was outside quite a bit.

Even now we only wear boots for trips to Tahoe. He's stuck on wearing crocs every day and has to wear socks under them because he gets wood chips stuck in them. So I just got a fur lined pair for him to try out so they are at least warmer for the winter.

crl
11-21-2011, 09:35 PM
We are in SF and do regular shoes with socks. I'm used to places where it snows and this just doesn't seem all that cold to me. (I'm still wearing keen sandals without socks myself.)

Catherine

mommytoC
11-21-2011, 11:18 PM
I agree with PPs, regular shoes and socks. Where we live, that's still "croc" weather (with socks), or at least my DD#1 thinks so :). I put DD#2 in snowboots the other day - we didn't have snow yet, but were outside in 20 degree weather for almost 2 hours. DD#1 wore sneakers (her choice), and got cold feet.